[1.3] Remote Tech (2.4.0) - Formerly Remote Explosives

Started by UnlimitedHugs, January 10, 2016, 01:09:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vovik

open Gasses.xml in mod files, find there refined sleeping gas and double hediffSeverityPerGastick values, have fun
Nun liebe Kinder gebt fein acht
Ich bin die Stimme aus dem Leere
Ich hab euch etwas mitgebracht
Ein heller Schein am Firmament
Mein Herz brennt

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: vovik on March 25, 2019, 05:25:45 PM
I cant make remote tech as dependency because i rewriten lots of stuff from there and plan to rewrite even more :/
im just an ordinary rimworld player that makes things more handy, kinda more logical, closing some loopholes, etc.. and then handing results to original owner of mod

No worries, I get that it's tricky, hence I'm not making it a hard requirement- just a preference.

Quote from: Riddle78 on March 28, 2019, 09:33:14 AM
Loving your mod. The mod easily redefines colony defence. However,I do have an issue. The Refined Sleeping Gas Bombs are... A little meh. My current colony used a gas hut to knock out human attackers for the purpose of recruitment,and even with four bombs,attackers still had more than enough time to breach the far door and escape,before getting knocked out. The entire structure's made of granite,doors and all. Also,gas seems to treat deep water as a wall; Can I assume that this is an engine limitation? One of my prototype designs involved a sapper-proofed gas hut that used deep water on both sides of the wall,courtesy of Fertile Fields,with Advanced Bridges used to throw down wall-supporting bridges to seal the attackers in.

Yeah, you kinda have to find ways to keep your guests confined until they, uh, feel like staying a while longer. Combining the gas with sealing foam generally works well.
As for the deep water thing, I'll see if I can get that fixed in a future update. I appreciate the report :)
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

vovik

also yea, about deep water - rainebau`s bridges treat deep water as wall too :|
Mein Herz brennt

Canute

Not as wall, as impassable.
Or do you can build bridges over walls ? :-)

vovik

Quote from: Canute on March 30, 2019, 06:30:57 AM
Not as wall, as impassable.
Or do you can build bridges over walls ? :-)
yep, treat as impassable
Mein Herz brennt

Ryomashi

Hey guys, I was having a weird bug on my game, pawns would only wander without doing their assigned tasks. Also, I could not give commands to my pawns (unless drafted) because no pop-up windows would appear. On dev mod, an error popped when I right clicked anything to give my pawns commands. More errors appeared letting the game run, involved what I think was the automatic assignment of jobs.

After removing the mod remote tech, the errors stopped happening. I run many mods, so I don't know what was causing the conflict. Does someone else has had this problem already? If not, should I provide the error logs here?

ozzymandias

Quote from: Ryomashi on April 10, 2019, 02:23:30 PM
Hey guys, I was having a weird bug on my game, pawns would only wander without doing their assigned tasks. Also, I could not give commands to my pawns (unless drafted) because no pop-up windows would appear. On dev mod, an error popped when I right clicked anything to give my pawns commands. More errors appeared letting the game run, involved what I think was the automatic assignment of jobs.

After removing the mod remote tech, the errors stopped happening. I run many mods, so I don't know what was causing the conflict. Does someone else has had this problem already? If not, should I provide the error logs here?

I've just experienced somewhat the same issue where right clicking desn't work and spawns an error. I have a lot of mods but not remote tech and i'm not sure what caused it.

UnlimitedHugs

@Ryomashi, @ozzymandias
Once you see the errors, use Ctrl+F12 to upload your log and post the link, I'll take a look.
HugsLib - AllowTool - Remote Tech - Map Reroll - Defensive Positions: Github, Steam

Riddle78

So,something funny happened earlier today while I was working on my oil operation...

Dunno if this is supposed to happen,but the implications are hilarious.

vovik

yup, thats hillarious, good way to train miners tho
Mein Herz brennt

Canute

Foam is used at spacecrafts to seal hull breaches.
And since the foam is more resistant then the remaining hull the chances are good for them as meteroite ! :-)

Sonsalt

Greetings,

Have been testing your great mod and would like to help you expand upon it.
yesterday I have already fixed some small things regarding items showing up without the research.

In my opinion it would be great to add several new and different explosive types, especially since you already created such a comprehensive system.

These are some of the explosives I would add:

1. Glue foam (Slows down considerably)
2. Fragmentation (works a bit like a 360 shotgun)
3. ACID (These substances also attack the eyes, or any other tissue they contact.)
4. Teargas (blinds and creates fear....) (vomiting effect, reduced eye sight..)
5. Lysergic acid diethylamide (delirium or hallucination) (sad wanderer effect)
6. Nerve agents

These are just some of the variations that I could think of.

Let me know if you are interested ;)

UnlimitedHugs

Quote from: Riddle78 on April 19, 2019, 05:48:35 PM
So,something funny happened earlier today while I was working on my oil operation...

Is that a meteor drop? I remember I specifically removed the foam from the meteor pool- I guess something changed.

Quote from: Sonsalt on April 20, 2019, 05:25:19 AM
Greetings,

True, gasses have still a lot of potential. Do feel free to make an add-on mod if you like- I have included everything necessary to make harmful gasses using only xml, despite not adding any myself.

vovik

Well, i already did that, even made a separate thread for that.
Mein Herz brennt

Sonsalt

Quote from: UnlimitedHugs on April 21, 2019, 03:24:37 AM
Quote from: Riddle78 on April 19, 2019, 05:48:35 PM

Is that a meteor drop? I remember I specifically removed the foam from the meteor pool- I guess something changed.

Quote from: Sonsalt on April 20, 2019, 05:25:19 AM
Greetings,

True, gasses have still a lot of potential. Do feel free to make an add-on mod if you like- I have included everything necessary to make harmful gasses using only xml, despite not adding any myself.

Oh cool, will have to take a look how you did that :P
Are you on Discord ?

Your mod has great potential and is already quite superb. Would love to explore the many options of explosives and triggers :P