[1.5] Allow Tool (3.13.0) - The Rimworld Multitool

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 01, 2016, 04:46:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

12345abcde

Seems like changing any of the mod setting now breaks modded gizmos (i.e More Planning, Quality Builder, that's just the ones I notice).
Also seems like the option to use AllowTool's forbid/unforbid icons doesn't save properly. I enable it, the gizmos above break, I restart the game and it's back to the old icons and gizmos working. Changing any other setting also breaks the gizmos though from what I can tell but other setting do save correctly.

I do not use RIMMSqol.

Correction: The icons' option is saving correctly after all, my mistake. The rest does apply, it also seems like if I enable the icons before I load a save it doesn't break Quality Builder (it does break More Planning) but changing any other setting in the mod mid-game breaks it until I restart again, disabling the icons brings back both mods fine (after a restart).

There doesn't seem to be any obvious issues with the mod though and I'd like to keep this version as well as the custom icons, is there any way (through xml editing or something) for me to change the icons without breaking the other mods?

EDIT: For some reason the Finish Off work is now gone too... I know it used to be there because on my save one of my pawns has it set to 1. The option to make Finish Off dependent on skill level is also gone, again, I know that used to be there because I turned it off and the config file shows it's off. My pawns can still finish off things, I just can't set the priority anymore.
Think I should just revert to an older version because clearly my other mods aren't liking this update.

Here's a log: https://gist.github.com/HugsLibRecordKeeper/f5251b79ffc8f63c043abe531daa42f4
The "Could not do PostLoadInit on RimWorld.Pawn_WorkSettings" error is from a Work Tab and Prepare Carefully incompatibility.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 3.7.1

Small update to fix a harmless error popup at game load when prisoners are present in the colony.

Quote from: 12345abcde on February 23, 2020, 07:29:08 AM
Seems like changing any of the mod setting now breaks modded gizmos (i.e More Planning, Quality Builder, that's just the ones I notice).

If by breaking you mean they disappear, then I think I know what's going on.
Since this update Allow Tool will refresh the architect categories when its mod settings change. The mods you mentioned probably add their tools when the saved game loads (like Allow Tool used to do).
I suppose I could do what RIMMSqol does, and add a "compatibility mode" setting to prevent category refreshes- then you would need to restart the game after changing any Allow Tool settings, though. Which you already do anyway to restore the tools from those other mods.
So, I'm thinking, just weather the issue for now. Other mods are certain to transition to the new approach regardless- the question is only, will they update their 1.0 version, or go straight for the 1.1 update.

The icons issue you mentioned falls into the same category- it just causes a full refresh of the categories, like the other settings.
As for the skill requirement setting, that one's only visible in dev mode to reflect its cheaty nature ;)
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

12345abcde

Indeed, stuff was fine if I skipped the menus and just loaded the save right after launching. Thanks.
Any idea why the Finish Off work is suddenly gone though? Would be pretty annoying to have to set it in the save file if I wanna use it properly lol.
I don't have anyone with a good melee skill but then again, when I started this colony that was also the case and I could set the Finish Off priority pretty sure.

EDIT: Upon closer inspection, I actually don't have anyone with 1 priority on Finish Off on my save, I guess I just saw wrong before and I simply never had the job showing in this colony. Reverting to an older version did bring back the job, I guess it could always be why Work Tab is throwing that error. Oh well, I can live with that I guess.

SpaceDorf

Thanks so very much. Played 1.1+DLC.
First thing I did after landing was pressing Home ... to no effect. Right Clicking Plants did not work.
It was aweful.
After an hour the game crashed to desktop.

Been there, done that, I paid my due.
The hour of unmodded Rimworld is over.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Traditionology

Yeah, I'm excited to play the new material but not without my allowtool. Not being impatient, just thankful for the work you put in to this <3

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 3.8.0

Rejoice, fellow mod lovers, for the 1.1 update is upon us!
I appreciate your patience, and hope you enjoy.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

BlackSmokeDMax

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 3.8.1

Hear ye, hear ye!
By decree of the Imperial High Stellarch, the following activities are now to be considered commoner work and below the dignity of nobles with the title of Count and above:
- Drafted hunting.
- Finishing off enemies.
- Urgent hauling.
Aristocrats may still finish off their enemies when the situation specifically calls for it.

SpaceDorf

First ... may the High Stellarch bless you, your work for the Empire is exceptional.

but I don't understand your reasoning ?

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on March 03, 2020, 08:24:43 AM
Updated to 3.8.1
the following activities are now to be considered commoner work
- Drafted hunting.
- Finishing off enemies.

Can nobles still do normal Hunting ?
because I always thought those were the most basic pasttimes of nobles.
Killing stuff for fun and killing people they don't like.

I can understand the reason behind "finishing off" allready dying enemies because this is real busywork getting rid of filthy peasants.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 3.8.2

Minor fix to restore 1.0 compatibility after the latest update.

Quote from: babgozd on March 03, 2020, 10:32:00 AM
Interesting. Would love to adjust mod settings like these in the future though.

Gotta protect your immersion at all costs- that fourth wall is as important as it is fragile :)

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 03, 2020, 01:07:02 PM
First ... may the High Stellarch bless you, your work for the Empire is exceptional.
but I don't understand your reasoning ? Can nobles still do normal Hunting ?
because I always thought those were the most basic pasttimes of nobles.

For the Emperor! Gotta farm those loyalty points so I can get an implant of my own.
About the hunting- apparently not. I was a bit surprised too, at first. Then again, it makes sense- going out alone into the wilderness, to then return with a filthy carcass on your back is hardly a noble pastime.
If it were on horseback, sipping wine from a golden goblet, and having animals herded in your general direction- now that is a whole different story.

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 3.8.3

After some consideration, I decided to re-enable drafted hunting for royalty. They still won't finish off or attack downed targets, so it's a good idea to have them be accompanied by commoners.
While I was at it, I also added a toggle that automatically unforbids drops during drafted hunting.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on March 03, 2020, 01:42:09 PM
About the hunting- apparently not. I was a bit surprised too, at first. Then again, it makes sense- going out alone into the wilderness, to then return with a filthy carcass on your back is hardly a noble pastime.
If it were on horseback, sipping wine from a golden goblet, and having animals herded in your general direction- now that is a whole different story.

Thats sound reasoning.
So GiddyUp, RunAndGun and RimCuisine it is ( or any other advanced alcohol mod )

Now for my hunters to to herd those animals ...
Look at that. The whole herd choose to come after you.

Happy hunting you noble scoundrel ...

UnlimitedHugs

NameJeff112

im getting an issue with this mod where its just not showing up and not working at all and even sometimes breaks my game

Canute

NameJeff112,
some more useful information would be helpful.
After you loaded your safegame press CTRL-F12 or use the green "Share log" button at the log window.

But when you got error's (red text) at the logwindow after your started rimworld, you should solve these first.