Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tom_kazansky

Hotkeys for objects (citizens, citizen-groups,buildings) similar to starcraft. CTRL+X=save X=select. XX =select and center.

artemas

Allow colonists to force prisoners into bed in order to provide them with medical treatment. Currently, they seem to only be able to heal prisoners when the prisoners aren't 'active', which is currently the number one cause of death for the interned.

Mithradates

Quote from: artemas on February 19, 2015, 01:26:56 PM
Allow colonists to force prisoners into bed in order to provide them with medical treatment. Currently, they seem to only be able to heal prisoners when the prisoners aren't 'active', which is currently the number one cause of death for the interned.

That and Trogo of the damned Trado of the Tree Tribe, whose apparent definition of 'leaving' is 'wandering around the prison attacking any prisoner who gets out of bed for any reason'.
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

Arsepayne

:o Probably been Mentioned....  Changing the save location so we can have a self contained USB stick to run and play on any computer!!

:)
|||~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|||
There are 10 Types of People in the world.
Those who understand Binary,
And those who Don't.

"With life brings wisdom, With wisdom bring knowledge, With knowledge anything is possible." - ArsePayne

Sir

Please change the Orbital Trade Beacon to a tiny stockpile and revise the trade system so that it catalogs all available materials and items owned by the colony. With the recent implementation of the weathering of items that are left outside and the requirement that the OTB must not have a roof over it nor the items, it makes trading a real bother. Whenever I want to sell something, I either have to sell it right away or toggle a bunch of stockpiles and wait for items to be moved to the OTB's zone so that they may be sold. Rather, I think the Comms Console should allow you to sell anything you own and when you do sell something, it will trigger a hauling order that moves the selected items into a tinier zone around the OTB so that they may be sold. This would overall streamline the trading system and solve the issues that arise with the recent changes in Alpha 9. For example, it make it difficult to sell crops when they can be weathered and destroyed out in the elements. Whereas with my suggestion, I store the crops indoors, sell them through the comms console, then the AI hauls the required amount of crop to the OTB where it is transported and sold for Silver.

TL;DR: Make it so I can sell anything I own and when I sell it have it hauled to a tiny OTB zone where it is immediately sold for Silver. This is due to the recent changes where items left outside get weathered and destroyed. Thank you.
Check out my Suggestions!
Pt. 1 & Pt. 2

tommytom

Quote from: Arsepayne on February 19, 2015, 02:05:17 PM
:o Probably been Mentioned....  Changing the save location so we can have a self contained USB stick to run and play on any computer!!

:)

+1000 this
If not be default (I understand the problems with NT6 and UAC), at least give a parameter to give it like --data /data/ to store the appdata settings to a (relative) folder. Not only for USB portablizing, but also to play the same saves from any logged in user (if that's what you want to do).

Quote from: artemas on February 19, 2015, 01:26:56 PM
I believe your problem is not having a bed set to medical. This gives them priority to go rest in it to be healed. Otherwise, the doc will only heal them until not incapped.

akiceabear

Hotkeys for the few toggles in the bottom right - e.g. beauty overlay, inventory hierarchy, etc.

akiceabear

Not sure if this qualifies as "cheap" although I guess implementing the lat/long algorithm to figure a dynamic sunrise and sunset (by day of year!) is relatively cheap, as far as features go.

Via the great Darkness mod thread:
QuoteDoes the amount of daylight change with map location and season? E.g. arctic biomes should see very long nights in the winter and very long days in the summer - to the point where polar day/night might be sustained for weeks/months (as in reality). This could lead to some interesting mood buffs/negs down the line!
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=10327.45

Mithradates

Quote from: A_Bandit!!! on February 19, 2015, 11:33:41 AM
With the tale-system now in the game, tombstones with a random tale from the dead colonist�s life complete with birthdate and time of death. Could probably use the sculptors table for making it. Right now there isnt any friendships or even basic relationships ingame, but it would be nice if colonists in the future would visit graves of friends from time to time.

EDIT: Right, this might be alot of work so forgive me if this is way to much work for nothing much. Aging of alcohol. You can store alcohol in a cool room , this effects its potency and also gives it a higher quality. This gives a small mood boost for the pawn consuming it, it also nets a higher price with exotic vendors.

Eh...well, I'll agree to your first idea IF we change 'random' to 'semi-random'. I don't want Tara's Tombstone to be talking about that time she got really drunk on the even days of months with vowels on them and vomited all over the valley. Maybe Random (Positive) [I'm not sure if that's an actual thing]. Also, I would like to see some more gravestone types along with that.

For the second idea; I could agree with that - I'd also like to see other types of alcohol added (I'm sure they will be) with different ingredients (Potatoes, Fruits, Urine [For the PBR enthusiasts], etc).
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

TigerPantzzz

It would be nice to have access rights to doors. I can't seem to drop held keys and my alcoholic keeps getting into the beer reserve - she needs to lose key privileges to the storage door.

tommytom

Quote from: TigerPantzzz on February 20, 2015, 01:21:05 PM
It would be nice to have access rights to doors. I can't seem to drop held keys and my alcoholic keeps getting into the beer reserve - she needs to lose key privileges to the storage door.
Hahahaha. I think that breaks the purpose of the trait slightly, but still hilarious.

Ciznit

I would love to have a use priority for stockpiles that dictate which pile resources should be used from first.

Mido

How about wall tiles that emit light? This would make illuminating 1 tile wide hallways much easier. There could be tiles that emit light on one side, on two sides, or even on all four sides.

Cimanyd

Quote from: Sir on February 19, 2015, 03:10:24 PM
Please change the Orbital Trade Beacon to a tiny stockpile and revise the trade system so that it catalogs all available materials and items owned by the colony. With the recent implementation of the weathering of items that are left outside and the requirement that the OTB must not have a roof over it nor the items, it makes trading a real bother. Whenever I want to sell something, I either have to sell it right away or toggle a bunch of stockpiles and wait for items to be moved to the OTB's zone so that they may be sold. Rather, I think the Comms Console should allow you to sell anything you own and when you do sell something, it will trigger a hauling order that moves the selected items into a tinier zone around the OTB so that they may be sold. This would overall streamline the trading system and solve the issues that arise with the recent changes in Alpha 9. For example, it make it difficult to sell crops when they can be weathered and destroyed out in the elements. Whereas with my suggestion, I store the crops indoors, sell them through the comms console, then the AI hauls the required amount of crop to the OTB where it is transported and sold for Silver.

TL;DR: Make it so I can sell anything I own and when I sell it have it hauled to a tiny OTB zone where it is immediately sold for Silver. This is due to the recent changes where items left outside get weathered and destroyed. Thank you.

You can now sell items near a trade beacon whether they're under a roof or not. It's not a bug, but I don't see it in the change list here and I don't remember seeing it in the changelog either. It's something players really need to know about, because of deterioration, so I think that's a problem.
Some sort of psychic wave has swept over the landscape. Your colonists are okay, but...
It seems many of the scythers in the area have been driven insane.

Mido

I have a very simple quality-of-life suggestion: add an option when selecting a stockpile to manually change the colour, so that I don't have to delete and recreate the stockpile 5-10 times to get it to be the colour I want.

Also, the previous post by Cimanyd is a great idea. Something about trade beacons indoors being able to magically teleport goods to a ship in space seems silly.