[A15] Heavy defences 0.87 (09/09/2016)

Started by The_Fallen_One, December 24, 2015, 02:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: Yawinsum on June 13, 2016, 11:35:22 AM
Quote from: The_Fallen_One on June 13, 2016, 08:46:44 AM
Quote from: Yawinsum on June 13, 2016, 03:19:56 AM
I'm not sure if this is a bug or some kind of conflict with another mod I have but the Reinforced walls don't seem to actually support roofs at all.  Man-made and rock roofs both collapse if you make the room wide enough.  Also, if I restrict a Reinforced Door from being used, Colonists can still go through it.  I have tried redownloading the mod but that doesn't seem to work.  If necessary I can provide a list of the mods I'm running or the xml files themselves.

Roofs collapsing is a standard game mechanic, it happens when the ceiling is unsupported ie. too far away from a wall. To fix this, add small peices of wall periodically to make sure all of the roof is supported. As for the restrict not working, that is something I will look into because I have not noticed this before. I will get back to you when I have a chance to check it out.

I just meant that the bug might be that the Reinforced Walls aren't actually supporting roofs.  I have a mod that tells me the range of support a section of wall gives and when I click on a Reinforced wall it doesn't show anything.

They are coded to support roofs, so unless that mod changes how walls support roofs there shouldn't be a problem. It is likely that this mod affects walls' code in the xml files and adds a range to them, which can be copied if you want to do that, you just need to go into that mods' xml files, find the special effect radius and copy it across onto the reinforced walls code, and then the walls should display the ranges (I would give you some pre-made code to overwrite the normal code but I don't know the support range of the walls).
Me-"I'm learning other languages to help me code"
Both teachers-"No don't"

Encouragement at it finest.

Creator of the heavy defences mod

Yawinsum

Thank you for the replies.  I think I'll just remove that mod and see if that fixes the walls.

BaconBits

Any chance of an A14 update? I feel I cannot live with out it. Love this mod!!

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: WolfKing on July 20, 2016, 05:26:08 AM

Sorry for the delay it has been too hot around here to safely run my computer but its cooled down a bit. I am working on it now and I am hoping to get it updated as soon as possible.
Both teachers-"No don't"

BaconBits

Quote from: The_Fallen_One on July 20, 2016, 10:31:29 AM

Sorry for the delay it has been too hot around here to safely run my computer but its cooled down a bit. I am working on it now and I am hoping to get it updated as soon as possible.

No worries, hope the heat didn't damage anything. Thanks for the update. Are you working on any other mods for the future?

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: WolfKing on July 20, 2016, 04:01:34 PM
Quote from: The_Fallen_One on July 20, 2016, 10:31:29 AM

No worries, hope the heat didn't damage anything. Thanks for the update. Are you working on any other mods for the future?

Nah heat didn't do any damage, the next update is out but it is only a compatability with a few new features, not as many as I had originally intended to put in, which I will be doing soon hopefully.

As for other mods, I do have one in its early stages but it has no real functions at the moment, only research an some half finished textures, will probably stay that way until I get enough free time to get into it properly.
Both teachers-"No don't"

Vakturion

Awesome mod, love it.

I was wondering what the difference between shallow and deep bog was?

I can put bog down in a 1x[whatever] line and it slows everyone down great, if I make it a huge 10x10 block it doesn't seem to do anything?

Am I doing something wrong with the bog?

Thanks.

Wishmaster

There are some issues:

sometime a siege event occurs and the pirates will setup a rocket artillery... without electricity to power it, so it won't work.

Also some pieces look ridiculously OP even if they are really expensive.
Rocket artillery will completely annihilate a raid or a siege with a single salvo because of its explosion radius and accuracy.

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: Vakturion on August 18, 2016, 07:50:37 AM
Awesome mod, love it.

I was wondering what the difference between shallow and deep bog was?

I can put bog down in a 1x[whatever] line and it slows everyone down great, if I make it a huge 10x10 block it doesn't seem to do anything?

Am I doing something wrong with the bog?

Thanks.

The deeper bog has a greater slowing effect for the first part, but the second part I have no idea why that isn't working. It wasn't designed to be put in large blobs as the raiders would just walk around it if they could so I imagine with a large blob they can just "walk around" it even though it is solid for some reason.
Both teachers-"No don't"

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: Wishmaster on August 18, 2016, 11:22:03 AM
There are some issues:

sometime a siege event occurs and the pirates will setup a rocket artillery... without electricity to power it, so it won't work.

Also some pieces look ridiculously OP even if they are really expensive.
Rocket artillery will completely annihilate a raid or a siege with a single salvo because of its explosion radius and accuracy.

Yeah its something i'm working on.
Both teachers-"No don't"

Deimos Rast

Does this work with Combat Realism? Those turrets look wicked and I'd love to get them into my game, but I'm concerned the colonist weapons aren't compatible with CR.
Hypothetically, if you didn't want to bother with making a CR patch (assuming it needs one), you could spin off the guns as a separate download, so people like me could at least use the turrets.
Just a thought. Either way, nice work.
;D
#StopPluginAbuse

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 23, 2016, 08:30:29 PM
Does this work with Combat Realism? Those turrets look wicked and I'd love to get them into my game, but I'm concerned the colonist weapons aren't compatible with CR.
Hypothetically, if you didn't want to bother with making a CR patch (assuming it needs one), you could spin off the guns as a separate download, so people like me could at least use the turrets.
Just a thought. Either way, nice work.
;D
There is already a separate download without the guns for people that don't want them. Also the turrets work as far as i'm aware but the guns won't.
Both teachers-"No don't"

Deimos Rast

So there is! Probably should have clicked through all the way...
Thanks.
#StopPluginAbuse

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: Deimos Rast on August 26, 2016, 03:59:52 PM
So there is! Probably should have clicked through all the way...
Thanks.
Not a problem
Both teachers-"No don't"