(Info request)

Started by La_Moose, January 18, 2016, 10:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

La_Moose

Ok so I am playing the excellent SK hardcore mod and I am running into an annoying problem.

See, most of the time when I start a game it loads up fine, but sometimes, just sometimes when I start one I find out that it starts you with very very little high conductivity metal nodes on the map anywhere(and I do mean, not enough to play the game.  At all) ,unfortunately sometimes it takes a while for you to find out, and I am getting annoyed having to restart my game that I invested twenty minutes into just because I literally can't build doors (In SK mod you need spare parts to make doors, which need copper to make)

Why not trade for it you ask?     Because you need spare parts to make a trade beacon, which require spare parts, which requires copper or another high conductivity metal to make.

Could someone tell me how to mod in Tree's that grow copper and iron please? I know how to edit files and where they are I just don't know how to make them drop what I want or what line of text in trees I need to change.

Maybe Teak drops copper ore and pine drops Iron ore.

Thanks.

Fluffy (l2032)

If you're going to make metal grow on trees, you might as well make it fall out of the sky...

Devmode -> buttons in top right -> create xxx near -> profit

skullywag

Just mod the beacon to not require a terribly balanced material. Then you can trade for the metal you need for other stuff. Itll slow your game down but it wont stop it like it does currently.
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

Expect

In 2.4 syndicate version i am pretty sure you only need high coductivity metals to make mechanisms, spare parts can be made from steel bars.

Toggle

Quote from: skullywag on January 19, 2016, 03:52:02 AM
Just mod the beacon to not require a terribly balanced material. Then you can trade for the metal yoh need for other stuff. Itll slow your gane down but it wont stoo it like it does currently.

Are you okay skully
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

La_Moose

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on January 19, 2016, 03:29:06 AM
If you're going to make metal grow on trees, you might as well make it fall out of the sky...

Devmode -> buttons in top right -> create xxx near -> profit

Yes, but the thing is my way I can mod it to where the trees take a long time to grow and only give you a small amount, only slightly ruining the games balance  :P

Thanks everyone for you idea's.

ItchyFlea

Quote from: La_Moose on January 18, 2016, 10:19:01 PM
Could someone tell me how to mod in Tree's that grow copper and iron please?
First you'll need to know the <DefName> of the copper or iron you want grown from trees.
Once you know that, you can make the tree. I recommend copy and pasting the oak tree, and base your new tree off of that. You'll need to change the <harvestedThingDef> section and give it the DefName of the copper/iron/whatever you're after.

So it'll probably end up looking something like this: <harvestedThingDef>CopperOre</harvestedThingDef>

So the metal plant doesn't spread around the map, you'll also want to use this tag in the <plant> section of the definition: <shootsSeeds>false</shootsSeeds>
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

La_Moose

Quote from: ItchyFlea on January 20, 2016, 03:12:35 PM
Quote from: La_Moose on January 18, 2016, 10:19:01 PM
Could someone tell me how to mod in Tree's that grow copper and iron please?
First you'll need to know the <DefName> of the copper or iron you want grown from trees.
Once you know that, you can make the tree. I recommend copy and pasting the oak tree, and base your new tree off of that. You'll need to change the <harvestedThingDef> section and give it the DefName of the copper/iron/whatever you're after.

So it'll probably end up looking something like this: <harvestedThingDef>CopperOre</harvestedThingDef>

So the metal plant doesn't spread around the map, you'll also want to use this tag in the <plant> section of the definition: <shootsSeeds>false</shootsSeeds>

Thank you kind sir, thank you.