[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Mister Hugs, this is an amazing update. I think I can say without a doubt that you make some of the most professional, 100% complete mods. Everything is so nice in them. Your art is really fantastic too and fits in great with RimWorld, an aesthetic that's perfect for me. Thanks for all of your hard work, it is really appreciated.

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on February 05, 2018, 01:31:33 AM

• Added the gas vent. I "borrowed" this one from my Gas Works project- who knows when that will be done, so you may as well enjoy it in the meantime.
  • Added the refined sleeping gas. With a bit of research and the proper ingredients you can manufacture even sweeter dreams for your guests.
  • Added the detonator wire crossing. Allows crossing two wires without transmitting a signal between them. Handy for complex setups.

I am also most interested about these last three things I've highlighted. Do you think you could maaaaaaybe give us a little hint or two about "Gas Works project" that has me so excited, it sounds freaking AWESOME! ;D

EDIT: Will the gases from the mod GasTrap work with your new vent?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 05, 2018, 01:56:19 AM
Mister Hugs, this is an amazing update. I think I can say without a doubt that you make some of the most professional, 100% complete mods. Everything is so nice in them. Your art is really fantastic too and fits in great with RimWorld, an aesthetic that's perfect for me. Thanks for all of your hard work, it is really appreciated.
I am also most interested about these last three things I've highlighted. Do you think you could maaaaaaybe give us a little hint or two about "Gas Works project" that has me so excited, it sounds freaking AWESOME! ;D

Thank you for the kind words :) Modding is kind of a "labor of love" type of thing for me, so working on it is never hard.
Gas Works expands on the idea of the sleeping gas- so, tools to produce and distribute gasses that do various useful things. With the way gasses propagate, there is a lot of interesting gameplay that can be explored here.

EDIT: I think Gas Trap uses the vanilla gasses that can't really be moved or concentrated. My gasses (heh) take a more realistic approach, so the two are not readily compatible.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Harry_Dicks

Man this sounds so awesome. I wonder if you could have a pressure system for your gasses as well. I had been thinking about how not many mods at all have any cleanliness items. Pretty much the sterile floor, can't think of much else. Anyway, I was thinking about how hospitals how positive pressure systems for their rooms. In my fantasy scenario for my RimWorld colony, I could have an air/gasses/pressure system that I could build through the whole colony. In addition to central heating and air conditioning, also worry about ventilation, carbon monoxide poisoning, and all kinds of other fun stuff that could pop up through new events related to these systems. Maybe a rat crawled into some intake unit, and is contaminating the system, and everyone is more susceptible to disease. Or the person getting open heart surgery is more likely to get sick/fail the surgery afterwards. Another one could be a gas leak, and then you've suddenly got flames that shot through all the vents in a wing of your base, which is now on fire. Perfect solution? A firefoam sprinkler system that you have to maintain! How do you clean up this firefoam mess now? A central vacuum system! Pawns would still need to come to the room to clean it, but it could happen faster.

Maybe I just want more systems... ::)

Also, have you checked out dubwise's MarsX? He deals with multiple gasses that you have to take care of on yours mars colony, maybe not how your approach works, though. All of his mods are really top notch, too, and I recommend everyone check them out.

Madman666

This is an amazing update to an amazing mod. Thank you for your hard work!

Madman666

Placing detonator wire over doors still designates doors for deconstruction though... As well as manual detonators. Could you fix that or is that intended?

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Madman666 on February 07, 2018, 05:18:43 PM
Placing detonator wire over doors still designates doors for deconstruction though... As well as manual detonators. Could you fix that or is that intended?

Looks like it. Thank you, I'll see if I can add that to the next patch.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Harry_Dicks

I'm having an issue with how my foam walls looks. I had this issue before with cupro's glowstone veins, but I think he fixed it in a patch. Notice how the walls are a smooth edge, with no contours or dimples? Also, I got this effect from playing around with the meteorite incident from the dev tools (I haven't actually gotten around to building anything from the mod yet :(). Is it possible that you could randomly get the foam as a meteorite? ;D

Madman666

One more weird thing is that foam can drop in meteorite events, which is rather funny.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Madman666 on February 08, 2018, 07:40:23 PM
One more weird thing is that foam can drop in meteorite events, which is rather funny.

That's what I meant by this:

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 08, 2018, 06:16:53 PM
Is it possible that you could randomly get the foam as a meteorite? ;D

Madman666

I doubled that because it isn't a question if its possible. Its a question if it should be there, because it is :P

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Harry_Dicks on February 08, 2018, 06:16:53 PM
I'm having an issue with how my foam walls looks. I had this issue before with cupro's glowstone veins, but I think he fixed it in a patch. Notice how the walls are a smooth edge, with no contours or dimples? Also, I got this effect from playing around with the meteorite incident from the dev tools (I haven't actually gotten around to building anything from the mod yet :(). Is it possible that you could randomly get the foam as a meteorite? ;D

Might be a rendering issue, since the texture does come with an outline. I'll check.
As for the meteorite drop- that used to be a bug, now it's a feature :D
Chances to get resources are unaffected, since the game actually rolls for value when picking your drop.

Canute

Foam is well used stuff at spacecrafts with lower tech.
To extinguish fire at closed room and to seal hull breaches.
Since it is very temp. resistance it survive the entering the atmosphere. Or the canister just pop up at the crash and create the hill.

lelukeson

Hi there. Is the foam cannister supposed to be built using herbal medicine or is my recipe wrong? Thanks for this amazing mod, im loving it.

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: lelukeson on February 15, 2018, 06:05:16 PM
Hi there. Is the foam cannister supposed to be built using herbal medicine or is my recipe wrong? Thanks for this amazing mod, im loving it.

For now, yes. Though I am open to suggestions, if you'd like to suggest more fitting ingredients.

lelukeson

Ok got it! I am altering mine to use stone blocks, I think it feels better this way. But I understand if you did this for balancing, I have no idea if it got to easy to make them now. The foam canisters combined with some vents, gas canisters and corridors are REALLY OP, but god is it fun.