[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: LiteEmUp on July 25, 2017, 06:33:05 AM
how compatible is this with the gas traps mod by distman?? or any mod conflicts out there??

Should be fully compatible, since distman's gasses work quite a bit differently.
Also, no other conflicting mods that I'm aware of.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Shieldris

Prison break ? Pfffttt...*hit the button to release sleeping gas*

Oblitus

So, we have an explosive to remove the mountain roofs. All we need now is explosive to create them!

BTW, I like the idea of sealing foam, but hate how bad it looks when you use it to fill empty spaces. Why can't it blend in with other tiles, like walls do?

Jimbob_

Quote from: Oblitus on July 30, 2017, 08:50:54 AM

BTW, I like the idea of sealing foam, but hate how bad it looks when you use it to fill empty spaces. Why can't it blend in with other tiles, like walls do?

Could not agree more, the blending of the foam to the walls would be a great QoL thing!

UnlimitedHugs

So, we have an explosive to remove the mountain roofs. All we need now is explosive to create them!

Not sure why you would want one- aside from mortar and pod protection, and maybe a bug farm. Also, I'm not entirely clear on the logistics of how exactly an explosive creates a mountain roof :D

Quote from: Jimbob_ on July 30, 2017, 12:24:58 PM
Could not agree more, the blending of the foam to the walls would be a great QoL thing!

Go figure, I went the extra mile to make it not connect to other walls. Problem is, you end up with sharp edges that don't look great either. Still, I can give it another look- could be just a matter of taste.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

SpaceDorf

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on July 31, 2017, 12:56:10 PM

Not sure why you would want one- aside from mortar and pod protection, and maybe a bug farm. Also, I'm not entirely clear on the logistics of how exactly an explosive creates a mountain roof :D

well first you need to create a pumpstack to the magma layer, or a caldera,
then you create a magma shotgun with minecarts and embrasures.
in lack of real explosives you have to trap a burning megabeast or clown in a hole,
then you pump water into the hole .. just enough so it evaporates to steam and mist,
then you shout magma into the mist which hopefully creates obsidian blocks that stack onto each
other until they create a mountan roof ..

of course there are easier ways .. but you asked for explosives :)

Oblitus

Not sure why you would want one- aside from mortar and pod protection, and maybe a bug farm.
That's already three reasons! Mountain roof vs. constructed roof is "suddenly, pirates on your base, everywhere" vs. "suddenly, bugs on your base, everywhere". Both aren't good, but I'll prefer bugs. Also, psychic ship landing right on your head is not a good thing too.

Also, I'm not entirely clear on the logistics of how exactly an explosive creates a mountain roof :D
Well, can be something like this:
— Dig a hole.
— Pack it with sealing foam.
— Detonate foam.
— It pushes stone up.
???
— Profit!

tonsrd

does the foam put out fires ? ( firefoam popper but bigger ? )

@unlimitedhugs can you update this mod to 17 - firefoam morters the modmaker hasn't updated it since 15 ( and ur a good mod maker tho umight be busy )
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=23545.0

SpaceDorf

explosives clear out fire just as well as foam ..
except for the collateral damage ..

I am actually wondering where the fire extinguisher and fire foam grenades disappeared ..

the firefoam popper may actually be the most useless object in rimworld.

Oblitus

Quote from: tonsrd on August 06, 2017, 04:49:32 AM

@unlimitedhugs can you update this mod to 17 - firefoam morters the modmaker hasn't updated it since 15 ( and ur a good mod maker tho umight be busy )
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=23545.0
Sealing foam? Fire? Well... Kinda...

There is another firefoam mortar mod, though I'm not sure if you can find it outside of Steam
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=884312231

> the firefoam popper may actually be the most useless object in rimworld.

Not exactly. It can be reasonable to have them on your growing fields, if they are large.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: Oblitus on August 06, 2017, 05:01:16 AM

Not exactly. It can be reasonable to have them on your growing fields, if they are large.

I guess I have just to many pawns around .. My main reason I dislike the firefoam popper is that it did not work, as I expected it to work .. from the basic description I assumed that the popper engages when it detects fire in its range .. I mean that is what range shows on every other item .. not when fire touches the popper or a pawn starts it manually.
So either I let half the room burn down, send a pawn on a suicide mission to turn the damn thing on .. or just place the damn thing every three tiles ..

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: tonsrd on August 06, 2017, 04:49:32 AM

The foam is actually extra flammable, so that plan might, uh, backfire :D
As for the other mod- why not ask the author? Perhaps he has dropped it due to apparent lack of interest.

A gas with fire extinguishing properties would be cool to have, though.

Questops

Not a gamebreaking issue but I wanted to point out that after using a portable detonator my pawns will drop it and upon saving I get this error in the log.

I assume they drop the detonator because the ID or something attached to it changes because the amount of uses lowers, it's no hassle at all to force them to pick it back up again but I was wondering if I maybe accidentally have two instances of the apparel ID for the portable detonator being read?

QuoteSaving Thing with already-used ID Apparel_PortableDetonator533031
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.Map:ExposeData()
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(Map&, Boolean, String, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(List`1&, Boolean, String, LookMode, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Collections:Look(List`1&, String, LookMode, Object[])
Verse.Game:ExposeData()
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(Game&, Boolean, String, Object[])
Verse.Scribe_Deep:Look(Game&, String, Object[])
Verse.GameDataSaveLoader:<SaveGame>m__90E()
Verse.SafeSaver:DoSave(String, String, Action)
Verse.SafeSaver:Save(String, String, Action)
Verse.GameDataSaveLoader:SaveGame(String)
RimWorld.Autosaver:DoAutosave()
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Questops on November 23, 2017, 01:29:29 PM
Not a gamebreaking issue but I wanted to point out that after using a portable detonator my pawns will drop it and upon saving I get this error in the log.
I assume they drop the detonator because the ID or something attached to it changes because the amount of uses lowers, it's no hassle at all to force them to pick it back up again but I was wondering if I maybe accidentally have two instances of the apparel ID for the portable detonator being read?

That's quite interesting. No idea where the duplicate comes from- I'll have to investigate that. The number of uses are saved within the item itself, so there would have to be another cause.
Thank you for letting me know.