Modding message--"You really like playing with fire"

Started by hector212121, July 18, 2016, 02:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

I got this weird message when loading up about 15 mods.

"You really like playing with fire. You should stop while you're ahead."

...Kiiiiinda creepy, especially since before 14b I loaded these mods with no problem.

falconbunker

It's a glitch in the matrix! RUN! (no but seriously I have no idea what caused that, I didn't get it when i loaded a lot more than that)

Kashipoi

I think you get that when you load more mods before restarting the game. The message is for a good cause, make sure your first setup doesn't explode the game first!

ToXeye

I also got this. It really felt weird since there was no explanation to the message. Reminds me of an old error message that someone I knew came into contact with... "You don't exist, go away"... sounds legit..?
Features everywhere!
e_  O:
/|   /|\

skullywag

CCL asks you if you want to restart the game after messing with mods for a VERY GOOD reason, due to the way mods are loaded, sometimes its necessary to reload the game to make them work correctly.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: skullywag on July 28, 2016, 02:19:35 PM
CCL asks you if you want to restart the game after messing with mods for a VERY GOOD reason, due to the way mods are loaded, sometimes its necessary to reload the game to make them work correctly.

I still reload the whole game every time I go into the mods menu. Is this no longer a necessary step?

stigma

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 28, 2016, 03:14:16 PM

I still reload the whole game every time I go into the mods menu. Is this no longer a necessary step?

With the core community mod thing installed it will automatically tell/ask you to restart anytime you change the mods. If you allow it to do so then it does it for you.

Without it then you get no such message - and you will have to do so manually.

-Stigma

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: stigma on July 28, 2016, 04:59:36 PM
Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on July 28, 2016, 03:14:16 PM

With the core community mod thing installed it will automatically tell/ask you to restart anytime you change the mods. If you allow it to do so then it does it for you.

Without it then you get no such message - and you will have to do so manually.

-Stigma

Right. But I'm not talking about changing anything. Used to be, if you even entered the mods menu it was recommended that you restart. I'm wondering if that is still the case?