[A13] [A12d] [MODPACK] [UI] UPDATED! The must-have Rimworld UI mods!

Started by Florius, December 30, 2015, 01:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leviatana

Is anyone able to post the mod order for the pack? I tried several things but the only way I got it to work is by putting the UI mod on the bottom instead of just after the CORE mod as said in the starters post. However reading further down the line this means some mods won't function properly? I'm confused! I installed the mod order mod as well to make it easier to sort them out.

Florius

Quote from: Leviatana on April 17, 2016, 01:06:25 PM
Is anyone able to post the mod order for the pack? I tried several things but the only way I got it to work is by putting the UI mod on the bottom instead of just after the CORE mod as said in the starters post. However reading further down the line this means some mods won't function properly? I'm confused! I installed the mod order mod as well to make it easier to sort them out.

Hi Leviatana. I have tried several mod orders, but the CORE should ALWAYS be first, as this is the base game. The rest of the order shouldn't matter at the moment, as the EdB colonist bar is only half of the original mod.

It is correct that some mods do not function, as far as I'm aware this is only StorageSearch, as it relies on another mod which isn't updated for Alpha 13.
I do apologize however as I see that Autoseller is still included in the modpack, however this mod breaks the game at the moment. I will edit the first page with the new pack, but the new version is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/88b1hp3se0vv7d0/The_must-have_mods_UI_for_Rimworld_Alpha_13_version_6.1.zip

Let me know if you run in any further issues.

Plasmatic

Quote from: Florius on April 17, 2016, 03:52:19 PM

Hi Leviatana. I have tried several mod orders, but the CORE should ALWAYS be first, as this is the base game. The rest of the order shouldn't matter at the moment, as the EdB colonist bar is only half of the original mod.

It is correct that some mods do not function, as far as I'm aware this is only StorageSearch, as it relies on another mod which isn't updated for Alpha 13.
I do apologize however as I see that Autoseller is still included in the modpack, however this mod breaks the game at the moment. I will edit the first page with the new pack, but the new version is here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/88b1hp3se0vv7d0/The_must-have_mods_UI_for_Rimworld_Alpha_13_version_6.1.zip

I found something odd.. Upon loading a game I now have clones of colonists along the top of the screen..

http://i.imgur.com/TQBT3fH.png

These duplicates kept coming even with newly captured colonists..

Only mod that changes UI is yours.

RickyMartini

Might have to do with the original EDB colonist bar mod. Not sure which version is in this modpack.

Leviatana

Quote from: Florius on April 17, 2016, 03:52:19 PM

This worked great for me. Also to the one experiencing the double Colonist Bar. I suffered from that as well but after removing all the mods and taking the new pack I have had zero issues. Thank you!

Florius

jackarbiter

Quote from: Leviatana on April 18, 2016, 11:36:46 AM
This worked great for me. Also to the one experiencing the double Colonist Bar. I suffered from that as well but after removing all the mods and taking the new pack I have had zero issues. Thank you!

I removed all mods, took the new pack (game works now), and still have double colonist bar after creating new world, new start, and then saving, quitting, going back in, loading that start.

(EDIT)
In the changelog for colonist bar it states:

Version 0.13.0.3 (2016-04-15)

- Attempting to fix memory leak.  Removed initialization logic from the
    ComponentColonistBar constructor to avoid problems caused by two instances
    getting constructed when loading a map.

Perhaps something to do with this.
Arbitration - One-folder modpack, marathon overhaul, working vehicles

Florius

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 18, 2016, 12:33:15 PM
Quote from: Leviatana on April 18, 2016, 11:36:46 AM

I removed all mods, took the new pack (game works now), and still have double colonist bar after creating new world, new start, and then saving, quitting, going back in, loading that start.

(EDIT)
In the changelog for colonist bar it states:

Version 0.13.0.3 (2016-04-15)

- Attempting to fix memory leak.  Removed initialization logic from the
    ComponentColonistBar constructor to avoid problems caused by two instances
    getting constructed when loading a map.

Perhaps something to do with this.

Seems like it. It's still Beta, and to be honest, I am already glad I have the colonist bar, rather double then nothing!

jackarbiter

Quote from: Florius on April 18, 2016, 12:39:20 PM
Seems like it. It's still Beta, and to be honest, I am already glad I have the colonist bar, rather double then nothing!

Looks like he changed the name of the .dll, and both dll files are included in the modpack.

As he states here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5258.msg207894#msg207894

Delete EdBInterface.dll from EdBColonistBar>Assemblies.

Had to start a new game (made sure to do a whole new world) and it works properly now.

geekest_cat

Extremely useful and accurate pick of should-be-core mods, many thanks for the compilation.

Florius

Quote from: geekest_cat on April 18, 2016, 03:02:55 PM
Extremely useful and accurate pick of should-be-core mods, many thanks for the compilation.

Thank you sir, glad you like it. Keep an eye on the topic, it will be updated regularly!

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 18, 2016, 02:17:20 PM
Quote from: Florius on April 18, 2016, 12:39:20 PM

Looks like he changed the name of the .dll, and both dll files are included in the modpack.

As he states here: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=5258.msg207894#msg207894

Delete EdBInterface.dll from EdBColonistBar>Assemblies.

Had to start a new game (made sure to do a whole new world) and it works properly now.

You have to start a new game when you delete the .dll file?

jackarbiter

Quote from: Florius on April 18, 2016, 03:39:16 PM

I loaded the same map and it was still double, so I assume so, though perhaps I could have saved then and reloaded again and it would have worked; I'm not overly familiar with the game's architecture. I don't know if you need a new world, was just eliminating all the variables to test it.

On fluffy's mod page where he had a temporary pawn bar while waiting for EdB someone couldn't get it to work until a new game and perhaps world.

Plasmatic

Quote from: jackarbiter on April 18, 2016, 04:13:57 PM
Quote from: Florius on April 18, 2016, 03:39:16 PM

I loaded the same map and it was still double, so I assume so, though perhaps I could have saved then and reloaded again and it would have worked; I'm not overly familiar with the game's architecture. I don't know if you need a new world, was just eliminating all the variables to test it.

On fluffy's mod page where he had a temporary pawn bar while waiting for EdB someone couldn't get it to work until a new game and perhaps world.

Nah, just tried it, still double, so new map is needed.

That said.. It seems to spawn 2 different bars, so you can just right click it and hide one. that worked for me

Florius, there are issues with your modpack.

While CCL has been updated to A13, not all the mods using CCL have been updated properly.  Mods which are xml only are fine (that is, they don't require anything more than their xml to be updated) however, mods with assemblies dependant on CCL must be recompiled against the new A13 CCL assembly.  There were major internal changes to the library as well as assembly signing which needs to be dealt with.

Specifically, Storage Search is not A13 compatible.  It's assembly was built using CCLs API and it needs to be recompiled for the new version.
(2*b)||!(2*b) - That is the question.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world - those that understand binary and those that don't.