Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorroexe

Quote from: Monkfish on March 17, 2015, 11:03:21 AM
Wat?
-Example: Building a energy accumulator next to a sonar generator will make that specific energy accumulator to provide a fixed amount of percent of that energy. (x% of 1,700 W)

So, a mortar that's unmanned, not as powerful or as accurate as the current mortars (strewth, it'd never hit anything!) and requires electricity instead of ammo? Sounds useless to me.
-It's just an suggestion, for the balancing point of using energy instead of ammo, it should be slow & weak, to prevent spamming. I guess the next set of balanced-set would be slow projectile (manual target), decent accuracy & weak damage.

Could do, though I'm not sure how that would be represented with pawns that have no arms or legs.
-idk? Maybe standing = current model? Semi-stand = legs bend or crouching down? Lie-down = body down, face looking forward?

*I Suck in Quoting.

Roto2esdios

Quote from: Palladine on March 10, 2015, 08:05:48 PM
Is it possible to add a function to manually transfer a stack of items into a specific location? Something like click on an item, right click on a location to create a hauling task? It'd be fine if it only worked on areas zoned as stockpiles or something, especially if it's a designation tool like hauling and hunting-- that could work something like how moving groups of drafted pawns work. It'd be a lot easier to organize resources and stack things that, for some reason, the colonists refuse to stack properly, among other things.

Also, someone suggested a "prioritize until done" task earlier on-- I don't know if it's what they intended, but if not, it would be nice to make that a designation tool as well, so you can prioritize building entire rooms or structures.

I like it.

And how about to put a hunting zone (like the home zone)? Whatever an animal enters the hunt zone, the hunter goes for a killing.

An stock pile like you said with a X times the hunter goes to hunt or until have x on the stock pile.

Sound cheep to add. But I am not a programmer

keylocke

-a bill for the butcher table that will automatically tag animals for hunting if they are within X distance of a butcher table.

-prioritize butchery over cooking. this provides more cooking ingredients which allows cooks to prepare better meals. otherwise they'll waste time and ingredients cooking low tier food.

mipen

Horses! Or other rideable mounts

TrashMan

Quote from: Darkhymn on March 16, 2015, 12:29:04 AM
Quote from: CheeseGromit on March 15, 2015, 05:22:08 PM
It's been bothering me for stone creation since I started playing. Now it's bothering me for food storage when trying to keep quantities of meat and herbal medicine in a freezer with a crop production that exceeds demand. I've created three separate zones to work around this.

Cycle your crops. If I notice I've stored 2000 potatoes, I'll usually go ahead and turn my farms to medicine production for a time, or devilstrand. I also usually have multiple freezers. One for medicine and one for food.

Apologies for off topic.

Do it the way Dwarf Fortress does it - a growing zone has it's crop set seasonally.
So you set what to grow in Spring, what to grow in Fall, what to grow in Winter (if aynthing) and what to grow in Summer.
Setting up a zone is 3 more clicks, but it manages itself after that.

johiah

How about fruit trees? Retexture the fast growing jungle plant and have it so that once its grown you can collect lots and lots of food every 5 days or something.
Also maybe some sort of item comparison screen. Select two items and click a "compare button" and it will tell you al of their stats next to each other for comparison. Very anoying having to remember all the stats.
"My best warden has no jaw"

RemingtonRyder

A tag or tags in BiomeDefs to affect herd sizes, throughout the year or just during the cold months.

b0rsuk

Quote from: johiah on March 18, 2015, 09:29:04 AM
How about fruit trees? Retexture the fast growing jungle plant and have it so that once its grown you can collect lots and lots of food every 5 days or something.

I was about to post it right before tree farming was removed. You would harvest fruits from the tree, but you could also chop it down for wood.

-----

Small animals should have a very hard time damaging your head and parts of body far from the ground. You could make an exception for very agile animals like squirrels, maybe rabbits. But tortoise poking your eye out ?

artyb

-Adding of weapon Cooldown reduction depends on shooting level. If youre newbie - you spend a lot of time to reload and shoot again. If youre master - why the hell you should aim for 3-4 seconds? You killed thousands of enemies.... Maybe that should depend on distance. On short distance its easy to aim, and on long distances you should spend more time to aim.
-Poison? Why not. That guys from the villages will have poison darts. If they get you - youre going ill because of poison. That can make gamestart harder if you cant just avoid this darts. Also - poison artillery shells. Just drop it, xplode and... they all will feel bad. Maybe just stats reduction, maybe ill and death.
-Of cource everyone wanna height levels to dig down and build some floors.

benben471

Tazers - Melee ranged, high-tech equipment with a high cool-down that incapacitates raiders.
Artefacts - Art that can be found in old buildings (makes them all less empty when I'm looking for cryptosleep caskets). Perhaps even old high-tech devices like neurotrainers could be found in the same way but, they could have a lesser effect.)
Thanks for feedback :),
Benben471.
I have mods now ^^

M

A Colony "Direction" Tab would be cool.
A tab in which you could select things like:
- All Equals: no pro and cons
- Hierarchy: One is the Head of the colony (bonus and malus) and there could be 2 or 3 other ranks (with respective bonus and malus) and the player could be able to give custom names those ranks. Rising or lowering a colonist rank would lead in better or worse mood etc.
- Council: A group of colonists is in charge (bonus and malus) and others are "citizens" or "newcomers" (bonus and malus). Some sort of Seniority System.
- More: add more...

This feature would add great replayability and customization to games.

SSS

Firefighting and cleaning neurotrainers would be nice.

Zorroexe

*Security Mood buff: +Mood when there's a certain amount of security installed (regardless of On/Off), -Mood when there isn't much when pass the first year.
~Safe: i feel safe around all these security installed
~Very Safe: i could sleep well now.
~Not Safe: we need more security to protect us.
~Extremely Unsafe: I feel we could get wiped out any moment now.

*Siege Debuff/Buff: + or - mood during siege events. + when countered enemy siege attempts, - when under fire.
~Siege Countered: We countered them!!
~Siege Under Fire: We'r living in fear of those Mortars!

b0rsuk

* Monkeys should randomly move loose items a few tiles. If you leave your wood, steel or item stockpiles in the open, they will throw it around several tiles.

* It could be hilarious if monkeys could pick up guns and randomly shoot them all around. These are 5500 monkeys, and they can observe.

Stan-K

A warning if a colonist is about to run out of blood. Ideally a combination of blood loss and rate. E.g. "At this rate your colonist will die in half a day"

A blood transfusion operation/action could also help. Donate 20% of The doctors bloos to the patient or something like that.

Quote from: b0rsuk on March 21, 2015, 05:24:11 AM
* Monkeys should randomly move loose items a few tiles. If you leave your wood, steel or item stockpiles in the open, they will throw it around several tiles..

+1