[1.5] Allow Tool (3.13.0) - The Rimworld Multitool

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 01, 2016, 04:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwWraith

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 06, 2018, 05:27:51 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on January 06, 2018, 05:11:43 PM
Hello. I'm noticing something strange with the "Haul urgently". It rarely seems to consider the stacks of items as the normal "Haul" job does. What I mean is, considering 3 stacks of the same item near each other, "haul urgently" will make 3 pawns go after them, one after each stack, instead of sending just one (which could easily carry all).

Is there any way to force this "stacking" behavior?

I'm curious as to how the taking multiple stacks works normally. I'm thinking that maybe, say you hit haul urgently 3 stacks of 10 potatoes each. I think maybe all 3 of the hauling jobs get assigned to 3 different pawns, before any one single pawn can get there to haul their stack, and pickup the extra nearby stacks before that job gets assigned to a different pawn.
Afaik picking up (and reserving) nearby stacks fires after the pawn took the first stack. So when you use "haul urgently", most probably several pawns will want to haul and so will reserve one stack for each pawn. The same occurs with the common hauling, too, it's just not so visible. As a workaround I'd suggest to designate only 1 stack for hauling urgently, this way only 1 pawn will go for it and other stacks nearby will remain unreserved and available to be taken with the first.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Sarge

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 06, 2018, 02:11:19 PM
Quote from: Sarge on January 06, 2018, 09:37:13 AM
Thanks, it sounds great. I hope others have a need for it as much as I do.

Sometimes you don't realize how much you need something, until someone says something! Thinking about my last mountain base this would've been super helpful. Say we ran out of steel and I want to get it back very soon, but we just did a harvest and I need the perishables to come in first. This would be awesome for designating everything at once. I have a real problem, where I will say, "ok after the perishables come in, remember to haul urgently the steel!" and of course, I never, ever remember that stuff. My RimWorld games are just a constant list of finding more crap to do, forgetting half the list, and hopefully remembering to do it before it's too late!

This is exactly it and it happens constantly to me and it is also multiple things.

I want the steel in quick but it's just a few but then they need to grab the veggies I just harvested cause I'll be low on food by then, but by that time the seeds will be deteriorating and I can't risk losing that cause 'Seeds Please' and by that time I'll be low on wood and need some in my stockpile to fuel ovens etc.

It never ends.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: wwWraith on January 06, 2018, 06:45:31 PM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 06, 2018, 05:27:51 PM
Quote from: crusader2010 on January 06, 2018, 05:11:43 PM
Hello. I'm noticing something strange with the "Haul urgently". It rarely seems to consider the stacks of items as the normal "Haul" job does. What I mean is, considering 3 stacks of the same item near each other, "haul urgently" will make 3 pawns go after them, one after each stack, instead of sending just one (which could easily carry all).

Is there any way to force this "stacking" behavior?

I'm curious as to how the taking multiple stacks works normally. I'm thinking that maybe, say you hit haul urgently 3 stacks of 10 potatoes each. I think maybe all 3 of the hauling jobs get assigned to 3 different pawns, before any one single pawn can get there to haul their stack, and pickup the extra nearby stacks before that job gets assigned to a different pawn.
Afaik picking up (and reserving) nearby stacks fires after the pawn took the first stack. So when you use "haul urgently", most probably several pawns will want to haul and so will reserve one stack for each pawn. The same occurs with the common hauling, too, it's just not so visible. As a workaround I'd suggest to designate only 1 stack for hauling urgently, this way only 1 pawn will go for it and other stacks nearby will remain unreserved and available to be taken with the first.

Yes I was thinking about how I explained it poorly. Pretty much, say you've got 3x 10 stacks of potatoes on the other side of map, and your 3 pawns at your base. You then press haul urgently on the 3 stacks. Soon a pawn A will get done with their current job, then get the first haul urgently job, and start heading towards the other side of the map. Then, well before A can get to the first stack, pawn B finishes their current job, and gets assigned to haul the second stack, and starts heading there. Same thing happens with pawn C. So now you've got 3 pawns going from your base all the way across the map to get 3 stacks of 10 potatoes each, something 1 pawn could have easily done. The reason why pawn A doesn't grab the second or third stacks, is because pawns B and C are already on their way, they have claimed those jobs already, and they won't be overwrote unless you do it manually.

Tagdor8

Just started using the allow tool mod and when it started it said something about using the Ctrl button, but I cant work out what it does. Can anyone enlighten me?

Moderator's edit (Calahan) - Moved here from GD. Please can you post mod specific questions in the corresponding threads for those mods and not in General Discussion. Thanks.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Tagdor8 on January 10, 2018, 02:25:07 PM
Just started using the allow tool mod and when it started it said something about using the Ctrl button, but I cant work out what it does. Can anyone enlighten me?

