Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tommytom

Well, I agree, but it was a quickfix for deteriorating when outdoors. Actually, maybe what you think is wrong with it would be exactly the solution. Teleportation technology that would kill people (to stop you from wondering why you can't teleport up to traders and escape) but is fine for materials. You would only need outdoor beacon for selling prisoners (or dont allow selling them at all but rather body parts as they aren't "alive") and buying prisoners could still come via drop pods.

Mithradates

While I know that this isn't an ideal solution (for story reasons), building an enclosure for the beacon and removing the roof whenever you want to trade is a viable option for gameplay purposes. Or, at least I should think so, anyway.
Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

MrSurvivor

More floors like sandstone floors. And maybe being able to build a mountain slate block so you don't have to remodel your whole cave base if you accidentally mine the wrong chunk of rock T_T

tommytom

Quote from: Mithradates on February 20, 2015, 11:14:16 PM
While I know that this isn't an ideal solution (for story reasons), building an enclosure for the beacon and removing the roof whenever you want to trade is a viable option for gameplay purposes. Or, at least I should think so, anyway.
I was kinda thinking that. I did exactly that in A8. I started with 1 unroofed tile then realized I had to expand it to uncover the stockpile tiles that had stuff in them.

I don't know how this works currently in game, but I know it's "indoors unroofed" or something like that. If it already stops detoriation, then problem solved. If not, maybe make indoor unroofed not deteriote things, but that's kinda dumb too as sun/rain/snow/temp is more destructive then wind (which is all walls would block, besides dirt FROM wind or something).

Sir

Quote from: Cimanyd on February 20, 2015, 07:13:11 PM
Quote from: Sir on February 19, 2015, 03:10:24 PM
Please change the Orbital Trade Beacon to a tiny stockpile and revise the trade system so that it catalogs all available materials and items owned by the colony. With the recent implementation of the weathering of items that are left outside and the requirement that the OTB must not have a roof over it nor the items, it makes trading a real bother. Whenever I want to sell something, I either have to sell it right away or toggle a bunch of stockpiles and wait for items to be moved to the OTB's zone so that they may be sold. Rather, I think the Comms Console should allow you to sell anything you own and when you do sell something, it will trigger a hauling order that moves the selected items into a tinier zone around the OTB so that they may be sold. This would overall streamline the trading system and solve the issues that arise with the recent changes in Alpha 9. For example, it make it difficult to sell crops when they can be weathered and destroyed out in the elements. Whereas with my suggestion, I store the crops indoors, sell them through the comms console, then the AI hauls the required amount of crop to the OTB where it is transported and sold for Silver.

TL;DR: Make it so I can sell anything I own and when I sell it have it hauled to a tiny OTB zone where it is immediately sold for Silver. This is due to the recent changes where items left outside get weathered and destroyed. Thank you.

You can now sell items near a trade beacon whether they're under a roof or not. It's not a bug, but I don't see it in the change list here and I don't remember seeing it in the changelog either. It's something players really need to know about, because of deterioration, so I think that's a problem.

Fair enough, but I still think the trade system and OTB need to be vastly changed. It's unnecessary to have the limitations of the stockpile. Since I can't order specific stacks to be moved to another stockpile, it's horribly limiting.
Check out my Suggestions!
Pt. 1 & Pt. 2

Hoovytaurus

Put prisoner beating back in! And a mood buff (buff, so they don't have mental breaks, but the text is negative) for a while after being beaten so they don't cause trouble.

puddlejumper448

I hope this is a cheap idea, but i would love to see dynamic traits and dynamic passions, like if a colonists grows plants everyday they eventually gain green thumb trait so they start gaining the growing buff, and the inclusion of similar traits that give buffs for cooking, mining, construction, etc., and if they don't grow anything for a couple of weeks that trait goes away. Dynamic passions would be similar, maybe if they grow for example 6 days a month they have they get the double flame, if they drop down to 2-6 days then they drop down to the single flame, and if they grow less than that the lose all flames, and vice versa.

