How to update.

Started by fearlessindain, January 29, 2015, 04:07:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearlessindain

How can I update Rimworld and I would also like help on getting the mods to work. I have been trying to get mods on Rimworld but every time i do that Rimworld has a black screen

kic

If you're not playing the current version, you'll likely need to download the latest one. Check your email for the download link when you purchased it. Download the game, unzip the file, and you're done updating.

For mods, extract your mod(s) and put the folder(s) in the "Mods" folder inside of the Rimworld folder. Once you've done that, start the game, hit the "Mods" button in game, put a green check next to those mods you want to enable; hit "Close", wait a moment, and you're done. If you're playing on a Mac, right-click the Rimworld application and select "Show contents" and you'll see the folders from there (process is the same as above).

milon

In case you're looking at the changelog, those updates will all be released in the next update, Alpha 9.

Plague

I did not give an email address when I ordered the game.  I used Paypal and it lead me to a website where I downloaded it.  If they do not have my email on file then I do I get updated versions of the game?

Lys

Quote from: Plague on January 22, 2016, 04:57:26 PM
I did not give an email address when I ordered the game.  I used Paypal and it lead me to a website where I downloaded it.  If they do not have my email on file then I do I get updated versions of the game?
Your paypal account is linked to an email, and I'm pretty sure thats why they say
Quoteenter your purchase email below.
here