[1.5] Allow Tool (3.13.0) - The Rimworld Multitool

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 01, 2016, 04:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue9

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on February 01, 2018, 02:08:16 AM

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on January 31, 2018, 05:05:12 PM
Speaking of growing/sowing issues, I wish there was a "sow all in this area" kind of tool.

That would probably fall into the category of a generic "prioritize work here" tool. It's been requested a lot, and I have a general idea of how to make that happen. Lotsa work, though.
Maybe I'll get around to it someday.

Brainzz//Pardeike's "achtung!" mod has that feature alongisde others. Maybe you can check it out there!. It has the "harvest/sow this zone" also the "clean this zone".
leaving link just in case: https://github.com/pardeike/RimWorld-Achtung-Mod.

Love your mod btw. Allowtool is a must have, should be vanilla.
Cheers!

Harry_Dicks

I want to try out Achtung! but I've been hearing a lot of issues about how the new "autocombat" feature on it is causing a lot of lag issues for people. Even if they aren't using it, just pulling up a context menu with it on there has caused them problems.

Until then, it's not too big a deal for me. Thank you for info about it, though, as I did not know that feature was included! I did see the "clean this area" and I thought it was great. Maybe I overlooked the other part, or forgot - MOD OVERLOAD! ::)

Canute

I have a request for the next release.
The "finish off" work's on all downed pawn, but there exist a few mod they let the pawn down for a short time, and you could easiely kill them then.
I suggest to do a HP check, so you only can finish downed pawn with less then 50% HP.

wwWraith

Quote from: Canute on March 06, 2018, 04:43:16 AM
I suggest to do a HP check, so you only can finish downed pawn with less then 50% HP.

I don't think that the HP threshold has decent relation with determining if the player wants the pawn dead or alive.

1. I'd mostly keep alive pawns which I'd want to capture and recruit (with good stats or other factors) or release (if I want to improve relationships with their faction) or use as a source of blood for my vampires (those who won't escape easily) or harvest their organs/implants, etc. etc. Also considering my food/space/time resources.
2. If the pawn has low HP, I might prefer not to waste our time on finishing him/her as most probably (s)he will die soon anyway.
3. If (s)he has high HP, I might want to finish him/her because (s)he could represent a potentional danger.

So there are too many circumstances for trying to decide automatically.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Canute

Cult of Madness Sleeper totem
Rim of Magic , Grapple
all these things/abilities let pawn be downed without any damage even a thrumbo.
Then the "finish off" is a very strong thing to kill enemies pretty fast.
Sure it is pretty easy to cut the throat on a incap./unco. pawn, but i think just at some balancing.

Umbreon117

Quote from: Canute on March 06, 2018, 07:32:56 AM
Cult of Madness Sleeper totem
Rim of Magic , Grapple
all these things/abilities let pawn be downed without any damage even a thrumbo.
Then the "finish off" is a very strong thing to kill enemies pretty fast.
Sure it is pretty easy to cut the throat on a incap./unco. pawn, but i think just at some balancing.
If I recall correctly, you can set it to need a minimum melee skill.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Canute on March 06, 2018, 04:43:16 AM
I have a request for the next release.

I suppose I could add that as an option. I would need to verify that creatures always end up with less than 50% when downed under normal circumstances.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 3.4.0

Got some minor additions for you guys.

• "Cut blighted plants": Right-click the "Cut plants" tool to use. Marks all blighted plants for cutting.
  • "Cancel all of this type": when something with a designation is selected, cancels all instances of that designation on the map. Props to kubolek01 for he idea.
Also, a load order issue with What Is My Purpose should now be resolved, and the Rimworld Conflict Checker should no longer find issues between Allow Tool and Defensive Positions.

Peace.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Mehni

Tried to SetForbidden on non-Forbiddable Thing Megaspider39452
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.ForbidUtility:SetForbidden(Thing, Boolean, Boolean)
AllowTool.AllowToolUtility:ToggleForbiddenInCell(IntVec3, Map, Boolean)
AllowTool.Designator_Forbid:DesignateSingleCell(IntVec3)
AllowTool.Designator_SelectableThings:DesignateMultiCell(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.DesignatorManager:ProcessInputEvents()
RimWorld.MapInterface:HandleMapClicks()
RimWorld.UIRoot_Play:UIRootOnGUI()
Verse.Root:OnGUI()

Also happens with plants and stuff.

How to repro: use the (Un)Forbid Selection on cells containing multiple items, some of them which can't be set to be forbidden. Blueprints and plants, pawns walking over items, stuff like that.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 3.4.1

Thank you, Mehni :)
Should be fixed now.

Dignal

Hey I've been experiencing a certain bug, when Rim of Madness Vampires and Allow Tool are both enabled im unable to right click finish off things, it doesn't even show me the option any suggestions?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Dignal on May 07, 2018, 10:42:32 PM
Hey I've been experiencing a certain bug, when Rim of Madness Vampires and Allow Tool are both enabled im unable to right click finish off things, it doesn't even show me the option any suggestions?

Confirmed. I'll have to run some tests to pin down the cause- this one's a bit tricky.
Thanks for letting me know.

Canute

Must be based on the Vampire's, they can't even go on toilet or use wash bucket's from the hygiene mod.

UnlimitedHugs

@Dignal
I submitted a fix to Jec- once Vampires updates, you should be good to go.
By the way, well done on narrowing down the conflict to a single mod- not a trivial thing these days :)

Dignal

Thank you for the extremely fast answer, narrowing down was the least I could do.