Sudden death

Started by Shabazza, January 07, 2016, 07:07:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shabazza

It was my second super-cold colonies.
I had 4 colonists (Ben, Pat, Karina and Holiday) and a prisoner and had great problems with growing food.
I had enough energy to keep my colony a couple of degrees over 0 °C most of the time, but not enough to keep it > 10 °C all the time to get my rice growing fast.
So my people were starving and therefore were all in a bad mood.
First, my prisoner died from an untreated infected wound, because I had already run out of medicine before.
I managed to get the rice to almost mature in some hydroponics basins. So I thought I'd be able to get my people through just in time.
Then the real trouble started:
Before my next chunk of rice was nearly mature, Ben had a mental breakdown and went bersek.
First he bruised Pat with a knife in his room while he was sleeping. Pat was already in a bad condition. So he directly died from the attack.
Then Ben attacked Holiday who was not quick enough to escape through the back door.
He was lying there with lethal injuries while Ben was searching for Karina.
Karina was outside (-68 °C) at that time and I diddn't know what to do.
She could not survive long outside with her current clothes, but inside, Ben was raging.
He catched up to her and punched her unconscious eventually, leaving her lying on the ground for dying in the cold.
Ben himself suffered from an untreated infection.
Before he recovered from his mental breakdown, he died from his infection.
Shortly after, the unconscious Holiday died from bleeding out and eventually I had to watch Karina also die outside in the cold.
Everyone was dead.

- The End -

Boy, was I shocked after this, because it happend so quickly.
I was sure I would manage to get my people fed in time.
My next colony was in a mild temperature environment to regain some trust in myself.

BTW: "Adams" on the picture is a pawn which spawned after I hit the "Continue play" button.
I just didn't want to believe this colony was doomed. So I wanted to play on. But I eventually quit because I had really bad feelings with this colony.

Dodging Rain

Summary: Rock Mood falls, everyone dies.

A Friend

Ah, I remember when I gave my volatile colonist a long sword... fun times.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"