Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oxidus

I made suggestion already,but what about dying clothes or armor?
Requiescat in Pace,Mio Fello.

MikhailBoho

I would love it if colonists that just randomly join your colony asked to join first. Then, there could be added events associated with allowing or turning away outsiders.

- One event could be that the person you turned away is furious with you, so they (alongside their once friendly faction) decide to declare war on you.

- Another could occur when accepting them. You decide to bring them in, but oops. They're infected with an unknown illness. After two days of treatment, you manage to determine what the illness is. It can either be malaria, flu, plague.. or, a chance that the new colonist was a host for massive carnivorous worms who immediately erupt from the poor new colonist's chest and commence an attack on your colony from within.

Johnny Masters

Quote from: MikhailBoho on January 05, 2015, 07:47:09 PM
- Another could occur when accepting them. You decide to bring them in, but oops. They're infected with an unknown illness. After two days of treatment, you manage to determine what the illness is. It can either be malaria, flu, plague.. or, a chance that the new colonist was infected with massive space worms, who immediately erupt from the poor new colonists chest and attack your colony from within.

That made me wet with thought about a rimworld Alien(s) reenactment. Although you'd probably need fog of war to get it right.

Imagine you accept the wandering fool. A few days later he starts feeling ill, so he is sent to the medbay. Sometime later, an alien erupts from his belly and vanishes into your colony, just as your loose the vision of the dead newcomer. Uops, where is the alien now? It still lurking around, you organize a party to hunt the disgusting thing. Do you split up? Pair up? Let it go thinking the thing is gone? Suddenly the entire economy halts while you pursue your ghostly foe.
Then it might be hours or days before the beast leaps onto an unsuspecting colonist, only this time it's a 12' beast with lighting fast reflexes and acid for blood. Heck yeah.

MikhailBoho

That sounds exciting! I would love the game to have a form of fog of war so that tension building events like that could be possible. If not a permanent effect, the fog of war could be attached to the foggy weather which happens periodically?

Either way, the game definitely needs same alien creatures to hunt the poor human colonists.

FreedomFighters

The Ability to section Home Regions, so everyone can maintain their own "District" without interference from other colonists
(e.g. Darkeye and Leystrat live in Section 1 while Johs and Grim live in Section 2)

fluffy_543

What about boots and gloves? I think it's silly that my colonists are walking barefoot through the snow.
- Boots could also affect walking speed on certain materials.
- Using low quality boots or gloves in winter should cause frostbite. This would be difficult to treat and you might end up having to amputate limbs.

I saw in the changelog that apparel now has durability. It would be great if durability would decrease dramatically when shot at. This would make the clothes you strip from corpses much less valuable and make crafting more important for survival, especially in winter biomes.

Here are some more cheap ideas:
- Claustrophobe and agoraphobe traits.
- Bonuses when wearing matching clothes (like 100% synthread).
- A leather fetish trait ;)

Lostfighter01

When you prioritize a job, if it's more than 50% complete (ie building a wall) then have them finish it before moving onto the next task.

Anduin1357

Quote from: fluffy_543 on January 06, 2015, 06:12:02 AM
What about boots and gloves? I think it's silly that my colonists are walking barefoot through the snow.
- Boots could also affect walking speed on certain materials.
- Using low quality boots or gloves in winter should cause frostbite. This would be difficult to treat and you might end up having to amputate limbs.

I saw in the changelog that apparel now has durability. It would be great if durability would decrease dramatically when shot at. This would make the clothes you strip from corpses much less valuable and make crafting more important for survival, especially in winter biomes.

Here are some more cheap ideas:
- Claustrophobe and agoraphobe traits.
- Bonuses when wearing matching clothes (like 100% synthread).
- A leather fetish trait ;)
Then it goes without saying that apparel can be patched/ repaired so that when the only parka around wouldn't be a shot up parka that is useless regardless of what u do with it.

postm00v

The ability to switch from melee to firearm (or vice versa) in the middle of a fight.

kasimirtlw

a way to toggle roof view to see where there are holes in the roof

a way to project or draw sunlamp and trade beacon area's to help in building rooms to accommodate them

Claive

-A "prioritize eating and sleeping" button.
-Make it so crops can "go wild" and grow randomly on the map.  Animals who eat these wild crops have a chance to get a taste for them and prioritize eating them.
-Thieving visiting npcs.  They show up as friendly but then steal something, turn hostile and try to run away.

tom_kazansky

-Killed Enemy stats on a per-soldier base.
-non centering hotkeys (,.) for selection soldiers.

MikhailBoho

I would like to see pockets of creatures added to the mountain ranges and a chance for mining mountain tiles to spawn creatures (maybe jungle scarabs or a new predator?). Something that will act as a deterrent from starting an initial mountain base before your colony is prepared for a few fights.

Also, organs should spoil if not refrigerated. No more heat-wave kidneys!

Eleazar

Probably these have been suggested before, in that case consider this additional support.

* Wall vents and/or ventilated doors.  Temperature and possibly light can move through them, but for purposes of private bedrooms, they count as barriers.

* Stockpiles can be checked to allow colonist self-equipping and swapping of equipment.  Colonists without a weapon or garment will help themselves.  If the stockpile allows it colonists can also upgrade to a better garment or weapon.  Of course the difficulty is that  weapons don't have an unambiguous hierearchy of superiority.

Tynan

Quote from: fluffy_543 on January 06, 2015, 06:12:02 AM

You've nailed the exact reason apparel has durability now :)

I'm desperate trying to balance the absurd economy that appears when you're killing dozens of raiders.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog