Hospital Beds - Steel or Silver?

Started by Faythe, January 21, 2016, 09:02:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faythe

I have an honest question - Do silver hospital beds heal better than the steel ones?  And then my secondary question to that is does quality matter as far as healing goes for a hospital bed?

The reasoning behind the first question is that it takes steel and silver to make sterile tiles (which it doesn't say if they actually help with healing in the wiki.)  So my reasoning would be that silver hospital beds would be treated as better than steel etc etc.

Lys

Afaik material does not impact healing at all. Silver beds would have a higher beauty (making the room pretty) than steel beds though.
Same goes for the quality of the beds, it just impacts the resting factor (you can actually see the stats if you click on the object and check the details). Hospital and regular colonist beds both have a healing rate of 110%. The difference between (non-)hospital is only for the designation, injured colonists will prefer taking hospital beds, if none are available they will go to their normal bed.

Also sterile tiles do not affect the healing rate but only make infections less likely. That is, a room with regular tiles can get a cleanliness of 0.0 (clean), whereas a room full with sterile tiles can reach 0.6 (sterile). The dirtier the room, the more likely are infections (at least from what I've gathered how it works).

Panzer

What Lys said, except the part about healing rate and beauty. Hospital beds offer an additional immunity gain speed and medical treatment quality factor, which can be further improved with a vital monitor. That means patients get better treatment and get well sooner when they re sick, a big advantage over regular beds.

As far as bed quality goes, superior quality beds and above offer a +10 mood bonus, 'resting on clouds of heaven'. That might come in handy if you have mood problems.

Lastly, hospital beds have no beauty rating, so building with silver is just a waste of money ;)

Lys

Ah yes sorry, I was thinking that he was referring to regular beds designated for medical use. Hospital beds (those which have to be researched) do improve the regeneration further, with no regards to material though.

Faythe

Andy_Dandy