[1.5] Allow Tool (3.13.0) - The Rimworld Multitool

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 01, 2016, 04:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 3.2.3

Released another fix to address colonists ignoring the Finish off orders on existing saves.

If you are having this problem, check the Mod Settings menu- I've added a setting to show the (normally hidden) work type, so that it can be toggled for individual colonists.

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 03, 2017, 03:09:05 PM
The Icon for Finish Off looks real nice.

Thank you ^_^
I also quite like it. Looks like the practice is paying off.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

deathstar

Love the new addition, again a feature you'd think would be in the base game. I always hated how you had to get someone with a knife to stab an incapacitated animal or person a good 20 times before they die...

SpaceDorf

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on June 03, 2017, 02:22:13 PM
Updated to 3.2.2

@SpaceDorf
I'll see if I can add a confirmation to the Cancel thing in a future update.

I just found out, that I can disable the option in the mods menu, which is good enough for me ;D
Thanks you for that.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: deathstar on June 04, 2017, 03:19:00 PM
Love the new addition, again a feature you'd think would be in the base game. I always hated how you had to get someone with a knife to stab an incapacitated animal or person a good 20 times before they die...

It does make it easier emotionally- for someone who is sensitive this can be a deal breaker.
Many lives were lost during the testing phase of the tool, but I rest easy knowing that they gave their pawn lives for a good cause :)

Quote from: SpaceDorf on June 05, 2017, 07:35:13 AM
I just found out, that I can disable the option in the mods menu, which is good enough for me ;D
Thanks you for that.

Oh hey, that works too. I'll strike that one off my list.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Plasmatic

Absolutely ADORE the mod, makes life so much easier with something as simple as Allow all!

Finish off is a HUGE boon when it comes to manhunter packs too, though I would wish it would auto mark the corpse as allowed when it's dead.. But I'm assuming that's on the todo list :)

The other things I could think of right now is the context menu's having a button for within the home area only, like "Harvest all within Home" or "Haul all within Home".

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Plasmatic on June 05, 2017, 02:15:28 PM
Absolutely ADORE the mod, makes life so much easier with something as simple as Allow all!

Finish off is a HUGE boon when it comes to manhunter packs too, though I would wish it would auto mark the corpse as allowed when it's dead.. But I'm assuming that's on the todo list :)

The other things I could think of right now is the context menu's having a button for within the home area only, like "Harvest all within Home" or "Haul all within Home".

Auto-allow might work, though it's not something you would want in every case. I'd rather err on the safe side. Also, I heard there was a mod specifically for allowing forbidden items :)

The "all in home area" is a nice idea. I'll keep it in mind, maybe something will come of it.

onerous1

Has anyone had the problem with combat not ending when using the finishing off tool? I constantly hear combat music and friendlies have shown up multiple times long after any danger has been eliminated. I do have a long mod list and just want to double check. I also suspect the wolf pack mod...

Antaios

Quote from: onerous1 on June 14, 2017, 10:04:30 PM
Has anyone had the problem with combat not ending when using the finishing off tool? I constantly hear combat music and friendlies have shown up multiple times long after any danger has been eliminated. I do have a long mod list and just want to double check. I also suspect the wolf pack mod...

The unending combat music, random friendlies arriving, and no option to name your colony bugs all seem to trace back to there being an unopened ancient shrine with hostile mechanoids in it. Try checking for any nasties in your shrines.

onerous1

Quote from: Antaios on June 14, 2017, 10:30:29 PM
The unending combat music, random friendlies arriving, and no option to name your colony bugs all seem to trace back to there being an unopened ancient shrine with hostile mechanoids in it. Try checking for any nasties in your shrines.

Are you serious? That ancient shrine is deep in the mountain at the edge of the map. Thanks for the info. That's annoying. Now I have to figure out which mod spawned the shrine deep in the mountain. Apparently, ancient dangers can spawn deep in the mountain. C'est le Rimworld.

giannikampa

And as always.. sorry for my bad english

faltonico

Hi!
I'm loving the new features! Just when i thought it wouldn't be possible to improve the mod any further. Great job!

I had an error pop up though, but i can't relate it to anything in particular happening in the map, and it only occurred once:
[AllowTool][ERR] Exception during PrepareContextMenus: System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[Verse.Designator].VerifyState () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1+Enumerator[Verse.Designator].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at System.Linq.Enumerable+<CreateSelectManyIterator>c__Iterator12`2[Verse.DesignationCategoryDef,Verse.Designator].MoveNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at AllowTool.Context.DesignatorContextMenuController.PrepareContextMenus () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
HugsLib.Utils.ModLogger:ReportException(Exception, String, Boolean, String)
AllowTool.Context.DesignatorContextMenuController:PrepareContextMenus()
AllowTool.AllowToolController:WorldLoaded()
HugsLib.HugsLibController:OnPlayingStateEntered()
HugsLib.Patches.Game_FinalizeInit_Patch:WorldLoadedHook()
Verse.Game:FinalizeInit_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Game:InitNewGame()
Verse.Root_Play:<Start>m__850()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

I am having some random GUI errors from time to time, does this has to do with it?

Keep up the good work pal, I really appreciate it!

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: faltonico on July 19, 2017, 12:52:35 AM
Hi! I'm loving the new features! Just when i thought it wouldn't be possible to improve the mod any further. Great job!
I had an error pop up though, but i can't relate it to anything in particular happening in the map, and it only occurred once:

Hey :)
Glad you're putting the new stuff to work.
As for the error, looks like you caught a rare one caused by Rimworld loading things in different threads. I'll make a fix in the next update. I would say it's unlikely that this would cause further errors, though.
Some logs of those would help, if you want to investigate.

Little Hell

Very useful mod, and I love the Finish off animation.

Can I suggest something? I don't know if anyone suggested it already, I'm too lazy to check, but anyway; a 'harvest all plants like this on map'? So you can, for example, harvest all the wild healroot without harvesting the berries or vice versa.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Little Hell on July 19, 2017, 12:42:20 PM
Can I suggest something? I don't know if anyone suggested it already, I'm too lazy to check, but anyway; a 'harvest all plants like this on map'? So you can, for example, harvest all the wild healroot without harvesting the berries or vice versa.

You're in luck- this can already be done with the "Select similar" tool. Select a healroot, then use the right-click menu action on Select similar. Bam, all healroot selected. Now just click "Harvest", and you're good to go.

Little Hell

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on July 19, 2017, 12:54:33 PMYou're in luck- this can already be done with the "Select similar" tool. Select a healroot, then use the right-click menu action on Select similar. Bam, all healroot selected. Now just click "Harvest", and you're good to go.

Wow, that's an interesting combination... why I didn't thought that before...

Thanks! I said nothing then. I will Finish off some raiders to compensate my stupidity.