[1.5] Allow Tool (3.13.0) - The Rimworld Multitool

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 01, 2016, 04:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ArguedPiano

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 22, 2016, 12:15:02 AM
Hey folks, please send me your "RimWorld/RimWorldWin_Data/output_log.txt" file after the error happens, so I can figure out what broke.

GitHub seems to be working fine for me, but here's the old 2.1.0 version build.

Yesterday whatever version you had out would crash on loading (i.e would reset all mods even if it was the only mod being loaded) but the newest version 2.3.2 is working fine for me now.
Thank you! This is one of the mods I dislike playing without!
The only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down.

Seinne

That seemed to fix it, love this mod!

You asked in the WS if I saw red text in the crash report, but with this crash I never got that far, I just got a pop up window, like if you try and load a save without a dependent mod loaded, stating there was an error loading the map, and it would kick you back to main menu.

Anyways great work!

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: ArguedPiano on October 22, 2016, 08:03:26 AM
Yesterday whatever version you had out would crash on loading (i.e would reset all mods even if it was the only mod being loaded) but the newest version 2.3.2 is working fine for me now.
Thank you! This is one of the mods I dislike playing without!

Even when it was the only mod? That's odd... but hey, as long as it's working now :P

Quote from: Seinne on October 22, 2016, 08:34:42 AM
That seemed to fix it, love this mod!

You asked in the WS if I saw red text in the crash report, but with this crash I never got that far, I just got a pop up window, like if you try and load a save without a dependent mod loaded, stating there was an error loading the map, and it would kick you back to main menu.

Anyways great work!

Yeah, I figured you got that dialog. Fortunately the game still writes the error to the log file. Un-fortunately, the file gets overwritten on each launch :)
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Litcube

Hi! Me again with silly suggestions. 

You know what'd be neat? Selecting everything on the map of the same type.

(e.g. select all metal chunks to click hauling)

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Litcube on October 22, 2016, 01:07:42 PM
Hi! Me again with silly suggestions. 

You know what'd be neat? Selecting everything on the map of the same type.

(e.g. select all metal chunks to click hauling)

Hey :)
Yeah, the idea had crossed my mind. Very handy, until you accidentally select every piece of rock on the map and your game explodes ;D
It could work if it were limited to items, though.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

KTVSUN

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.4.0

Well, looks like someone got their wish :D
Selecting every item or pawn of a certain type with one click is now a thing.
Also, kaptain-kavern contributed a very French translation. Thank you, monsieur.

zmadz

amazing job, wouldn't it be easier to make a library a separate core mod that will be called by your other mods? also i am not sure if def positions is overwriting the position of the dash from valkyrie armor that you get with a mod isekawa moe gear.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: zmadz on October 24, 2016, 10:42:16 AM
amazing job, wouldn't it be easier to make a library a separate core mod that will be called by your other mods? also i am not sure if def positions is overwriting the position of the dash from valkyrie armor that you get with a mod isekawa moe gear.

Oh you bet it would be easier- but players would have to download and install a separate mod, as well as having to update every dependent mod each time I would release a new library version (as far as my research shows, at least.) So I chose to put in the extra effort so you guys don't have to :)
As for Moe Gears and Defensive Positions- works fine for me. Check if you're wearing the helmet, since it's the piece that displays the controls for the armor.

faltonico

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 23, 2016, 06:29:48 AM
Updated to 2.4.0

Selecting every item or pawn of a certain type with one click is now a thing.

You are so awesome!
I really HATED that i had to search for every cleaner bot one by one in the whole map, so I could draft them and get them out of harms way in a raid -_-'

Thanks a lot  ;D

kaptain_kavern

Have you tried double click? Should work for pawns as well in vanilla IIRC.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: faltonico on October 24, 2016, 02:48:35 PM
You are so awesome!
I really HATED that i had to search for every cleaner bot one by one in the whole map, so I could draft them and get them out of harms way in a raid -_-'

Thanks a lot  ;D

Glad to help ya out, bud :)
And Kaptian is right- double click could be quicker, as long as all the pawns are on your screen.

kaptain_kavern

Oh yes it was more about selecting all the droids/pawns like faltonico rather downing the idea/mod ;)

I find the mod nice (in fact it's not that often I do translations - because I always play in English - I have to really think the mod should be enjoyed by most  ;D )

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on October 24, 2016, 04:53:47 PM
Oh yes it was more about selecting all the droids/pawns like faltonico rather downing the idea/mod ;)

I find the mod nice (in fact it's not that often I do translations - because I always play in English - I have to really think the mod should be enjoyed by most  ;D )

Eh, no worries- the feature was meant as a more specialized selection tool anyway, mainly because of the 80 item limit in vanilla. I'd go for the double click for the colonists, too.