[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin1837

SO created an account because i love the concept of this mod to make it easier to add to my population. Anyway I can not seem to make the foam sealer work. I tried a single on in a hallway and boom but no foam. I even tried it in the wide open and still nothing? Any ideas what im doing worng?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Martin1837 on October 03, 2016, 02:27:17 PM
SO created an account because i love the concept of this mod to make it easier to add to my population. Anyway I can not seem to make the foam sealer work. I tried a single on in a hallway and boom but no foam. I even tried it in the wide open and still nothing? Any ideas what im doing worng?

Welcome!
Not sure why the foam isn't not working, it sure does work on my end. Are any errors popping up?
If you still can't get it to work, send me your save and modlist, I'll take a look.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Martin1837

Got it working now Just needed to restart the world a few times.

skullywag

You have no base apparel abstract set within this mod, see:

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=19499.0

people will be getting duplicate thingcategory errors among other things until this is fixed, simply copy the core ApparelBase def to your mod to fix, this should be done for all abstracts, your mod should be self contained and not depend on core for abstracts.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: skullywag on October 04, 2016, 09:04:33 AM
people will be getting duplicate thingcategory errors among other things until this is fixed, simply copy the core ApparelBase def to your mod to fix, this should be done for all abstracts, your mod should be self contained and not depend on core for abstracts.

So bossy :P
But hey, that's good info, thanks.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

skullywag

Sorry wasnt being bossy, being succinct. Debugging a monster modpack of someones whos having lots of issues so im in the zone. My normally personable way of posting seemed to take a backseat here. Apologies. You do good work. Im a douche. There. :P
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.9.3

Fixed the defs, I think that's all of them.
Also, no worries :)

CreamyCanals

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 04, 2016, 10:33:39 AM
Updated to 1.9.3

Fixed the defs, I think that's all of them.
Also, no worries :)

I was the one who pointed it out to him so I hope it didn't cause too much trouble. I appreciate the fix though and enjoy the mod, so your effort wasn't in vein? :P

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: CreamyCanals on October 04, 2016, 10:44:44 AM
I was the one who pointed it out to him so I hope it didn't cause too much trouble. I appreciate the fix though and enjoy the mod, so your effort wasn't in vein? :P

It's all good, it was an easy fix. If you need anything else, let me know :)

Litcube

I use this mod.  It's great.

An explosive that would remove overhead mountain roofs would be really sweet.

Dante King

Okay, I'm having serious trouble making a big amount of sparkweed, any tips? Since when you walk on it it sets itself on fire

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Litcube on October 04, 2016, 04:02:46 PM
I use this mod.  It's great.
An explosive that would remove overhead mountain roofs would be really sweet.

I'll consider it.

Quote from: Dante King on October 05, 2016, 09:09:42 PM
Okay, I'm having serious trouble making a big amount of sparkweed, any tips? Since when you walk on it it sets itself on fire

Sparkweed is challenging to grow. It's important to keep colonists and animals away.
Figuring out an approach that works is half the fun- but if you're not into that, here's a few spoilers: Github wiki

Dingo

Does the gas mask render you immune/less susceptible to toxic fallout? Looking at the defs briefly it looks like it doesn't, that would be a cool addition to make this mod even more invaluable.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Dingo on October 06, 2016, 06:02:00 PM
Does the gas mask render you immune/less susceptible to toxic fallout? Looking at the defs briefly it looks like it doesn't, that would be a cool addition to make this mod even more invaluable.

Seems reasonable, and looks like the game even has a stat for that exact purpose.
I'll see if I can throw that into the next update.

Dingo

You're missing the MoteBase abstract base, I do believe. It's in Defs\Effects\Mote_Visual.xml