Prevent global debuff for organ harvest?

Started by Shabazza, January 06, 2016, 11:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reviire

While I get the balancing part of it, does it really makes sense? How does the entire colony find out that you harvested some guys organs? I'd prefer it to be one of those things I sweep under the rug, keep the colony in blissful ignorance.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Regret

Quote from: Lys on January 14, 2016, 12:59:52 PM
Quote from: Regret on January 14, 2016, 01:16:29 AMWhat happens if you release a captured colonist? does he get banished or does he returns to your colony?
Pretty sure they will just return to your colony as normal, as that is what happens if you arrest berserking colonists.
Damn, no way to banish peeps then. There goes my plan to get rid of abrasive bastards the nice way.
Quote from: Reviire on January 15, 2016, 11:56:43 AM
While I get the balancing part of it, does it really makes sense? How does the entire colony find out that you harvested some guys organs? I'd prefer it to be one of those things I sweep under the rug, keep the colony in blissful ignorance.
Short answer: Gossip.
Longer answer: 'Holy crap you won't believe what dr. Bob just did to that prisoner!'

Reviire

Quote from: Regret on January 15, 2016, 04:37:56 PM
Quote from: Lys on January 14, 2016, 12:59:52 PM
Quote from: Regret on January 14, 2016, 01:16:29 AMWhat happens if you release a captured colonist? does he get banished or does he returns to your colony?
Pretty sure they will just return to your colony as normal, as that is what happens if you arrest berserking colonists.
Damn, no way to banish peeps then. There goes my plan to get rid of abrasive bastards the nice way.
Quote from: Reviire on January 15, 2016, 11:56:43 AM
Short answer: Gossip.
Longer answer: 'Holy crap you won't believe what dr. Bob just did to that prisoner!'
Well yea but, can't it be the dark underbelly of the colony, the things we do so it survives, but no one ever knows.
The CIA of Rimworld.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Grynnreaper

i was lucky enough to get 2 weddings within a day of eachother, so immediately after the second wedding i butchered like 22 corpses i had in the freezer.

cultist

Quote from: Shabazza on January 06, 2016, 02:16:30 PM
I'd like to have a positive buff after implanting a limb or organ successfully...

I think there should be a positive social modifier for succesfully operating. Pawns take a -15 social hit with the doctor if they botch the operation. So a +5 or +10 modifier for "installed my new lung" or whatever seems fair.

Quote from: Grynnreaper on May 05, 2016, 07:44:50 PM
i was lucky enough to get 2 weddings within a day of eachother, so immediately after the second wedding i butchered like 22 corpses i had in the freezer.

"Wow, this is the best honeymoon ever... say, this steak tastes kinda funny. Oh well!"

asanbr

Quote from: Shabazza on January 06, 2016, 02:16:30 PM
Hm. OK.
I guess it doesn't help that it's for the "greater good", ha? XD
I'd like to have a positive buff after implanting a limb or organ successfully...

So in this case I'll have to feed my "donators" a bit longer to not annoy my colonists too much at a time.

No, this is one of the big uses of crypto caskets. Harvest organ -> get debuff -> starve prisoner to 87% (they get close to death and you can carry them to a casket without actually hurting them) -> wait until debuff wears off -> take prisoner out again -> feed them back to health -> repeat.

It takes some work, but saves food and beds and production time.

edit: sorry, re-read the thread and saw that I already said this 6 months ago.