Prisoner set to "Release" won't eat

Started by Shurp, December 21, 2015, 07:06:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shurp

You might consider this WAD, but it seems like a bug to me.  An injured prisoner lying in a prison medical bed won't eat if his Prisoner type is set to "Release".  I understand the implicit logic -- if you're planning to kick a prisoner out, you're not expecting to keep him around long enough to feed him.  But when he's lying crippled from several infections he's not able to walk and now the poor guy is starving to death... especially when the "Gets food" option is checked...

So I'm going to manually set him to "friendly chat" so he gets fed. 

BTW, this is easy to reproduce.  Set any prisoner to "Release".  Click any warden, right click the prisoner.  No food option.  Change the setting on the prisoner, click the warden, right click the prisoner, voila, he's feedable again.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

ison

I agree, if a downed prisoner is set to "release" then he should get food if "Gets food" is set to true. It will be fixed for A14, thanks.