[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

6yXJI0

1) Spending mostly silver to make explosives doesn't sound logical to me. Maybe keep small amount of silver in recipes and add chemfuel or something? Or make full use of Sparkweed, cause its already risky to grow just for low tier explosives. And instead of Medicines - Neutroamine/drugs?

2) Oh! Nice idea about drugs! Add a canister that can be stuffed with any specific kind of drug. For example:
1. You want to take Penoxycyline every 5 days and instead of taking pills, you can make a chamber with Penoxycyline canister and get all of your pawns inside to for them to take their dose.
2. You make a party with Smokeleaf canister chamber.
3. You are outnumbered and have no choice but to use a Luciferium on every colonist. You make the same thing as in (1. and 2.) but with Luciferium Canister

Sorry if this is too coplicated to make. Im not into coding, so i don't understand)

3) Foam walls have no black outlines. Kinda ugly. Even for -10 beauty XD

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: 6yXJI0 on April 30, 2018, 05:04:35 AM
1) Spending mostly silver to make explosives doesn't sound logical to me. Maybe keep small amount of silver in recipes and add chemfuel or something? Or make full use of Sparkweed, cause its already risky to grow just for low tier explosives. And instead of Medicines - Neutroamine/drugs?

2) Oh! Nice idea about drugs! Add a canister that can be stuffed with any specific kind of drug. For example:
1. You want to take Penoxycyline every 5 days and instead of taking pills, you can make a chamber with Penoxycyline canister and get all of your pawns inside to for them to take their dose.
2. You make a party with Smokeleaf canister chamber.
3. You are outnumbered and have no choice but to use a Luciferium on every colonist. You make the same thing as in (1. and 2.) but with Luciferium Canister

Sorry if this is too coplicated to make. Im not into coding, so i don't understand)

3) Foam walls have no black outlines. Kinda ugly. Even for -10 beauty XD

1) Those ingredients would make more sense, but would also be less accessible. I feel the explosives already strike a pretty good balance at this point.
2) Good gas-related ideas. When I get around to working on those I'll keep that in mind.
3) Looks like an oversight on my part. I'll make a note for the next update.

I appreciate the feedback :)
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.0.0
At long last, it is time, folks :)
Not only is the B19 update here, but I have done extensive work on the mod, which shall henceforth be known as Remote Tech.
Without further ado, let's get down to the new additions:

- Added advanced channels system
With a bit of research and a detonator upgrade, you can now get access to a whopping 8 channels. This also gives you the ability to see a list of all charges on a given channel and select them with a single click.
- Added radio mast
Much requested and highly anticipated, this thing allows to extend the range of your detonators. Multiple radio masts will form a wireless network, as long as they remain powered. The network will even work with the portable detonator.
- Added portable power unit
A solar panel combined with a battery, in a travel-sized package. Perfect for camping trips and powering outposts on large maps.
- Added proximity sensor
A versatile detection tool. Controls a circular area and notifies you when it detects movement. Can optionally act as an automated detonator. Upgrading it with an AI core allows it to filter its targets and is totally not a crazy idea.
- Added universal upgrade system
I'm quite proud of this one. With some work and materials, many things can be upgraded to improve their stats and unlock advanced functionality. If you're into XML modding, you can put these on almost anything- say, make a turret armor upgrade or make a pair of pants that burn twice as hot when upgraded with some chemfuel. See? Useful!
- Added secret mental break
Oh, you'll see. Credit to Flypaste for the idea.
- Added Place button on item-form charges
Convenient access to the Build tool when selecting a charge in its item form- no need to dig though the menu.
- Added sparkpowder-based crafting recipe variants
This should make sparkpowder significantly more useful, as it can now replace silver in some of the crafting recipes.
- Added instant detonation on manned detonators
If one of your colonists mans a detonator, the detonate button on it will trigger as soon as you press it.
- Added channels to portable detonator
With an upgrade, the portable detonator now also has access to channels, albeit only the 3 basic ones.
- Added base components for damaging gasses
Damaging gasses have been the #1 requested thing for a while now. I decided not to add any myself, but I have provided the components that will allow an add-on mod to add them- no code required. You will want to use a RemoteTech.GasCloud_DamageDealer thingClass and look at this for the properties. Message me if you need more info.
- Tweaks and fixes
Lots of minor stuff here, including compatibility improvements- the mod should no longer conflict with any other. I also added ModSync support, so you can be notified of future updates.

Note that this version is not compatible with Remote Explosives saves from B18 due to significant internal changes.

There you go- the mod has now officially reached DLC-level proportions ;D
Try it out and let me know what you think- this update has been a lot of work, so I hope you like it. If you find something broken, do let me know. Steam update tomorrow, if all is well.
Hugs out.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Madman666

Daaaaayum, Hugs!? This is so awesome! So much stuff for b19. This is gonna be amazing. Thanks a lot!

viperwasp

•  Lian Li Lancool II MESH RGB
•  Intel Core i7-12700K Alder Lake 12-Core
•  64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3600Mhz
•  WD Black SN850 2TB GEN4
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS
•  RTX 4080 GIGABYTE Gaming OC 16GB
•  Dark Rock Pro 4 (CPU Cooler)
•  TUF Gaming Z690-Plus- WIFI D4

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.1.0

1.0 Update is now live.
I also fixed the issue of bugs not being affected by sleeping gas. Turns out, they are immune to toxicity, or so they thought.
Anyway, have a good one.

viperwasp

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 19, 2018, 07:16:57 AM
Updated to 2.1.0

1.0 Update is now live.
I also fixed the issue of bugs not being affected by sleeping gas. Turns out, they are immune to toxicity, or so they thought.
Anyway, have a good one.

