[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lc-soz

Other idea I forgot to put in my previous reply is an exhaust for the sleeping gas, anything to take the sleeping gas faster from a closed room.

I REALLY like when a man hunting or a raid come with +100 members and all of them drop in a room with 10 sleeping gas cans but is boring to wait so long for the gas to get out. Even though in end game I just burn them all alive using Furnace mod from Glitter Tech, in early game I rescue many raiders for more colonists.

Vincent

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: lc-soz on October 28, 2016, 08:02:38 AM
Other idea I forgot to put in my previous reply is an exhaust for the sleeping gas, anything to take the sleeping gas faster from a closed room.

Yeah, that is a good idea- there is a bunch of other features I have thought of to make playing with gasses more fun.
Ideally, gasses would be split off into a separate mod with RemoteEx integration- though that is a whole lotta work that I'm not feeling right now.
Adding a single vent would be kind of off-topic, I feel, but we'll see how things go in the future.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

lc-soz

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 28, 2016, 08:28:46 AM

Adding a single vent would be kind of off-topic, I feel, but we'll see how things go in the future.

Would it be simpler to make the vanilla vent speed up the process? Just like what happen with temperature.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: lc-soz on October 28, 2016, 04:05:14 PM
Would it be simpler to make the vanilla vent speed up the process? Just like what happen with temperature.

Far as I know, the vanilla vent only equalizes temperatures, rather than pushing heat.
How would you "speed up" the process, though? The expansion rate of the gas would still be the same, even if there were a vent to move it from one room to another.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

lc-soz

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 28, 2016, 04:40:21 PM
How would you "speed up" the process, though? The expansion rate of the gas would still be the same, even if there were a vent to move it from one room to another.

It could be faster than gas disimpassion on an entire closed room, that's what I'm saying. Just like if there was nothing between outside and the inside (or 80% of the normal flow, something alike) , because what I imagine is that the vent is "open" and let airflow through rooms, so gas would pass too.

One idea would be a normal vent that allow 70% airflow and a powered one with 200% airflow.

Minnigin

faltonico

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 28, 2016, 04:38:13 AM
I'd appreciate it if you could send me the save. Who knows, maybe there is something I can fix on my end.

There you have it:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/5xezhi
Mod pack is this:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/r6aot2
Mod order with images here (yes, i'm lazy -_-'):
https://www.sendspace.com/filegroup/Gy97AnXnBi71n1h0%2Bs3YoCqx%2FibEMob3

Some stuff to be aware of though:
- That is not exactly the same mod list i had when i bumped into that crash, but the new mods are compatible, and i still got the same crash now that i test it again.
- Cancel the blueprints of the walls that i placed outside the room's door, the tests subjects would try to get out once they notice they are trapped muahaha.
- You might want to forbid the doors, so cattle don't wander in, if they get in, the crash happens anyway but i hate it when they do that >_<
- Ignore the red warning at the start, that is "Dermal Regenerator" i couldn't remove it once i found out it was broken.

I hope it helps!

Edit: Colony manager and redist heat are in the mod pack but they were not enabled.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Minnigin on October 28, 2016, 05:56:11 PM
just wanna say thanks for this mod, I really like it

Thank you for playing :)

Quote from: faltonico on October 28, 2016, 06:09:41 PM
- massive modlist -

Good god, man. Enabling all those mods in order nearly took me out ;D
The good news is I managed to identify a flaw in my code that could be causing a leak. It is, in fact, related to the sleeping gas, so I recommend not using that until I can release a fix.
Also, you in particular will be delighted to know that I'm cracking down on all that trader gassing you've been doing :D
Thank you for taking the time to post this.

faltonico

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on October 28, 2016, 07:13:28 PM

Quote from: faltonico on October 28, 2016, 06:09:41 PM
- massive modlist -

Good god, man. Enabling all those mods in order nearly took me out ;D
The good news is I managed to identify a flaw in my code that could be causing a leak. It is, in fact, related to the sleeping gas, so I recommend not using that until I can release a fix.
Also, you in particular will be delighted to know that I'm cracking down on all that trader gassing you've been doing :D
Thank you for taking the time to post this.

Jajaja! Thanks for taking care of that! ^^
And by the way, i have not been doing trader gassing... i was just testing the theory  ::)

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.10.0

Update time! :D
At long last, the shaped charge joins the battle against the unchallenged oppression of the overhead mountain roof!
Along with that, the gas mask now gives toxic fallout resistance, traders can no longer be gassed with impunity, and a few other improvements.
Finally, the nasty gas memory leak has now been fixed. I was only able to nail it down thanks to your reports, so thank you for that. Gas rendering has also been optimized, which should keep your frames from tanking when you decide to gas the whole map :)
Hope you enjoy.

asquirrel

Just downloaded the mod because it looks very useful.  Thinking gas grenades might be a good way to incapacitate my minion when it goes BS crazy  due to unhappiness.  Better than clubbing the minion to death. :P 

The other thing is blowing the roof off a mountain.  Nothing worse than digging for stone or deconstructing an existing building only to have the roof fall on your minion.

If I used this to blow up an existing structure will it demolish the granite blocks that were already made, and similar structural items?

I hadn't check to see what this stuff is built with.  I'd think with explosives you'd want to make it not built with metal to make it realistic.  Thinking maybe cloth or cotton, some type of crushed rock and a chemical from the drug lab. Whatever would be closest from available map assets.   Thanks for the mod! :)
I like the word minion. Better than lemming or pawn, IMO. 

Some other thoughts:  How about making stuff like claymores?  Make it directional so the explosive and pellets go out in one direction.  That way the minion can stay close but still detonate it safely. 

Other idea would be a tripwire explosive.  It would still be an explosive directed out only on one side of an arc.  Or just have it blow out like a regular explosive but with a tripwire for the enemy to trip over.

Would you be able to create sleeping gas grenades?   It would be good to take out angry minions without harming them.  It would still only be effective in closed spaces because of the gas dissipating in open spaces.

Or . . . how about a tazer or cattle prod to subdue either enemies or minions with less than lethal means?  Hunter S. Thompson would be proud if you made that.

Does your sleeping gas work against an army of manhunting animals if it's activated indoors? Will your demo charges work against them?  Man hunting packs are evil and I'd like a way to deal with them without putting all my minions at risk.  Actually, someone would have to stand outside and press the shiny red button I guess.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: asquirrel on October 30, 2016, 03:46:23 PM
1. If I used this to blow up an existing structure will it demolish the granite blocks that were already made, and similar structural items?
2. The other thing is blowing the roof off a mountain.
3. Other idea would be a tripwire explosive.
4. Would you be able to create sleeping gas grenades?
5. Or . . . how about a tazer or cattle prod to subdue either enemies or minions with less than lethal means?
6. Does your sleeping gas work against an army of manhunting animals if it's activated indoors?

Took me a while to sort through all that :)
1) Explosives aren't very effective against structures- but that's a vanilla thing. Far as I know, you loose a good chunk of original materials by destroying buildings.
2) We might have something like that 'round here.
3) The vanilla IED's are the closest thing for that right now.
4) Grenades- maybe someday, not anytime soon.
5) Not adding that, although I remember seeing a mod with stun-themed weapons on the forum.
6) Yep, animals are also affected. Won't work on mechanoids, though.

Litcube

"NEW The shaped charge finally brings an end to the tyranny of the overhead mountain roof, allowing it to be blasted off."

Dude.

UnlimitedHugs