[1.5] Allow Tool (3.13.0) - The Rimworld Multitool

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 01, 2016, 04:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Mistrornge on November 05, 2017, 10:09:54 AM
Help a newb.  How do you select an entire vein of ore?  right clicking seem to close the select tool.  I think I am missing an important step.
Thank you,

Heyo.
The simplest way is to select an ore tile and right-click the "Mine" tool at the bottom of the screen, then click the "Mine connected ores" that pops up.
Or even easier- select a tile, then press the Equals key- which activates the context menu action on the first tool.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Mistrornge

faltonico

Did you manage to improve the multiple item selection performance of the A18 version?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: faltonico on November 05, 2017, 12:57:27 PM
Did you manage to improve the multiple item selection performance of the A18 version?

Here's the thing. I looked over the source of the mod you linked, and literally all it does is allow you to select more than 80 items. No performance tweaks that I could detect.
Here's a follow-up question, though- are you experiencing a lag spike at the moment of selection, or a generally low frame rate when a lot of items are selected?
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

faltonico

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on November 05, 2017, 01:32:34 PM
Quote from: faltonico on November 05, 2017, 12:57:27 PM

Here's the thing. I looked over the source of the mod you linked, and literally all it does is allow you to select more than 80 items. No performance tweaks that I could detect.
Here's a follow-up question, though- are you experiencing a lag spike at the moment of selection, or a generally low frame rate when a lot of items are selected?
The moment I select it freezes for an instant, and then terrible terrible lag when having stuff selected. The more items i can select at the same time (by tweaking the mod options) the worst it gets.
So I was really surprised that I would be having lag only because i was selecting stuff, in A16 when using that other mod i could select over 1000 things on the map without lag.

Edit: Attached image from A16 xD

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: faltonico on November 05, 2017, 07:15:33 PM
The moment I select it freezes for an instant, and then terrible terrible lag when having stuff selected. The more items i can select at the same time (by tweaking the mod options) the worst it gets.
So I was really surprised that I would be having lag only because i was selecting stuff, in A16 when using that other mod i could select over 1000 things on the map without lag.

I did some more testing, and looks like Select Similar is causing most of the issue here. If performance is critical, you can disable it in the "Tools on selected items" section (remember to restart). It won't cause any issues just sitting in the Orders category.
I'll see if I can figure out a way to optimize it a bit.

PGMP1979

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE UPDATE !!!
Omg, i missed this mod so much on my Early A18 gameplay.
tytytytyty  ;D ;D ;D

faltonico

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on November 05, 2017, 08:07:41 PM
Quote from: faltonico on November 05, 2017, 07:15:33 PM

I did some more testing, and looks like Select Similar is causing most of the issue here. If performance is critical, you can disable it in the "Tools on selected items" section (remember to restart). It won't cause any issues just sitting in the Orders category.
I'll see if I can figure out a way to optimize it a bit.
I stopped playing because of performance, any little optimization you can do would be appreciated even more.

Kalre

Please please please update Defensive positions :(

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Kalre on November 06, 2017, 03:13:47 AM
Please please please update Defensive positions :(

It's on my list, no worries :)

PreDiabetic

Sometimes I forget to use Allow All and waste lots of dead animals on map. Is there map to make any animal that died or pod drop auto Allow (Unforbid) ?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: damngrl on December 08, 2017, 01:05:25 AM
Sometimes I forget to use Allow All and waste lots of dead animals on map. Is there map to make any animal that died or pod drop auto Allow (Unforbid) ?

Not at this time. But and option to not automatically forbid anything could make for a good addition.

Canute

But in that case, you need to add the option "Forbid allways" too.
To prevent things at your colony to get unforbid.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Canute on December 08, 2017, 02:24:03 AM
But in that case, you need to add the option "Forbid allways" too.
To prevent things at your colony to get unforbid.

Well, it would just prevent newly dropped things from being automatically forbidden, the way I see it. Buildings and existing things wouldn't be affected.

Zalpha

This is a core mod I can't play without. Absolutely love it. Select similar is my fav to out of the lot but there all equally as useful.

Is there a chance I could some how Select all similar based off of one of the type across the whole map. I just started using this mod and only just now thought of doing this. I have been using this tool, selecting something then dragging across the map a few times. Would be great with one click.