[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vandalier

Hi mr. UnlimitedHugs. Could you add poisonus gas dispenser with remote controll? I'd like to make my own mini holocaust. Thanks in advance.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Vandalier on December 29, 2016, 08:34:42 AM
Hi mr. UnlimitedHugs. Could you add poisonus gas dispenser with remote controll? I'd like to make my own mini holocaust. Thanks in advance.

Hello and welcome to the forums :)
Sorry, no poisonous gas for me- I mentioned why a few posts back.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

UnlimitedHugs

Updated to 1.11.1

I resolved an issue that caused an error during world generation when Rimarsenal+Federation is also present.
I'd like to thank Nialkier for taking the time to help me pinpoint the conflict.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

nbielinski

Just wanted to say I love the mod. Having a large prison is hard till you learn to foam up the hallway in whenever folks get uppity and have sleeping gas canisters ready to take down rioters.

Regardless, I have one small issue in that remote incendiary and explosive charges aren't showing up on the bill list for the explosives workshop. Anyone else having the problem or is it just me and my rather copious amount of mods?

Edit: I'm a total moron, you have to research the IED's as a prerequisite for making both of them. My bad.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: nbielinski on January 02, 2017, 07:28:20 PM
Just wanted to say I love the mod.

I'm happy to hear that. Good job on your rioter management system :)

megatech2795

Hi I've run into an issue. Every time I try to arm a remote explosive it my colonists goes to arm it and doesn't then this message pops up in the debug log. Any idea how I can fix this? Thanks in advance.
Debug message- JobDriver threw exception in initAction. Pawn=Sven, Job=JobDef_SwitchRemoteExplosive A=Thing_TrapRemoteBomb120946, Exception: System.NullReferenceException:

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: megatech2795 on January 12, 2017, 11:45:11 PM
Hi I've run into an issue. Every time I try to arm a remote explosive it my colonists goes to arm it and doesn't then this message pops up in the debug log.

Hey.
Could you send me the link to your full log after the error happens? You can get it by pressing Ctrl+F12.

megatech2795

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on January 13, 2017, 05:12:21 PM
Quote from: megatech2795 on January 12, 2017, 11:45:11 PM
Hi I've run into an issue. Every time I try to arm a remote explosive it my colonists goes to arm it and doesn't then this message pops up in the debug log.

Hey.
Could you send me the link to your full log after the error happens? You can get it by pressing Ctrl+F12.
Ok I deleted and then restored it from my recycle bin reinstalled it to rimworld. It works just fine now so if anyone has a similar issue all I did was deactivate the mod delete from my rimworld folder restart my PC and then right click and restore from the recycle bin. Activate it in rimworld and it should work. Also note I was updating my hugslib from 2.3.2 to the new 2.3.3 at the time so maybe that had something to do with it idk. But for anyone with that issue this is what I did.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: megatech2795 on January 13, 2017, 05:43:12 PM
It works just fine now so if anyone has a similar issue all I did was deactivate the mod delete from my rimworld folder restart my PC and then right click and restore from the recycle bin.

If anyone does have a similar issue, please send me your logs as I mentioned earlier, so that I may fix the cause of the problem.

DDC1234

Any chance of increasing range on shaped charges or maybe with research greater shape charges ? also got an error seems if u blow 20 at the same time got a ticking error ?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: DDC1234 on January 22, 2017, 09:35:52 AM
Any chance of increasing range on shaped charges or maybe with research greater shape charges ? also got an error seems if u blow 20 at the same time got a ticking error ?

Probably not- they can already be chained together, so it's simpler to just use multiples at the same time.
As for the error, if it happens again, press Ctrl+F12 and post the link- I'll take a look.

faltonico

hi there!
I got spammed to oblivion with this error after blowing up an overhead mountain with several shaped charges:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.Explosion.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ExplosionManager.MapComponentTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()[/url]

Lem Wright

Would there be any chance of something like an acid vapour or poison gas?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: faltonico on January 23, 2017, 04:58:52 AM
I got spammed to oblivion with this error after blowing up an overhead mountain with several shaped charges:

Thanks for the info, I'll look into it.

Quote from: Lem Wright on January 23, 2017, 06:47:30 AM
Would there be any chance of something like an acid vapour or poison gas?

Harmful gasses are a popular request, but it's not something I would feel comfortable adding. Do feel free to make an add-on mod, though.

Madman666

A little question for you @UnlimitedHugs, if you have the time. Can your code for gas bomb be hooked up for a non-lethal gun or one-use item without delving into dll cracking? I do know how to use xmls, but I am zero at c# I am guessing your dll part adds new hediff class:
<hediffClass>RemoteExplosives.Hediff_NonLethal</hediffClass> which bypasses death\down check in RW and can be potentially used to create a ranged weapon that inflicts it instead of gas, right?