Purchasing Rimworld

Started by Dagina, January 22, 2016, 02:52:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dagina

Ive never really bought any games outside of steam and i've decided too buy Rimworld but it says $30 but i don't know what form? Au, US, euro, Which one???

I absolutely love the game when i found it on steam greenlight ages ago, never purchased it but thought it had great potential, now i want too buy it, just wanted too know how much it would really cost me, as well as if the payment methods are 100% safe.

Dagina

Also edit:

Is there a way too pay via Mastercard savings not credit? im not sure if thats paypal or not

Arya

You should wait the steam release with me because it will come out in a few month and with steam you can get better modding and updating services. Tynan also stated that he can't promise that you will also get a steam version for free if you brought it now.

Dagina

Alright, thanks, I've been waiting for ages and i was iffy about it cause its been there for so long, id purchase it as soon as it came out on steam (Unless it was suddenly like $50 USD, i still personally think $30 is too much $20 is good) but yey i could wait a few more months then xD

Listen1

I'm brazillian, and right now $30 dollars is 5 times the local coin in here. (So it's like being 150 brazillian coins)

The game is 100% worth it. Trust me

Dagina

I know its definitely worth it, but ill wait till its out on steam too buy, unless they plan on not bringing it out of the greenlight?

alpha.raven

I am psyched for this to come out on steam already.  Since they can't guarantee steam keys with pre-purchase off their website, many of us have just been playing the pirated copies floating around while waiting to be able to buy it properly through steam.  It will be nice to finally be able to buy a legit copy.  Hope it is sooner than later.

REMworlder

Quote from: Arya on January 22, 2016, 03:53:25 AM
with steam you can get better modding and updating services

If you're talking about Steam Workshop when you mention better modding, it's not necessarily planned. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=7498.msg77441#msg77441

Andy_Dandy

Happy I bought it over a year ago, and not waiting for the Steam release. When it releases on Steam I'll buy it one more time. Best money spent in ages I tell you! Playing this game made me instantly lose interest for all other games the last year.

palandus

Considering Tynan lives in Quebec Canada, and Ludeon Studios exists in Quebec, then the price should be in Canadian dollars. Our dollar (I'm from Canada too) isn't doing so well, so its significantly less than USD. If we converted $30 CAD to USD it would be = $21.24 USD.

REMworlder

I'm going to take back what I said about Workshop. I just noticed the changelog shows a note of workshop integration in July so it's still possible(?)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_rCdGYp3nbSUXFG4Ky96RZW1cJGt9g_6ANZZPOHyNsg/pub

Tynan

The price is USD because that's the global currency people know. Only a tiny percentage of sales are to Canadians.

Steam Workshop integration was done some time ago :D So it'll be there at Steam release.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Toggle

Yeah as a Canadian, you don't want to buy anything in Canadian dollars right now...
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Praeses

As a South African, you don't want to buy anything beyond the border at the moment...1USD = 16.5ZAR...I miss the days of $1 = R5 :(

A Friend

Quote from: Praeses on January 25, 2016, 06:39:23 AM
As a South African, you don't want to buy anything beyond the border at the moment...1USD = 16.5ZAR...I miss the days of $1 = R5 :(

Good ol' third world country currencies... *sobs softly*
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"