[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teslatrooper

faltonico

@teslatrooper
I guess he is busy with hugslib... it is a big mod after all, and many other modders now depend on it working as intended.

asquirrel

I'm patiently waiting for an A16 release.  This is one of my "must have" mods. :)

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.11.0

Well, that was quite the update, but everything came together in the end.
Here are some of the most notable changes:
- Due to internal changes, the HugsLib library must now be installed along with this mod for it to work.
- Mining explosives are now more balanced and won't flat out obliterate every resource in range. When mining stone they still work the same, though.
- Foam walls are now significantly easier to mine, but retain their high hitpoints.

The research items have been placed on the far right side of the research screen.
Hope you have a great time :)
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

asquirrel

faltonico

Why not to "obliterate"?, obliterate is good!
Thanks for the update ^^

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: faltonico on December 27, 2016, 11:15:48 PM
Why not to "obliterate"?, obliterate is good!

That video has z-levels, so it's clearly not applicable :)
Obliteration is nice, but when you're able to crush an entire vein of plasteel with one charge, that's just cheathax material right there. We want things to feel fair, and add new ways to do things, without tipping the existing balance.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Dexitus

Hi, just a quick question and maybe a suggestion. :D Is there something like that gas bomb, but killing everything instead? My idea is that I dont like dealing with infestations using standart methods, so instead i thought about de-infestation using gas. Hives spawn, I plant bomb, lock doors to that section of my base and trigger it. Than just wait outside for a day or two until it is clear.

faltonico

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on December 28, 2016, 12:04:28 AM

"...That video has z-levels, so it's clearly not applicable :) ..."
Mountains are Up aren't they? so they would count as Z xD

Quote from: Dexitus on December 28, 2016, 10:38:04 AM
Hi, just a quick question and maybe a suggestion. :D Is there something like that gas bomb, but killing everything instead? My idea is that I dont like dealing with infestations using standart methods, so instead i thought about de-infestation using gas. Hives spawn, I plant bomb, lock doors to that section of my base and trigger it. Than just wait outside for a day or two until it is clear.
Very clever! it would be something like the sleeping gas canister, actually, do they work on bugs?, i have never tested them like that.

^ I bet that would be hard to implement xD

Dexitus

Tested it on bugs and its working. But I still like the idea of anti-bug gas that kills them outright and destroys hives :D Toxic to pawns too, so you would have to evacuate.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: faltonico on December 28, 2016, 12:44:42 PM
- snip -

I lol'd at that fumigation tent :D

Quote from: Dexitus on December 28, 2016, 10:38:04 AM
Hi, just a quick question and maybe a suggestion. :D Is there something like that gas bomb, but killing everything instead?

Something with that just doesn't sit right with me. Gassing things to death is pretty sad.
I've been thinking about moving the idea of gasses out to a new mod, and the bug spray would be a good fit for that. Maybe it would make them lethargic, or have them go nuts and attack other bugs.

asquirrel

I like the gas idea, as long as the gas is toxic to anyone staying in the cloud and the cloud is visible. Or a flamethrower which will light the bugs on fire like in Aliens.  They can run around in circles and burn until they die. :)

Nialkier

I installed lots of mods, but only this mod prevents world generation. I love this mod a lot, but I can't understand why does it conflicting with another mods. Is there any way to figure this out? Sorry for bad English.

Dexitus

To be honest what I want is bug-killing gas. It could give humans toxicity like toxic fallout, but kill bugs outright :D I dont want to use it on pawns, if I want to be cruel there are many other methods in unmodded too ;)

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Nialkier on December 29, 2016, 07:01:35 AM
I installed lots of mods, but only this mod prevents world generation. I love this mod a lot, but I can't understand why does it conflicting with another mods. Is there any way to figure this out? Sorry for bad English.

You could send me the logs- press Ctrl+F12 after you experience the problem and post the link it gives you. If the error is so bad that the log uploader doesn't work, you could send me your output_log.txt file.