Playing again after a long time

Started by w00d, January 21, 2016, 07:21:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

w00d

I started a new game etc, left everything as default

started and first thing designated a stockpile area, picked a mountain side to build a convenient room and then.. nothing they refused to mine the area.. i check the work priorities, remove all other tasks, checked if they can actually do manual labour, they can . And but they ignore the plan to mine.

i pick another spot and tunneled back to the original area and they did that. Tunneling back to the original area and mined it... Wut??

so what gives? is there something in the last build which restricts mining?

Grantalf

Are you sure you haven't run into a wall.
Not sure when you last played, but you can now find random walls and rooms deep inside mountains.
You can generally tell by how smooth the edge is and usually the colour is different (though some times it imperceptibly blends with the surrounding rock).
When in doubt, click on one of the blocks they refuse to mine and it will tell you what it is.

Just be warned that those hidden rooms can sometimes contain great dangers or treasures.

w00d

it says Sandstone. And i can mine it from inside out?

Simon_The_Space_Engineer

If it's a wall you need to deconstruct it, if it's rock then you should be able to just mine it, if all else fails and your ok will a little cheating you can turn God mode on and just deconstruct the rock in God mod (and it only works in god mod, otherwise it has to be mines)
In the end, we all make the same leather hats.

Regret

Quote from: w00d on January 21, 2016, 08:03:37 AM
it says Sandstone. And i can mine it from inside out?
That has never happened to me. it sounds very strange.

Arigas

Quote from: Stone_enderman on January 21, 2016, 08:36:26 AM
If it's a wall you need to deconstruct it, if it's rock then you should be able to just mine it, if all else fails and your ok will a little cheating you can turn God mode on and just deconstruct the rock in God mod (and it only works in god mod, otherwise it has to be mines)
I never really considered it cheating if you used that to deal with weird bugs, personally.