[Mod Request] combat independant pawns and dual weapon carry

Started by Tormound, January 16, 2016, 11:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tormound

If such mods do not exist.
Is it possible to create a mod where pawns could attack enemies on their own if they enter a certain radius? I'm talking if raiders or a mad animal enters the radius, the pawn will automatically try to attack them with whatever weapon they have. Would make things less annoying when dealing with mad animals or lone raiders that shows up early on.

As for the dual weapon carry, is it possible to create a mod that would allow pawns to carry both a ranged an melee weapon so depending on what attack order they're given(melee or shoot) they change weapons?

Toggle

For the "Guard Pawn" suggestion... That's basically what a turret is for though. You just have one or a few and it'll handle whatever attacks you. because 1 single pawn with a weapon wouldn't stop 3 raiding pawns really.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Tormound

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on January 16, 2016, 12:56:41 PM
For the "Guard Pawn" suggestion... That's basically what a turret is for though. You just have one or a few and it'll handle whatever attacks you. because 1 single pawn with a weapon wouldn't stop 3 raiding pawns really.
uhhhhh... Yeah, not so true for my modded to heck game. I also don't like turrets all that much, stationary and takes up so much power.

Britnoth

Quote from: Tormound on January 16, 2016, 11:55:53 AM
If such mods do not exist.
Is it possible to create a mod where pawns could attack enemies on their own if they enter a certain radius?

They already do. It is called JobGiver_SelfDefenseMelee.

If you want pawns to switch to drafted status when an enemy is within certain distance, that might be a problem.
Sometimes you want pawns to continue their current task or a forced task rather than shoot at an enemy. IE when repairing a damaged turret.
Same with manning turrets. Some mods have manual gun turrets and such a change would totally break those.
Also likely breaks siege raids if as soon as someone is closeby they stop using the mortars.
They will also stop and shoot at any berzerk colonist as soon as they come into sight of them. Not a lot of fun if they are carrying frag nades etc,
or friendly fire everywhere as colonists spread bullets in all directions attempting to kill that manhunting squirrel.

Overall, I think having to draft a colonist for 15 seconds to deal with a mad animal is a lot less trouble than dealing with all the mess that results from pawns taking control for themselves. Plus I dont want the game to play itself.

Dual weapons:

Ew. No no no no no.
If every colonist has a gun and a melee weapon, you just made melee combat 100% obsolete outside of maybe rushing someone with a triple rocket to get them to stop shooting. If everyone has good melee damage, there is no point in closing with people as you will be getting hurt almost as much as they will be.

Anyway, there is already an option to do this: It is called a 'power claw'. :)