[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JT

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on December 02, 2018, 05:37:30 AM
Quote from: Madman666 on November 28, 2018, 11:52:00 AM
Detonation wires still flag doors to be deconstructed when blueprints are placed. Can't something be done about that?

I think there is some hardcoded stuff there that I'd have to work around. So- maybe, but I'd rather add some new features.

Missed this one earlier, but the fix is easy. =)

<Defs>
<ThingDef ParentName="rxBuildingBase" Name="rxDetWireBase" Abstract="True">
+++ <clearBuildingArea>false</clearBuildingArea>

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Canute on December 02, 2018, 05:49:06 AM
Maybe some remode/wifi switches like from Power Logic.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=27768.0

Shhh, no spoilers! :D

Quote from: JT link=topic=17285.msg447733#msg447733
Missed this one earlier, but the fix is easy. =)
code]<Defs>
   <ThingDef ParentName="rxBuildingBase" Name="rxDetWireBase" Abstract="True">
+++      <clearBuildingArea>false</clearBuildingArea>[/code]

Very nice! Can't beat a one-line fix.
Much appreciated.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Madman666

I am a bit ashamed, i didn't do that myself. Nice fix.

vovik

im going to integrate Fishing, Ore processing, Explosives mod,Garden tools and terraforming
So, what im going to do:
1. allow use of tnt for fisihing, mining at mining nodes. Feature.
2. use fertilizer, crushed coal (made from coal), and spawkweed to make tnt charges - coal, nitrogen and sulfur somthing is used to make powder(i dont remember actual ingridient names, tho sparkweed seems to generate something like sulfur and product is high-reactive). Recipe change.
3. add stations that allow terraforming ground in 3x3 area around them(require fertilizer to make garen and fertile soil; lots of work and fertilizer to terraform marshsy type of soil, mud, gravel, sand; cannot terraform stone - its a bit unrealistic, also there are planter boxes and hydroponics for that, also one cannot simply place soil on a rock and grow something there - it does not work that way). Because metagamng that counts for terrain cost and cost of terrain that counts in amount of work and ingridients. Balance change.
4. fishing node will allow for bill giving - its annoying that i cannot control how much fish i catch and when to stop, also will solve "carry fish after catch" as recipes have that option with more customization + integration with recipe changing mods. Major annoyance removal.
5. will turn most fish meat types into simple fish meat - its really annoying to have lots of different fish meat lying around taking space and since lobsters, crayfishes and snail can be used raw into food production and take time and effort for butchering these yielding less products - this is better option. Minor annoyance removal.
6. add fish`n`chips recipe - its annoying to butcher lots of little fishes that pile up and give not much of yield, just cook it with potatoes instead. Major annoyance removal.
7. will remove most terraforming recipes for terrain - really, developers made it that terran that has price is counted in raid generation, will stop that and use custom terrain transformation via code instead! Major annoyance removal. Game disbalance removal.
8. will remove most upgrades - game is simple as it is and bringing more complexity with home-brewn mechanics that work mostly in your mod is a bit strange. I understand that this is more realistic but its like a paid dlc, wanna get full version? pay! - how about full version from the start? Major annoyance removal.
9. will remove pile of dirt and lots of other things like different fish meat - its just a resource that again gets into home-brewn mechanic - vanilla pots dont need dirt, assuming that time that pawn goes around to take some dirt or sand for crafting is accounted into crafting time - its a simplification that game allows for. Minor annoyance removal.
10. will give all things and minified buildings their respective place in stockpile tree, if not done already

This is what i am going to do, i post this to ask for your opinion, permission i will do it anyway and open for suggestions.

Sorry for any inconviniences while reading.
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: vovik on January 05, 2019, 09:16:29 AM
- snip -

Sure thing. Do feel free to use any part of the mod in your own work, since it comes with a shiny MIT license :)
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 2.1.2

A minor update to fix a couple of outstanding issues.
Most notably, placing det wire will no longer deconstruct buildings and visitors will no longer catch the mental break added by the mod. Also, the portable detonator was moved to the accessory slot to free up the belt slot.

Madman666

Remote Tech adds a mental break?? Wow, didn't even know about that! Also i am real glad about no deconstruction from wires. Thats really good news. Thanks for your time, Hugs.