Mithradates

My cheapest ideas?

Weapons and Armour:

• Axes.
  • Pikes. Read: I want a little range on these things.
  • Crossbows.
  • Atlatls.
  • Slings.
  • Daggers.
  • Warhammers.
  • Plumbata (big, heavy, War Darts).
  • Actual hand-shields of various types.
  • Various types of craftable classical-and-medieval armours and helmets
  • Tabards of all colors (which go over armor sets - primarily used for visual organization of similarly dressed figures)
  • Required Ammunition for ranged weapons.
  • Craftable Firearms - Think simple shotguns, arquebii, matchlocks, and similar smoothbore guns (requires a Lathe). Complete with optional research of Rifling, to allow for the production of rifles.
  • Two-handed swords
  • To Hell With it; Katanas and all of that jazz.

Other things.
    • Dual Wielding/allowance of carrying multiple (two) weapons, and switching between them (short timer - ~1 sec)
    • Allow Fires to cook simple meals.
    • More types of cover - tall plants (like corn) should provide (minimal) cover!
    • Melee skill also improves block chance against melee attacks.
    • More animals and plants.

Good enough for now.
    Romani arma in omnis habent, acerruma in eos, quibus victis spolia maxuma; audendo et fallundo et bella ex bellis serundo magni facti. Per hunc morem extinguent omnia aut occident.

king komodo

I'm pretty sure that this would be a rather cheap request given some in this thread. I've noticed my hunter(s) that use ranged weapons tend to take shots a maximum range which is translating to 1 and 2 percent shots after all factors, my question is what hunter would take a shot that they, under perfect conditions, would only have a 6 percent chance to hit? So Tynan if you could be so kind as to put a lower restriction on shooters base chance to hit at around 30 or so before other factors such as range, weather, etc. while hunting so they aren't "wasting" shots.

Sartain

Add a feature, similar to Smooth Floors, where you can use wood and stone to create artificial ground out of terrain like marsh and shallow water. Maybe make it something research-able.

Also, an option to choose what quality of meal prisoners are getting. Why should they eat our lavish meals?

TigerRenko

How about dance? (simple moving around the fireplace, helped our ancestors alleviate fears and anxiety)

How about singing? (if 2+ pawns gather around fireplace, they could start singing, maybe add artistic to outcome of their social action)

How about storytelling? (as pawns sit to have lunch together, they can swap stories... result of social interaction is higher, but story can make meal last vastly longer as tradeoff)

Sartain

How about permanent, buildable firepits with a toggle to keep fed? It'll run on wood and haulers, or maybe crafters or repairers, will keep supplying it with wood if it's toggled on.

Ykara

Losing weight. Would add so much more realism to Rimworld. And it would be a better way of getting rid of fat colonists than selling them.

tommytom

Quote from: king komodo on February 22, 2015, 01:26:11 AM
    I'm pretty sure that this would be a rather cheap request given some in this thread. I've noticed my hunter(s) that use ranged weapons tend to take shots a maximum range which is translating to 1 and 2 percent shots after all factors, my question is what hunter would take a shot that they, under perfect conditions, would only have a 6 percent chance to hit? So Tynan if you could be so kind as to put a lower restriction on shooters base chance to hit at around 30 or so before other factors such as range, weather, etc. while hunting so they aren't "wasting" shots.
    Dude! All these suggestions I have made and I didn't think of that.

You need to make a completely new topic for that. Very good suggestion.

Never understood why hunters have a ranged gune of (say) 75, go to the 75th tile away from the squirrel, then fire at it for a million years.

Unless hunting is considered a means to level up shooting skill (more shots = more exp).

Blad

Raiding and Trading ? Simple enough you have people "Passing by" give them valuable items such as x10 med kits or x500 silver and have it be an event "You see a trading group passing by your colony" you can choose to leave them alone or "Raid"
    them. As for trading your colony has X amount of things , with the Communications console, you contact another colony and offer X amount of things for their X amount of things (With their like/dislike meter playing into the price).