Pirate Leader Blitz

Started by Nagamzor, January 28, 2016, 01:22:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nagamzor

I don't know if this has been suggested and I haven't done a search because I'm going for lunch right away.

I nominate Blitz for an in-game Pirate King/Leader. Or maybe a cannibal faction or something ridiculous like Blitz. He recently talked about purchasing the name in game portion so he could get his name in it as a random thought.

But I purchased this game solely because of the videos that Blitz has made. I resisted for like six months, but finally caved in and bought it yesterday. There's no way that Blitz hasn't brought in more than $200 worth of sales for you guys and his videos do great justice to your game.

I think that would sway more of his viewers to purchase the game and get more views as well.

The game is worth the buy so far and I've been impressed with the progress you've made.
Thanks.

Toggle

There's a lot of streamers or youtubers who have gotten people to buy the game.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Nagamzor

I would assume there is.

What better way to support the people who supported you in possibly the best fashion?

Toggle

There's a lot of stuff to be developed in Rimworld, people pay money themselves specifically asking to be put into the game, even if they may of attracted people streaming, it doesn't seem fair to the people who bought the package for it when said streamer hasn't even asked himself to be put in.

Nagamzor

It's not any less fair.
People paid their high price to get put in the game, and streamers and tubers who most likely brought in more money than that for the same game get put in the game.

And in terms of free publicity, it would generally cause streamers and tubers to be excited to talk about and feature videos on the game, especially since they will want to fight themselves or people they know. Which then garners more interest and more sales. The company looks great for supporting the people who support them.

I guess there are people who are self centered enough to ask to have themselves put in, but in general most people wouldn't ask. I would suspect the company would pick who they believe should be in the game for free and approach them which would also make the streamer/tuber more excited to talk about it.

Even though you've stated there's a lot of stuff to be developed they've already committed to doing this. Adding some extra characters into the mix isn't going to bog them down more than what the whole process already would.

Toggle

Except it is less fair. Everyone who streams Rimworld and may encourage a few people to buy it should not be entitled to the same package that costs $200. The package to simply get the persons name into the game is $45, 15 extra. The pirate king pack lets you create a unique character, with it's own custom backstories, skills, one that plays parts in raids against you and negotiations.

There's honestly modders that would deserve it more then streamers, although as I said the people who paid for it, paid a bloody lot for special stuff.