[A15] Heavy defences 0.87 (09/09/2016)

Started by The_Fallen_One, December 24, 2015, 02:20:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Fallen_One

Quote from: BaconBits on September 08, 2016, 04:15:40 PM
Any chance of an A15 update?
The A14 update works but i will add an A15 that will get rid of the version error message people may be having.
Me-"I'm learning other languages to help me code"
Both teachers-"No don't"

Encouragement at it finest.

Creator of the heavy defences mod

BaconBits

Nice, Thanks. I honestly hadn't looked at it.

hiepbg

Quote from: Wishmaster on August 18, 2016, 11:22:03 AM
There are some issues:

sometime a siege event occurs and the pirates will setup a rocket artillery... without electricity to power it, so it won't work.

Also some pieces look ridiculously OP even if they are really expensive.
Rocket artillery will completely annihilate a raid or a siege with a single salvo because of its explosion radius and accuracy.

Same Problem. I have take 1 roclet artilery from a siege. It's too much powerfull, and it can destroy every enemies from a far distance.

Thundercraft

If I may make a suggestion:

Maybe this started out small. But I don't think the term "small mod" fits anymore. Why not split this up to give players the option to install all or just parts? I would suggest 4 separate packages or folders:

• ['Turrets' folder] = New turrets and artillery
  • ['Guns' folder] = New guns
  • ['Traps + Walls' folder] = The traps + the stronger walls, doors and sandbags
  • ['Total Destruction' folder] = The endgame research and anything most players would consider OP
You wouldn't even need to maintain separate downloads. You could have it split into folders inside a single .ZIP archive, allowing us to install what we want.

The reasons why I think this is a good idea:
  • Certain parts may conflict with certain mods.
  • Some players may want to use Combat Realism and only use guns that require ammo.
  • Some players may desire a challenge and not want in-game access to anything that's clearly Over Powered (like the land'nuke').
  • Some players may only want part of it. Maybe they have several other gun mods and/or turret mods installed? Maybe they would rather not have any more options to confuse or clutter a workbench.
Personally, I'm tempted to try your new traps and improved walls, doors and sandbags  - but not if I have to accept it as one big package. And it would not be well-balanced with Combat Realism.

Robloxsina66

Iwillbenicetou

Quote from: Robloxsina66 on January 02, 2017, 04:44:54 PM
wll this be updated?
Quote from: Robloxsina66 on January 04, 2017, 08:56:22 PM
or no?
Only reply once a day (or as many as you want as long as someone commented after you). Meaning, don't double comment. Especially short comments like yours
Mod Help! The basics on how to download mods!

pktongrimworld

I tried using the A15 verison, alot of red text lol

auri

filippe999