"Claim the planet" End Game

Started by DarkMyau, January 27, 2014, 08:40:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkMyau

I was just reading the "Have more than one base" thread and I have an idea to expand on it a bit. (If someone has already suggested this: "Damn, I thought I was so original"

Say that each map we generate has an area of control (shown as a %).  When the area of control passes 75%, you get the option to claim the area and start again with 3 of your colonists from your first area, in a brand new map.

The risk vs reward here, is that if you die on the second map, you loose all 3 colonists, but can rebuild the ruins within a certain time limit (1 or 2 cycles) if you send 3 more of your colonists from your first area.

There would also be a "Total control" number at the top of the screen and when it hits 51%. You can claim the planet and win the game.

This also weakens your first area as 12 colonists are the limit, so you will only have 9 if you fail, (but can recruit 3 more the usual way) thus making you more susceptible to raids and being "gameovered"

There could also be "large raids", in which you would have to defend old colonies. I also like the Skynet idea as AI could take over an area and kill your colonists (you would fight a battle against AI robots and your turrets). If your killed, you could then try to retake the area buy sending your colonists on a raid into that area. But in the mean time the AI (you created lol) would also be launching raids on your areas.

What do you think?

DarkMyau

I would also like to expand on my idea with 2 things:

1. The AI that someone else thought up could work simply if it had levels. Each level would have to be researched and built to work.

Lvl 1: The AI sets up stockpiles and opens communications with traders (colonists would still be able to talk to traders and would give better results, but this would be useful in a pinch). Tynan has said he want to make us build separate areas and place out items in them and that he is getting rid of stockpiles. So this brings them back.....Sorry if this is a middle finger to the developer..*awkward* There is a 1% chance that the AI will go Skynet and attack you with your turrets.

Lvl 2: You can now build a cleaner droid that will clean your home areas. It cannot fight though as it is frail. There is a 5% chance that the AI will go skynet and attack you with your turrets and the droid.

Lvl 3: You can build a hauler droid (or another cleaner droid) that can be set to haul certain items (same as how you assign jobs) There is a 10% chance the AI will go skynet and attack you with turrets and both droids.

Lvl 4: You can now build a grower droid that will grow food and haul it to stock piles (it only hauls food). There is a 25% chance the AI will go skynet and attack you will your turrets and all 3 droids.

Lvl 5: You can now build a mining droid, that can mine anywhere you choose and haul metal back to stockpiles (it only hauls metals) There is a 35% chance the AI will go skynet and attack you with your turrets and 4 droids.

Lvl 6: You can now build a combat droid. It is very powerful in hand-to-hand combat (17) and has a high aim (17). There is a 50% chance the AI will go skynet and attack you with your turrets and all 5 robots.

Lvl 7: Level max for AI. You can now build a multi-purpose droid. This droid can have up to 3 traits from the other droids and are exceptionally useful. However...there is an 70% chance the AI will go Skynet and attack you with all your turrets and all 6 robots.

So it is very "risk vs reward" and I think that is exactly what Rimworld should be about.

The droids would be set up in their own room and recharge, the same way colonists sleep. So they would just be other colonists and wouldn't need to change much of the games programming to add.

If the AI does attack you. It will trick you buy moving all your colonists outside, then opening fire on you. You will have to break through your own lines and destroy the AI computer to regain control of the colony.

I guess you would also have the option to retreat if you have another colony on the world and would have to start a brand new colony with all of your surviving colonists (as each colony can only support 12 members). Both your new colony and any others would come under attack from your AI. If you choose to fight and are killed, you return to your old colony and have to decide to recruit 3 new people or send 3 more of your remaining 9 colonists out to claim a new colony. You will also be attacked by droids as well as the raids in your bases from now on until you reclaim that old base.

If this was your only colony, then you cant retreat as you have no resource's to move to a new location. So you have to fight. If your killed its Game over.

DarkMyau

The second thing is in regards to my multiple colony idea. If you control 10% of the world, you now have the option to "set up government" This allows you to trade with your other colonies the same way you trade with passing ships. (Controlling 10% would only be 2 fully developed colonies) It would have to be trade as the other colonies are still weak and could not afford to simply give you resources.

If you control 25% you could then get the "request aid" option which would be a party of 3 colonists (or droids) from another colony to come and help defend you from raids.

As I mentioned before, at 51% you can click, "claim world" and win the game.

Untrustedlife

Quote from: Torgaddon on January 27, 2014, 09:50:36 AM
The second thing is in regards to my multiple colony idea. If you control 10% of the world, you now have the option to "set up government" This allows you to trade with your other colonies the same way you trade with passing ships. (Controlling 10% would only be 2 fully developed colonies) It would have to be trade as the other colonies are still weak and could not afford to simply give you resources.

If you control 25% you could then get the "request aid" option which would be a party of 3 colonists (or droids) from another colony to come and help defend you from raids.

As I mentioned before, at 51% you can click, "claim world" and win the game.

These do sound pretty cool, but if they are implemented it will be quite  a long time before they are implemented. I mean dwarf fortress has been in development for years and tehya re JUST NOW adding this kind of thing in the next version. Of that game.

Note there should be hostile factions with control over multiple regions as-well.

And not only that but instead of 51% you should be upwards of 75-80% And ending the game should be very optional. And other factions should be bale to take colonies from you (even your starter colony)

I personally don't think that when this game is farther in development that an AI could control a colony decently actually.
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK

Trensicourt

Finally, someone explained this correctly with all the proper information. You deserve a hug(and a cookie)! I would love to see Rim World involving more diplomacy when your colony is at a larger scale.
WHAT IS RIM WORLD? A RAIDER DEATH BALL. LITERALLY.