Best Story Driven Game ( POLL )

Started by top_hat_tomato, December 28, 2015, 10:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

top_hat_tomato

What are the best games with great stories and plots for PC? I've made a poll to figure out what the community thinks ! If I left out a game, just comment and I'll add it to a later poll .
You can vote multiple times.
http://strawpoll.me/6391062

List of games that will be added next poll
- Undertale

A Friend

I haven't played a majority of these games but here's what I voted for:
Basically mainstream GOTYs.

- The Last of Us.
- Bioshock (I'm going to assume it also includes Infinite cause that's the one I have played and that's one big mindfuck. In a good way.)

Would have voted for Undertale too if it was included. Despite looking like an overhyped pretentious indie game. I believe the hype and praise for its story is well deserved. Rare for a game to actually make me tear up a bit.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

RickyMartini

I liked The last Of Us as an overall great game and story. I also voted for Heavy Rain since the concept was enormously brilliant to me, at least at that time.

Kraehe

MisterVertigo

Shadowrun: Returns and Shadowrun: Dragonfall were AMAZING stories. I also have the new Hong Kong, but I haven't finished it yet.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Semmy

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

EnderMender

I agree with Mistervertigo they did have strong stories but also i have been playing a new game called underrail and it has just a strong story.As you make choices which affect the story.

Little warning if you are going to play the game don't open any boxes at the docks i learned that the hard way.

quxzcover

KillTyrant

Mass Effect was rather entertaining as well as intriguing.

quxzcover

Quote from: EnderMender on February 13, 2016, 01:08:55 PM
I agree with Mistervertigo they did have strong stories but also i have been playing a new game called underrail and it has just a strong story.As you make choices which affect the story.

Little warning if you are going to play the game don't open any boxes at the docks i learned that the hard way.

i have undertail and i completely forgot about it. that is actually nothing but a story driven game. without the story there would be no game, where as these other games, you could take away the story and the concept stays the same.