Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• April 07, 2020, 01:42:58 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Smoke launcher should extinguish fires  (Read 84 times)

Alenerel

• Colonist
    • View Profile
Smoke launcher should extinguish fires
« on: March 31, 2020, 04:51:59 PM »

I tried it expecting it to work but for my surprise it doesnt work... I think it would be an excellent addition.

tynon pls

Ulef

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: Smoke launcher should extinguish fires
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2020, 05:33:46 PM »

Well, that idea doesn't really make a lot of sense. Fires already produce a lot of smoke anyway and the smoke doesn't put it out, so having a smoke launcher extinguish them would be strange.

On the other hand, if you're willing to add some mods, there are mods that add firefighting tools. Fire Extinguisher, for example, adds a fire extinguisher weapon that essentially fires 4 firefoam grenades per shot. It won't have the range of a launcher, but it has nearly the same radius of effect, so it should fill the role you're looking for. It also includes a firefoam belt, to keep your colonists from running around like chickens with their heads cut off whenever a centipede with an inferno cannon shows up.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2002292418&searchtext=fire+extinguisher

Alenerel

• Colonist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 12:43:47 AM »

Smoke actually exinguishes fire irl too since it occupies the space that oxygen would, so fire gets  drowned...

The idea of specifically the smoke launcher and not a fire extinguisher is because dedicating one pawn for a smoke launcher in battle is often not ideal, but being smoke launcher + fire extinguisher (for molotovs, incendiary launchers, centipedes and inferno turrets) would make worth it.

LWM

• Colonist
  • Little White Mouse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 12:35:50 PM »

Also for suffocating enemy soldiers?  Because if it can put out fires, it's probably not good for enemies to be inside a cloud of that little oxygen either.