Thanks I have always loved this mod.
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

viperwasp

Some errors... Could be related to other mods. These errors did not show up right away. I was using the sensors for long time without them.

Exception ticking rxProximitySensor942213 (at (13, 0, 128)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RemoteTech.Building_ProximitySensor.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.Game:<LoadGame>m__4()
Verse.LongEventHandler:ExecuteToExecuteWhenFinished()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent()
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I kept getting this error every second or tick etc. Until I deconstructed one specific sensor. So it seems one of the four sensors was giving this error. Recently a visitor pawn from Hospitality was killed near the sensor however behind a wall so I don't think the sensor was or should have had anything to do with it.  I also tried changing all the settings on the motion sensor and reinstall it. Still got same issue. However building a new one works fine.

Thanks even if this is Remote Tech I can replace the odd sensor if it does not happen to often. And the rest of the stuff in the mod seem like I have not no errors from it at all. I'm just reporting this encase it helps.

Error Log
https://git.io/fxFJS
Couple other errors in the log that I think also have to do with the same problem. When I click on the problem sensor I got a few different errors.
•  2x WD Black 8TB
•  Windows 10 OS

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: viperwasp on October 30, 2018, 05:22:58 PM
Some errors... Could be related to other mods. These errors did not show up right away. I was using the sensors for long time without them.

Thank you for the detailed report, I'll see if I can track this down.

zozilin

Thank you for the mod, I just love having more explosives as an answer to all problems.
That said, I have a little problem with the mod - every time I use sleeping gas on a hostile faction, once they are downed, I get -20 to relationship for every pawn. And there is no limit it seems as I now have a -1100 to relations with a tribe.
I am not sure if this is a relations mod I have that uncaps the limit or is it vanilla, but I really would love to have an option not to get a relations hit for using sleeping gas. It does not make sense that blowing them up is better than puttng to sleep.
I've attached a screenshot from a quick test. Only tribes get a hit, pirates stay at -100.

[attachment deleted due to age]

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: zozilin on November 09, 2018, 02:28:44 PM
Thank you for the mod, I just love having more explosives as an answer to all problems.
That said, I have a little problem with the mod - every time I use sleeping gas on a hostile faction, once they are downed, I get -20 to relationship for every pawn. And there is no limit it seems as I now have a -1100 to relations with a tribe.

Very much intended- mostly to prevent cheesing traders out of their goods, then restoring relations by releasing them. The extended cap also prevents relations from bottoming out when gassing large groups- otherwise you could actually get net positive relations after releasing the lot of them :P

Madman666

If that feature is an anti-cheese measure against abusing traders, could you include a check for relations with a faction? Because really a hostile faction, that comes with intention of eating your face off can't really expect better treatment, than a sleep gas. I understand something like a neutral or allied faction getting furious due to gassing their representatives, even if they're released later. But it shouldn't really affect already 100% hostile factions, that can't send any traders and only raiders. Otherwise whats the point in a non-lethal takedown measure if it can't help mend relations with say a rough outlanders, but only uber-stacks hatred even more than harvesting and selling captives as slaves does? I hope you can consider including such a check.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Madman666 on November 11, 2018, 12:53:03 PM
If that feature is an anti-cheese measure against abusing traders, could you include a check for relations with a faction? Because really a hostile faction, that comes with intention of eating your face off can't really expect better treatment, than a sleep gas. I understand something like a neutral or allied faction getting furious due to gassing their representatives, even if they're released later. But it shouldn't really affect already 100% hostile factions, that can't send any traders and only raiders. Otherwise whats the point in a non-lethal takedown measure if it can't help mend relations with say a rough outlanders, but only uber-stacks hatred even more than harvesting and selling captives as slaves does? I hope you can consider including such a check.

Seems reasonable. What if, however, after being moved by your display of forgiveness, they send you a friendly delegation and you proceed to gas those guys? :D

zozilin

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on November 12, 2018, 07:42:35 AM

Seems reasonable. What if, however, after being moved by your display of forgiveness, they send you a friendly delegation and you proceed to gas those guys? :D

I think if they are not hostile anymore, you should get hit with -20 as usual. But really, I don't see myself cheesing this much and even if I would - it's a singleplayer game. What about including no opinion hit as an option that you have to activate in mod settings? The way I see it.

Non-hostile: -20 as was before
Hostiles and pirates: no change or capped at -100.

Madman666

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on November 12, 2018, 07:42:35 AM

Well gassing any kind of friendlies is a really dick move (as any hostile action vs a guest delegation, unless someone got a pyro mental break or something, where you just forced to wreck the dude). To a point that if you made it -40 per person, not -20 - i won't say anything. So you gas enough guys - good luck ever being friendly with that faction again.

I however see where you going - so you gas an enemy raid, send it home, they become friendly, send a trader - and you stab them in the back by gassing and robbing them, then you gas next their raid or two to get neutral again, since while hostile their relations don't go rapidly down from gassing. Maybe you could add some background ticking cooldown check, so if you gas a non-hostile faction after gassing them as hostile (or just a cooldown on any gassing, regardless of relations) it multiplies the penalty by x2 from -20 to -40 if its within some fairly lengthy period of time. If thats feasibly to code.

That way you can mend relations by releasing a group of people you put to sleep to show you're friendly, but if you try to backstab - you ll be super hated for eternity.