[A12d] Soulkata Mods, less butcher Ant Meat

Started by soulkata, September 01, 2015, 06:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragoon

I hope you update the mecha tanks they rock!
Quote from: faltonico
I truly can't understand that sense of balancing a LOT of modders have, pouring more resources on something doesn't make it more difficult, but more annoying. It is not engaging, even if i'm swimming in silver at late game ¿why to bother?, why all the effort to get there?.

soulkata

Hi, new Alien Ants version, now with less butcher meat!

Jdalt40

Now let's wait till somebody makes a time-lord regeneration ability :D

soulkata

Quote from: Joshy1111 on September 08, 2015, 09:41:15 AM

Sorry I didnt catch the easter egg... :(

TheGentlmen

Quote from: soulkata on September 01, 2015, 06:38:39 AM
AbilityPask
Found a spelling mistake.

Just realized about dis now... never noticed you put the A12 update out.

Jdalt40

Quote from: soulkata on September 09, 2015, 06:14:26 AM
Quote from: Joshy1111 on September 08, 2015, 09:41:15 AM

Sorry I didnt catch the easter egg... :(
Basically time-lord regeneration is to as a time-lord (Species in Doctor Who), cheat death. This is done by regeneration energy which heals all parts of the body but makes it unstable as well. This causes the time-lord to change personalitys, appearance, even the gender!

TheGentlmen

Quote from: RoboticManiac on September 17, 2015, 09:50:27 AM
The alien Ant mod appears to be heavily broken- The queens spawn workers; who in turn spawn workers; who spawn ever more workers. Meaning that even one queen is enough to crash or heavily lag the game after a small period of time. It doesn't help either than the newly spawned worker ants AI does not instruct them to attack the base- Instead they just mill around spawning more of themselves.
Not confirmed.

soulkata

Quote from: ZE GREATZ GENTZ (TheGentlmen) on September 17, 2015, 10:04:59 AM
The alien Ant mod appears to be heavily broken- The queens spawn workers; who in turn spawn workers; who spawn ever more workers. Meaning that even one queen is enough to crash or heavily lag the game after a small period of time. It doesn't help either than the newly spawned worker ants AI does not instruct them to attack the base- Instead they just mill around spawning more of themselves.
Not confirmed.

Well, please, send me the save game (Like the ones sent to Tynan in the version tests...) with this behavior!
:)

TheGentlmen

Quote from: soulkata on September 17, 2015, 10:34:53 AM
Quote from: ZE GREATZ GENTZ (TheGentlmen) on September 17, 2015, 10:04:59 AM
Not confirmed.

Well, please, send me the save game (Like the ones sent to Tynan in the version tests...) with this behavior!
:)

Quote from: Ninefinger on September 17, 2015, 06:59:19 PM
--SNIP, TO MANY QUOTES--

There should be no bug anymore with the ants, the queen was spawning eggs fairly quickly so I gave the queen a mana pool same as the nurse and made the lay ant egg cost 60 mana to cast this should slow down the egg laying process. As for the ants not attacking they seem to be working in my tests, they are supposed to hang around for a while and build up a threat before attacking adjusting the threat generated can be done the way I am doing it with man costs if it still needs to be adjsuted it is easy to do to balance it.

Aparently been fixed by nine... you should probably try to reproduce it using your mod only tho.

Jdalt40

Hey just a question, but am i able to make ability's happen after using an item? I.e, an item that evolves the person holding it

soulkata

Quote from: Joshy1111 on September 30, 2015, 02:11:33 AM
Hey just a question, but am i able to make ability's happen after using an item? I.e, an item that evolves the person holding it

Well, the abilities are designed to be executed only by enemies... So, I don't know how a Enemy can use a item... The enemy will always has the item on the inventory?

Jdalt40

Quote from: soulkata on September 30, 2015, 06:57:13 AM
Quote from: Joshy1111 on September 30, 2015, 02:11:33 AM

Well, the abilities are designed to be executed only by enemies... So, I don't know how a Enemy can use a item... The enemy will always has the item on the inventory?
Can the item be triggered and check which pawn the item is on Soulkata? If it can, I think you could make it trigger the ability on the pawn, but I don't know, I am not a modder myself. It would be nice for a item to be able to trigger an ability, and no, the enemy will not always have the item on the inventory.

darkitten

when the ants are incapacitated and try to move they cause errors.. but i have every mod in a12 working except for this and 3 others

mckinnal