Some of the tools have additional functionality when holding Ctrl or the other modifier keys. If you hover over the tool, you will get a description of what it does with and without the keys.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

docssy

AllowTool has "O" set as the multi select same type button, which conflicts with the default "Hunt" key assignment of "O"

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: docssy on January 21, 2018, 10:27:49 PM
AllowTool has "O" set as the multi select same type button, which conflicts with the default "Hunt" key assignment of "O"

Yep, I'm out of free keys though, so feel free to reassign it to your liking in the Keyboard configuration menu.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

BlackSmokeDMax

Hi, have a request for expanding on some tools.

Would be great if there were a tool that we could use to drag to harvest the plants/trees/etc. that are "Ready to Harvest", meaning fully grown.

Whether that is a separate button from the current crops and tree buttons or another selection of right clicking on the current buttons wouldn't really matter.

This would then give us the options of:
Standard dragging of "cut plants" that harvests everything no matter the maturity.
Standard dragging of "harvest plants" that harvests any plant that is mature enough to provide items from harvesting.
Standard dragging of "chop wood" that harvests any tree that is mature enough to provide wood from harvesting.
New dragging of "harvest plants" that *only* picks "ready to harvest" plants.
New dragging of "chop wood" that *only* picks "ready to harvest" trees.

*Plus your current "all plants" and "all home area plants" tools

Thanks for your consideration! And thanks for a mod that provides tools that are hard to play without these days!

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on January 31, 2018, 04:22:59 PM
Would be great if there were a tool that we could use to drag to harvest the plants/trees/etc. that are "Ready to Harvest", meaning fully grown.

I can't even remember, but if you drag the harvest tool over a group of crops, will it harvest all of them, regardless of their growth percent? If that's the case, then this would be a really great tool addition.

Say you've got a cold snap or something coming in, and you need to get what crops you can inside ASAP, but all of the plants are at different growth stages. This would be great to get your farmers to the fields to quickly get only the crops worth their time.

Speaking of growing/sowing issues, I wish there was a "sow all in this area" kind of tool. Say I want to select a pawn and then right click on a field to have him sow a plant. This will only do one plant at a time, and you will have to right click every single freaking cell, and then left click the sow now button. I just give up if I need to do this for a bigger zone. I know you could do some sort of zone and/or work order fumblings and changing arounds, but I don't like to mess with my work priorities much at all once I have them setup how I like them. This is because I will change too many things for a temporary situation, and then it is impossible for me to remember how I had things before, and I would end up spending wasted time trying to slowly fix my work priorities again. Thinking about it, that might be a fun idea for a mod, if you could save and load different work tab setups.

UnlimitedHugs

- snip -

So it would only harvest 100% grown plants? Seems reasonable.
No promises, but I'll keep it in mind.

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 31, 2018, 05:05:12 PM
Speaking of growing/sowing issues, I wish there was a "sow all in this area" kind of tool.

That would probably fall into the category of a generic "prioritize work here" tool. It's been requested a lot, and I have a general idea of how to make that happen. Lotsa work, though.
Maybe I'll get around to it someday.

kubolek01

I think that cancelling orders would have a "Cancel all of this category" mass order. I often make a wrong mass order, and I have to remove all of them, instead of only the type the mistake I made in.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on February 01, 2018, 02:08:16 AM
Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 31, 2018, 05:05:12 PM
Speaking of growing/sowing issues, I wish there was a "sow all in this area" kind of tool.

That would probably fall into the category of a generic "prioritize work here" tool. It's been requested a lot, and I have a general idea of how to make that happen. Lotsa work, though.
Maybe I'll get around to it someday.

Makes sense. I wasn't necessarily implying that I think you should make this an additional tool. Buuuut, I did think this might be this best place to post about this type of feature.. ::)

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: kubolek01 on February 01, 2018, 03:15:56 AM
I think that cancelling orders would have a "Cancel all of this category" mass order. I often make a wrong mass order, and I have to remove all of them, instead of only the type the mistake I made in.

That's a good idea. I guess something would need to be selected for it to work, though.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on February 01, 2018, 02:08:16 AM
- snip -

So it would only harvest 100% grown plants? Seems reasonable.
No promises, but I'll keep it in mind.

Thanks, appreciate you considering it!

kubolek01

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on February 01, 2018, 04:05:51 AM
Quote from: kubolek01 on February 01, 2018, 03:15:56 AM

That's a good idea. I guess something would need to be selected for it to work, though.
That's what I meant. So hope it will appear one day.
Eat lead, walking pile of silver! (greedy Player)
I...I can't do it. Leave it alive, please!(inner soul)
It lives 200 years to end up as a jacket?!(realists mind)
If I would go to vacation in off-Earth, even fictional place, I'd choose Nibel.