[1.5] Allow Tool (3.13.0) - The Rimworld Multitool

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 01, 2016, 04:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludeon.kia

Having an issue with Allow Tool, right-clicking does nothing.  Still has the icon showing the option to right-click.  Right clicking else-where works just fine.  Any ideas?

https://git.io/fhA9p

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: ludeon.kia on March 02, 2019, 01:45:51 PM
Having an issue with Allow Tool, right-clicking does nothing.  Still has the icon showing the option to right-click.  Right clicking else-where works just fine.  Any ideas?
https://git.io/fhA9p

I'm fairly sure it's a conflict with "A RimWorld of Magic". I'll poke the author for a fix- in the meantime turning off the mod should fix things.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

ludeon.kia

Tried disabling (and unsubscribing) from "A RimWorld of Magic", plus a few other recent mods, to no avail.  Was hopeful since the magic mod was a recent addition, but disabling didn't help.  I guess it's about time I rebuild my mod list and see if I come across the conflict.  I'll update if I find it.

Lupin III

Would it be possible to add a "build urgently" command? Sometimes I want a certain thing built right now and micro managing pawns and forcing them to continue building a thing becomes quite tedious. I tried fluffy's priority area mod, but with that my pawns just started to idle after some time even when there was a lot of work to be done in non priority areas. Not to mention that having to set up an area (and delete it afterwards) just to build a single thing is a little bit annoying.

brucethemoose

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on February 25, 2019, 02:29:07 AM
Quote from: SineSwiper on February 22, 2019, 02:31:19 PM
Any chance of a compatibility patch for Zetrith's Multiplayer mod?  According to the Zetrith compatibility list here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jaDxV8F7bcz4E9zeIRmZGKuaX7d0kvWWq28aKckISaY/edit#gid=0
"Forbid, unforbid, select similar, haul urgently and finish off doesn't work."  Is that still true?

If someone wants to contribute a compatibility patch, I'd be down with that.
Otherwise I'll see if I can segment out some time to make one myself. It's probably not a trivial fix and will take some research. I wish Zetrith had some guidelines for making things compatible, but I guess we'll have to work with what's available.

Quote from: Lethe on February 23, 2019, 03:13:43 PM
No, it's not. :x Don't leave us~
Congrats on having unforbid tool make it to vanilla!

No rest for the wicked, eh? :D

There's an unofficial API now:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1681596707

In fact, the same user appears to have patched Allow Tool on GitHub: https://github.com/Pecius/RimworldAllowTool/commit/c5630ac5d8c503a9649d2758e6f42ac885c04dd4

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Lupin III on March 20, 2019, 10:41:20 AM
Would it be possible to add a "build urgently" command? Sometimes I want a certain thing built right now and micro managing pawns and forcing them to continue building a thing becomes quite tedious. I tried fluffy's priority area mod, but with that my pawns just started to idle after some time even when there was a lot of work to be done in non priority areas. Not to mention that having to set up an area (and delete it afterwards) just to build a single thing is a little bit annoying.

A general purpose "do urgently" command would be handy, but due to the way the job system works, it would come at a performance cost. Still, in theory, quite possible- but I won't be taking the challenge.

Quote from: brucethemoose on April 04, 2019, 09:56:40 PM
There's an unofficial API now:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1681596707
In fact, the same user appears to have patched Allow Tool on GitHub: https://github.com/Pecius/RimworldAllowTool/commit/c5630ac5d8c503a9649d2758e6f42ac885c04dd4

Yep, looks like it. I imagine the author will make a pull request once they are done, so the fixes should make their way into the official version eventually.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Lupin III

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on April 05, 2019, 05:20:06 AM
A general purpose "do urgently" command would be handy, but due to the way the job system works, it would come at a performance cost.
Even if it were just prioritizing the thing set for higher priority over other "normal" priority things of the same category (I'm pretty much only thinking about construction here)? It would already be helpful if someone assigned to constructing would just build the prioritzed object before they build anything else. So only if the normal work priorities got them to the point that they are looking for construction jobs, then they would rather pick the prioritized one than the one vanilla RW would give them.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Lupin III on April 05, 2019, 04:46:33 PM
Even if it were just prioritizing the thing set for higher priority over other "normal" priority things of the same category (I'm pretty much only thinking about construction here)? It would already be helpful if someone assigned to constructing would just build the prioritzed object before they build anything else. So only if the normal work priorities got them to the point that they are looking for construction jobs, then they would rather pick the prioritized one than the one vanilla RW would give them.

Oh, if it were limited to building jobs only, it would be fine. You would still need some tool to designate buildings you want to prioritize, though.

sumghai

For the next update, could you please modify the About.xml to replace the deprecated <targetVersion> tag with the new <supportedVersions> one?:

<supportedVersions>
    <li>1.0</li>
</supportedVersions>

This would help cut down on the yellow debug log messages at startup.

jj_mirradian

So just wanted to check, does the Drafted Hunt option no longer give you the ability to only hunt designated animals? I saw an earlier post which mentioned this feature being buggy, but wanted to try to get confirmation.

Currently using 3.6.1 Allow Tool on RimWorld 1.0.2282

rawrfisher

Hugs.  I ran into an issue where designating some silver with haul urgently caused my game to stutter so badly it nearly crashed.
Professional jerk
Want something broken let me know

ForeverZer0

Absolutely love this mod, can't play without it. Many of these features should be merged into vanilla.

I do have a feature request that I think might compliment this well: a "Cut Blighted Plants Urgently" command. The "cut all blighted plants" is a godsend, but the matter of having to temporary mess with everyone's job priorities just to actually get them to do it, and then go through and fix them all afterwards. This can be mitigated slightly with zones and forcing colonist into it, but is still a major headache.

Either way, thank you for sharing, the community greatly appreciates it.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 3.6.2

A compatibility fix for Save Our Ship 2, submitted by Kiame.

Thank you for the reports everyone- I mostly moved on to other things, but I'll see if I can look at some of these issues sometime soon.
Remember that the mod is open source, which means that anyone can submit a fix or release a modified version of their own.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 3.6.3

A roundup of tweaks and fixes, including the "Drafted hunt" inconsistent toggles and the targetVersion warning.

Quote from: rawrfisher on October 07, 2019, 06:51:32 PM
Hugs.  I ran into an issue where designating some silver with haul urgently caused my game to stutter so badly it nearly crashed.

Publish a log the next time it happens- you know the drill.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 3.7.0

Big and juicy update coming your way, folks.
Among the highlights are 2 new tools- "Harvest fully grown" and "Strip mine".

Harvest fully grown became a separate tool, so it should be much more powerful when working within a selection of items. Separate modes for crops or trees only are included.

Strip mine is a shamelessly "borrowed" feature from the original Vein miner mod by JuliaEllie. It draws a grid of mining orders to find hidden ores. Grid spacing and alignment can be customized in the complimentary popup window.

Compatibility with RIMMSqol has now been achieved, and the "disappearing tools" problem should now be solved. Even further, tool placement in the menus can now be customized by this or other mods.
Important: if you've been playing with RIMMSqol and your tools are now missing, go to Options > Mod Settings > QoL > Architect Buttons > press red X next to orders. After that you can customize your orders menu again.

A lot of the internals of the mod have changed in this update, so bugs are a possibility. Let me know how things work out for you. Enjoy.
P.S. Update is for Rimworld 1.0