[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.10.2

Quote from: Fu_Yang on November 17, 2016, 10:12:41 AM
Sorry,I put off some time because I found some bug yesterday.now I have corrected it.This is the language file that translated.
I don't want to use the translating machine any more...It's unreliable...
I'm looking forward your update! :D Thank you!

Files look good and the update is live.
Thank you for the contribution :)
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

lllMWNlll

I'm going to cry...

This is too beautifull... And FUN!

INCREDIBLE MOD!

Wishmaster

Isn't it a bit too OP you can one shoot an entire plasteel vein or a non vanilla very tough ore with fracturing explosives?
I think it should just deal a certain amount of damage to ore in a radius.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Wishmaster on November 20, 2016, 09:56:04 AM
Isn't it a bit too OP you can one shoot an entire plasteel vein or a non vanilla very tough ore with fracturing explosives?
I think it should just deal a certain amount of damage to ore in a radius.

That's a valid idea, balance-wise. I'll see if I can throw that into the next update.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

mazacik

Would you mind adding a proximity detonator? Something along the lines of: when a pawn moves into a room, blow up all attached/nearby explosives.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: mazacik on November 25, 2016, 02:26:58 AM
Would you mind adding a proximity detonator? Something along the lines of: when a pawn moves into a room, blow up all attached/nearby explosives.

Not quite sold on that one, since it would remove the interactive element. Planning for automation can be fun, but we don't want raids to become boring affairs.
I feel the vanilla IED with its limited range fills the auto-triggered niche pretty well, especially with the added auto-replace mechanic.

mazacik

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on November 25, 2016, 07:34:27 AM
Quote from: mazacik on November 25, 2016, 02:26:58 AM

Not quite sold on that one, since it would remove the interactive element. Planning for automation can be fun, but we don't want raids to become boring affairs.
I feel the vanilla IED with its limited range fills the auto-triggered niche pretty well, especially with the added auto-replace mechanic.

I wanted to use it specifically as a countermeasure to prison breaks, since there is literally no way to deal with them right now, except shooting the escaping prisoners until they get downed/die. A sensor would detect an escaping prisoner, sealed foam blocks the exit and sleeping gas calms the wannabe houdinis down a little.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: mazacik on November 25, 2016, 12:06:47 PM
I wanted to use it specifically as a countermeasure to prison breaks, since there is literally no way to deal with them right now, except shooting the escaping prisoners until they get downed/die. A sensor would detect an escaping prisoner, sealed foam blocks the exit and sleeping gas calms the wannabe houdinis down a little.

Hey, that's pretty clever. Of course, you could just make a manual detonator and put those things on a separate circuit.
I'll keep the detector idea in mind- perhaps I'll come up with something interesting and balanced eventually.

ChaosChronicler

Really loving this mod right now. Got me out of a bad situation with a poison ship part that landed right next to my colony (well what I designated as the beach head since it had all my defences right next to it). Downed two centapides with two chrages and a lot of pistol fire. Sucked it destroyed my sandbag bunker  :P

mazacik

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on November 25, 2016, 12:27:06 PM
Hey, that's pretty clever. Of course, you could just make a manual detonator and put those things on a separate circuit.
I'll keep the detector idea in mind- perhaps I'll come up with something interesting and balanced eventually.

I'm afraid using a manual detonator would be too slow, because a colonist would have to walk up to it and use it - the prisoners would be long gone, since they can walk through doors during a prison break (I think I'm going to make a mod that disables this...), and generally focus on running away as fast as possible.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: mazacik on November 25, 2016, 02:37:28 PM
I'm afraid using a manual detonator would be too slow, because a colonist would have to walk up to it and use it - the prisoners would be long gone, since they can walk through doors during a prison break (I think I'm going to make a mod that disables this...), and generally focus on running away as fast as possible.

A corridor filled with chunks would slow 'em down if it were the only entryway to the prison area. Food could be self-served nutrient paste.
But I do get your point.

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on November 25, 2016, 02:36:35 PM
Really loving this mod right now. Got me out of a bad situation with a poison ship part that landed right next to my colony (well what I designated as the beach head since it had all my defences right next to it). Downed two centapides with two chrages and a lot of pistol fire. Sucked it destroyed my sandbag bunker  :P

Try the EMP charges- nothing like punching down a shipful of stunned mechanoids. Not cheap, but definitely effective.

ChaosChronicler

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on November 25, 2016, 03:02:21 PM
Try the EMP charges- nothing like punching down a shipful of stunned mechanoids. Not cheap, but definitely effective.

Didn't have any on hand. But no one died and the sandbag bunker was a easy to fix.

Commander Blackwatch

Please add some Chemical or toxic Canister i want my enemies suffer and die
just like anthrax toxic but can be avoid just wearing gas mask but it won't lasted longer
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

"When we hunt, we kill!
No one is safe!
Nothing is sacred!
We are Blackwatch!
We are the last line of defense!
We will burn our own to hold the red line,
it is the last line to ever hold!"
―The Blackwatch

Smexy_Vampire

UnlimitedHugs