Pelador

Requesting permission to make use of the gas mask graphics and definitions (redefined) for use in an alternative mod I'm developing?

(Full credit will be recognised for this use).

vovik

Sorry, that it took me so long - i got really distracted (job&university, same time).
here is a link to latest stable build(+source) of remotetech by my hand (it`s somewhat balanced, i dont have much time to play)
Actual build is in "Remotetech-master/Mods/Remote Tech"
List of changes:

• Added powder, needs sparkpowder+fertilizer+crushed coal, frertilizer is made by cremating corpses, foods, coal is made from wood.
  • Added added recipes for fertilizer, component, neutroamine.
  • Added plastic explosive charge.
  • Changed grenades - now one-time use but significantly more destructive, cost less stuff to make, crafted in a pack of 2-3, faster to use. Assault grenades now arm after aproximately 0.3 secons and detonate on touch, Defence grendes have very wide area of explotion but smaller damage.
  • Added a bunch of new grenades - extuingush grenade, smoke grenade.
  • Changed recipes of stationary bombs. Also BUFFED standart explosive bomb.
  • Mining component can be used like grenade, short range, not accurate, insane damage per grenade (around 2x grenade).
  • All vanilla IEDs cost only 1 shell to make
  • Moved grenades, shells explosive stuff, remote tech stuff recipes to explosives bench to free up machining table.
  • Proximity sensor now no longer acts like a sonar - it is stationary and configurable, also uses less power.
  • Added timed switch that reacts to detonation signals on wire or wireless (according to configuration). Also removed upgrade using ai core - its planned to be a separate building that can directly control linked facilities by interfacing with player.
  • Foam walls can be repaired.
  • Removed all upgrades, now they are built-in.
  • Cut down reasearch tree to be as small as possible.
  • Sleeping gas is more potent.
  • More incapitating stuff - alongside sleeping gas - neuroparalytic and neurotoxin - can be manufactured at explosives bench or chem lab, all need research, all three require neutroamine. Neuroparalytic incapitates and eventually kills non-properly augmented living targets if victim is exposed to its influence long enough, has got very long recovery. Neurotoxin kills any living target within 4-12 hours (actually i wanted to make it kill in 1 hour but balance, yada yada), can be tended, target survives if tended on time and with sufficient quality.
  • Added new respective mortar shells, bombs, grenades and IEDs for availiable combat gasses, have fun incapitating stuff, people.

What is planned:

• Add c4 charges that can be tactically placed and detonated from safe distance. Or used as short-range powerful grenade.
  • Add control panel that allows pawns to remotely control stuff - ranging from stasis pods, switches and doors to turrets and explosives. Pawn operator will be required to achieve instant results.
  • Add precision artillery that is much more accurate compared to mortar and can lob shells over significant distances to aid your pawns in combat on another map and/or destroy outposts or bases remotely without need of risking people. Also add artillery-related raids and events.
  • Add AI core contol building that can connect to most eletric buildings and control panels to assume full instanteneous direct control of settlement.
Mein Herz brennt

Sonsalt

Amazing work man, looking forward to the new features too :)

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: vovik on March 20, 2019, 03:29:25 PM
here is a link to latest stable build(+source) of remotetech by my hand

You may want to start your own topic for this, especially if you plan to make further additions.
Also, it might be more appropriate if this were distributed as an add-on mod to Remote Tech (requiring it as a dependency). Otherwise it might look like you're hijacking the mod ;)

vovik

I cant make remote tech as dependency because i rewriten lots of stuff from there and plan to rewrite even more :/
im just an ordinary rimworld player that makes things more handy, kinda more logical, closing some loopholes, etc.. and then handing results to original owner of mod
Mein Herz brennt

Riddle78

Loving your mod. The mod easily redefines colony defence. However,I do have an issue. The Refined Sleeping Gas Bombs are... A little meh. My current colony used a gas hut to knock out human attackers for the purpose of recruitment,and even with four bombs,attackers still had more than enough time to breach the far door and escape,before getting knocked out. The entire structure's made of granite,doors and all. Also,gas seems to treat deep water as a wall; Can I assume that this is an engine limitation? One of my prototype designs involved a sapper-proofed gas hut that used deep water on both sides of the wall,courtesy of Fertile Fields,with Advanced Bridges used to throw down wall-supporting bridges to seal the attackers in.