Visitors don't move

Started by Dr. Z, January 25, 2014, 12:14:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Z

Sometimes when travelors come to my colony, they're just standing at the place on the edge of the map where they spawned doing nothing. Whe I click on them, the infobox says they're standing, but every few seconds it says "walking" for the blink of an eye, so I think the game want's to move them, but it can't because of a bug.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Jones-250

Hmm, that´s quite odd. I cannot say quite this moment what it might be. Someone will probably point out that it´s fixed in the next version. What a useless post.
Skill,
  Cohesion
      and a Forward spirit.

Semmy

Quote from: Dr. Z on January 25, 2014, 12:14:46 PM
Sometimes when travelors come to my colony, they're just standing at the place on the edge of the map where they spawned doing nothing. Whe I click on them, the infobox says they're standing, but every few seconds it says "walking" for the blink of an eye, so I think the game want's to move them, but it can't because of a bug.

Did you wall off or otherwise enclose a piece of the map.

it is known for travelers to bug out than. And resolved in the new release.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Dr. Z

Quote from: Jones-250 on January 25, 2014, 02:29:40 PM
What a useless post.
Well I'm sorry for posting a bug in a bug-forum. I won't do this terrible mistake again. Please forgive me.

Quote from: Semmy on January 25, 2014, 02:40:26 PM
Did you wall off or otherwise enclose a piece of the map.
Yes I did. Thank you.
Prasie the Squirrel!

Semmy

No at all.
We had this issue during testing and i think it was taken out around version 32X

I hope it stays gone d-;
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Daryoon

I have had a visitor from one of the neutral factions(+32 goodwill), who came to hang out a chef(might have mentioned something about cooking?), which was fine and then when she decided to leave she made it all the way to the edge of the map but never left? She is slowly starving out there, standing around and occasionally moving a few steps, not sure if I should send food over to her or arrest her and make the faction angry with me.
I am playing build 408, with the largest map size on randy random, and only the fertilizer pump mod on aside from the vanilla mods checked.
I haven't built walls around the map or closed it off at all.
Could send in my game save if needed, as she is still stuck there? Not sure if it would help.

While playing another group of the same faction came to visit, I was wondering if maybe that's why the lady wasn't leaveing, but no when they started to leave she didn't change her behavior. A boomrat even attacked them they stopped for a bit to kill it and then eventually kept going and left the map, but she is still there.