[1.5] Allow Tool (3.13.0) - The Rimworld Multitool

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 01, 2016, 04:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hamof

Quote from: Zalpha on December 10, 2017, 09:19:02 PM
This is a core mod I can't play without. Absolutely love it. Select similar is my fav to out of the lot but there all equally as useful.

Is there a chance I could some how Select all similar based off of one of the type across the whole map. I just started using this mod and only just now thought of doing this. I have been using this tool, selecting something then dragging across the map a few times. Would be great with one click.

Right click the "select similar" button, and it should be an option.

TryB4Buy

AllowTool (or Defensive potion) seems to PREVENT Self-Tend. I had a nice screen shot of an unrestricted colonist with self-tend on and a flu that needs treating next to a medicine. The allow tool menu says "Draft, Defensive position, Select Similar, - Select similar things on map" but there is NO "Tend to x pawn's name".

However, when I draft the colonist I can "Prioritize tending to 'title, name of pawn'". Is this intended?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: TryB4Buy on December 28, 2017, 02:27:47 PM
AllowTool (or Defensive potion) seems to PREVENT Self-Tend. I had a nice screen shot of an unrestricted colonist with self-tend on and a flu that needs treating next to a medicine. The allow tool menu says "Draft, Defensive position, Select Similar, - Select similar things on map" but there is NO "Tend to x pawn's name".
However, when I draft the colonist I can "Prioritize tending to 'title, name of pawn'". Is this intended?

What do you mean by "The allow tool menu"? Self-tending should not appear as a button, unless another mod adds it.
I have tested with both mods, and neither prevents self-tending, both automatically and via the right-click menu. Might be another mod causing the problem- try disabling everything but Allow Tool and see if the issue persists.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

TryB4Buy

I mean when I 1) select a colonist & 2) right click the colonist. A little context menu pops up with Draft Select Similar and Sleect similar things on map. It has Allow Tool written in faint letters behind the line that says draft.

In vanilla when you right click a colonist with that colonist selected, there is an option to treat the colonist if the colonist is treatable...

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: TryB4Buy on December 29, 2017, 01:18:11 AM
I mean when I 1) select a colonist & 2) right click the colonist. A little context menu pops up with Draft Select Similar and Sleect similar things on map. It has Allow Tool written in faint letters behind the line that says draft.
In vanilla when you right click a colonist with that colonist selected, there is an option to treat the colonist if the colonist is treatable...

Allow Tool doesn't add any of those things to the colonist right click menu. I'd wager it's one of your other mods doing some funny business.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Sarge

@OP

I have been led to your door with my request.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Sarge on January 05, 2018, 02:38:29 PM
@OP

Well, as @SpaceDorf mentioned, Haul Urgently is already implemented.
As for multiple levels of urgency, I would be open to that- as long as it can be done in an unobtrusive and simple fashion. Perhaps by pressing the +/- keys while holding the tool, then designating the items.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on January 06, 2018, 03:30:20 AM
Quote from: Sarge on January 05, 2018, 02:38:29 PM
@OP

Well, as @SpaceDorf mentioned, Haul Urgently is already implemented.
As for multiple levels of urgency, I would be open to that- as long as it can be done in an unobtrusive and simple fashion. Perhaps by pressing the +/- keys while holding the tool, then designating the items.

I was thinking more like work priority levels. You left click/right click on haul urgently button to make it go up/down in levels. So all priority 1 haul urgentlies go first, followed by 2, etc.

Sarge

Thanks, it sounds great. I hope others have a need for it as much as I do.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Sarge on January 06, 2018, 09:37:13 AM
Thanks, it sounds great. I hope others have a need for it as much as I do.

Sometimes you don't realize how much you need something, until someone says something! Thinking about my last mountain base this would've been super helpful. Say we ran out of steel and I want to get it back very soon, but we just did a harvest and I need the perishables to come in first. This would be awesome for designating everything at once. I have a real problem, where I will say, "ok after the perishables come in, remember to haul urgently the steel!" and of course, I never, ever remember that stuff. My RimWorld games are just a constant list of finding more crap to do, forgetting half the list, and hopefully remembering to do it before it's too late!

ESKOR

Hi all!
One question, this mod have an option like   right click in an object --> "move to (SPECIFIC) stopckpile ? " ignoring the priorities of stockpiles, of course.

THANKS

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: ESKOR on January 06, 2018, 03:24:55 PM
Hi all!
One question, this mod have an option like   right click in an object --> "move to (SPECIFIC) stopckpile ? " ignoring the priorities of stockpiles, of course.

THANKS

The only thing I can think of is QOLTweaksPacks, but it is in the process of being updated at the moment and that feature isn't working properly. You would have to forbid that item anyway when you drop it into a stockpile of lesser importance, because otherwise it would always have a hauling job to the more important stockpile.

crusader2010

Hello. I'm noticing something strange with the "Haul urgently". It rarely seems to consider the stacks of items as the normal "Haul" job does. What I mean is, considering 3 stacks of the same item near each other, "haul urgently" will make 3 pawns go after them, one after each stack, instead of sending just one (which could easily carry all).

Is there any way to force this "stacking" behavior?
My mod pack: {A13} Mod Mega Pack

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: crusader2010 on January 06, 2018, 05:11:43 PM
Hello. I'm noticing something strange with the "Haul urgently". It rarely seems to consider the stacks of items as the normal "Haul" job does. What I mean is, considering 3 stacks of the same item near each other, "haul urgently" will make 3 pawns go after them, one after each stack, instead of sending just one (which could easily carry all).

Is there any way to force this "stacking" behavior?

I'm curious as to how the taking multiple stacks works normally. I'm thinking that maybe, say you hit haul urgently 3 stacks of 10 potatoes each. I think maybe all 3 of the hauling jobs get assigned to 3 different pawns, before any one single pawn can get there to haul their stack, and pickup the extra nearby stacks before that job gets assigned to a different pawn.

ESKOR

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 06, 2018, 03:28:19 PM

The only thing I can think of is QOLTweaksPacks, but it is in the process of being updated at the moment and that feature isn't working properly. You would have to forbid that item anyway when you drop it into a stockpile of lesser importance, because otherwise it would always have a hauling job to the more important stockpile.

QOLTweaksPacks, yeah thanks, im looking for that. Im waiting for stable b18 mod version ok. THANKS!