You are the colonist!

Started by Simon_The_Space_Engineer, January 28, 2016, 08:22:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

You know how most people compare prison architect to rimworld in some ways of gameplay and looks, what if there was a way, like prison architect, where you could participate in either one of your own colonist being built from the very beginning, or someone else's which gets updated over time if they want to. Thinking about it this would also go great with the steam workshop when rimworld does make it to steam when it's ready
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

medwards10

This is (Mostly) possible already using the prepare carefully mod. As a matter of fact I derive great joy from playing with my friends as colonists and trying to accurately recreate their real-life traits and capabilities in game.

In regards to sharing, It would be possible to create a colonist of oneself, screenshot their stat screen and appearance, and post these in a thread to share with others. Prepare carefully also lets you save a colonist for later, so it may also be possible to share character saves in a thread.

I could see "Subscriber play throughs" becoming popular on youtube and twitch/.

JimmyAgnt007

I think he means like the escapist mode where you WASD control a guy and aim his gun and such.  I see this as being more possible as a raider attacking your colony than as a colonist building it.

Klitri

I can see this working as being a colonist building it, it would just take a bit of re-coding to adjust it to player controls, but entirely possible none the less.

JonoRig

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on January 29, 2016, 09:28:48 AM
I think he means like the escapist mode where you WASD control a guy and aim his gun and such.  I see this as being more possible as a raider attacking your colony than as a colonist building it.

I actually really like this idea, as a small extra mode, playing as the raider to attack on of your saves, only problem is is if a colony uses colonists for defense, you would need a way to "set up defenses", but unsure how it would work with mobile defenses, unless you can programme "x colonist moves to b position when raider reaches section 2"

But as being part of a raid, using wasd to move, mouse to aim, would be really interesting, and add a nice pseudo multi-player, not to mention the automatic defense positioning could help a lot.