FundRaiser to get Pawny 'Mick' Pawnface into the game

Started by shaw357, July 27, 2016, 01:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaw357

gofundme.com/2g562qwk

Hello Rimworld Community,

I really want to have Pawny 'Mick' Pawnface put into the game, as tribute to our good friend, BoatyMcBoatface, who may have her name changed by the UK government because they're stubborn old people. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-36225652

I am asking the Rimworld Community for $50 so I may input Pawny 'Mick' Pawnface into the game, via the Steam "Name in Game Pack".

Please let us come together as a community and honor our good friend BoatyMcBoatface.

milon

Please note that Pawny 'Mick' Pawnface doesn't follow the Creative Rewards guidelines:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=356.0

Unless Tynan explicitly permits an exception for this, it won't get in.  Neither would BotyMcBoatface.

shaw357

Well, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope that the team finds it in their hearts to honor our friend BoatyMcBoatface. Or if not, I'll leave the name add to majority vote via the community.

Mikhail Reign

Why don't you buy it? I mean... It's your thing....

Also I think 100% get why they didn't name it that. It's an arctic research ship. It goes to dangerous places. Imagine if it went down. "RSS BoatyMcBoatface goes down. Family's mourn" "McBoatface death toll rises. Search and Rescuse efforts cease." "Confirmed all hands lost in McBoatface disaster. Government launches investigation into why we let twelvies name a billion dollar vessel."

shaw357

Quote from: Mikhail Reign on July 28, 2016, 09:46:40 AM

Also I think 100% get why they didn't name it that. It's an arctic research ship. It goes to dangerous places. Imagine if it went down. "RSS BoatyMcBoatface goes down. Family's mourn" "McBoatface death toll rises. Search and Rescuse efforts cease." "Confirmed all hands lost in McBoatface disaster. Government launches investigation into why we let twelvies name a billion dollar vessel."

That's whats so funny about it tho

BattleFalcon

From the Creative Rewards Guidelines: "Make your content interesting, but do not grasp for attention"

Do you really think that Pawny "Mick" Pawnface is not attention grabbing?

Also from the Creative Rewards Guidelines: "Would the name fit in as a crew member on the TV show Firefly?"

I don't think someone with the first name "Pawny" would really fit in.
Look for Cassandra "Cassie" Ryan ingame! That's me!

Kagemusha12

Quote from: BattleFalcon on July 28, 2016, 04:00:53 PM
From the Creative Rewards Guidelines: "Make your content interesting, but do not grasp for attention"

Do you really think that Pawny "Mick" Pawnface is not attention grabbing?

Also from the Creative Rewards Guidelines: "Would the name fit in as a crew member on the TV show Firefly?"

I don't think someone with the first name "Pawny" would really fit in.

Would Boaty Mc Boatface fit better?

Crowbar Felt

I, personally, think the whole boaty thing is dumb. It isn't really funny or interesting. It has turned into another overused meme and its just bad. Whats after Pawny? Doge 'Mc' Wow? If you really wanna name them that, buy it yourself or edit your save/ Use PC.
Someone's organ harvested.  x5

Mikhail Reign

Quote from: shaw357 on July 28, 2016, 11:14:20 AM
Quote from: Mikhail Reign on July 28, 2016, 09:46:40 AM

That's whats so funny about it tho

Yup. Bet the family's of the people wouldn't think it was funny. I bet investors wouldn't think I was funny. Hell I don think it's funny. I mean I don't think it's funny - what's funny about it? Heaps of people voted for a dumb name, and rightfully so, they chose not to use it. I think the Brexit vote proved that people from the UK pretty much shouldn't be aloud to vote for stuff unless we stuff them in a room for 6 months and painstakingly explain the consequences of the vote over and vote.