Thermal insulation

Started by Oiltanker, January 21, 2016, 06:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sens

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on January 24, 2016, 03:39:55 PM
Quote from: Oiltanker on January 24, 2016, 03:30:39 PM
Maybe you are right. But in my colony, when otside is -80C or less, I need multiply heaters ir all rooms to be able to keep temperature at 21C even when all doors are locked.

That's just because of the sheer cold it is outside.

So its not because the winds blow?

Joke aside....

If you can bring the temperature in a room to a specific point and the outside temperature doesnt change and neither do other variables, then why would it even fluctuate, it should be stable, there seems to be a bug with temperature and just saying sheer cold outside is maybe ok for you but not for someone who wants to know how stuff functions in first place or in rimworld reality, the stuff i asked relates to this exactly, how can my room go from 110 degrees to 60 degrees in a second and then straight back up to 110 degrees if the outside temperature is stable or changes just for 1 degree, can someone who understand this answer?

Toggle

Quote from: Sens on January 24, 2016, 04:29:30 PM
Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on January 24, 2016, 03:39:55 PM
Quote from: Oiltanker on January 24, 2016, 03:30:39 PM
Maybe you are right. But in my colony, when otside is -80C or less, I need multiply heaters ir all rooms to be able to keep temperature at 21C even when all doors are locked.

That's just because of the sheer cold it is outside.
If you can bring the temperature in a room to a specific point and the outside temperature doesnt change and neither do other variables, then why would it even fluctuate, it should be stable, there seems to be a bug with temperature and just saying sheer cold outside is maybe ok for you but not for someone who wants to know how stuff functions in first place or in rimworld reality, the stuff i asked relates to this exactly, how can my room go from 110 degrees to 60 degrees in a second and then straight back up to 110 degrees if the outside temperature is stable or changes just for 1 degree, can someone who understand this answer?

Depends on if all the heaters in the room keep pumping heat, or heat it to the 110 degrees then stop, then start again when it drops.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Sens

Well that is what i thought when i first encountered this problem using a small room at that time, i thought maybe its heater switching from high to low energy usage and then back, that time I tried to tackle the 21 stable and it was droping to 10 from 18 instantly etc... and then back up.., but as it wasnt rly that bothersome i didnt bother too much with this and just added another heater, but this time its obvious... 60+ heaters on 1500+ degrees, while 110 degrees seems to be max temperature for some reason as it doesnt exceed this ever and i know for sure something is wrong with the way it fluctuates. from 110 directly to 60 just like that, and then back up really fast, i cant buy that. Would like a little explanation as to why it happens, from someone who knows?

Wex

Do you know what huge difference a cover oer the door would make? It would be a poor man's airlock, to keep warm inside... A curtain to move for stoppin as much heat as possible to enter a room, would be pure gold.
"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
    Harlan Ellison

Regret

Quote from: Sens on January 24, 2016, 04:56:04 PM
Well that is what i thought when i first encountered this problem using a small room at that time, i thought maybe its heater switching from high to low energy usage and then back, that time I tried to tackle the 21 stable and it was droping to 10 from 18 instantly etc... and then back up.., but as it wasnt rly that bothersome i didnt bother too much with this and just added another heater, but this time its obvious... 60+ heaters on 1500+ degrees, while 110 degrees seems to be max temperature for some reason as it doesnt exceed this ever and i know for sure something is wrong with the way it fluctuates. from 110 directly to 60 just like that, and then back up really fast, i cant buy that. Would like a little explanation as to why it happens, from someone who knows?
The thermometer must be on a pendulum regularly touching a cold metal wall. Its the only explanation that makes sense.