Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rickeyhb

Moved here from a topic i made:

Hey Ive thought about how you should change the trading screen.

The problem:
  • "Endless" list of items
  • Unsorted list
My suggestions:
     1. Add a simple amount:# to every kind of item
         Instead of "Pump Shotgun" listed 3 times it should say "Pump Shotgun x3"
         Or maybe a drop down list next to the buttons, displaying how many you have. If you select 10 and press sell it should sell 10.

2. A Sorted list
         Now they look "randomly" listed. So the list could be sorted to display all pistols first then pump guns then .....

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Xenocide7

Net Gun : Shoots net to capture both people , and animals - But keeps them alive

Lazer Fence / Door . Requires double power when on , no power when off - If touched or started when someone is on the beam they are incinerated.

KasperVld

Forced labour for prisoners

Prisoners will be picked up by a warden and follow the warden around, helping him accomplish any other tasks he may have (such as construction) faster, though you run the risk of the prisoner trying to escape. Should also affect happiness in a negative way.

salt1219

well with the new skills being added how about a cooking and a crafting station.  they would be some sort of bench like the research bench.   oh and its been said before but medical table for incapacitated colonists

"You can now dump meals in dumping areas"  also this should attract boomrats and squirrels to your dump

DeltaV

Colonists should make an effort to go around areas like graves and active fighting unless they absolutely have to.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Evul

Move item instead of sell only for smaller items like beds and tables etc. :)

Semmy

I was thinking about wich thoughts influenced your goons.
And wi would like to see more since they seem in place.

I would like to see a more of them.
For negative thoughts i'd like to see:
- Working in the rain
- Working inside for to long
- Doing the same job all the time
- Only males/females
- OW NO COMBAT (for goons with terrible combat skills)

For positive thoughts i'd like to see:
- Working in the sun
- Nice nature (unbuild nature where your goons can walk around and leisure)
- Loves doing his job (when he has high skill/confidence in it)
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

Pendryn

Quote from: cappie on November 03, 2013, 04:57:32 PM

- Make 'repairing' a separate task instead of having it part of 'construction'

This, a thousand times, this.
Reticulating all the splines.

Produno

Quote from: Pendryn on November 03, 2013, 05:41:11 PM
Quote from: cappie on November 03, 2013, 04:57:32 PM

- Make 'repairing' a separate task instead of having it part of 'construction'

This, a thousand times, this.

According to the changelog its already been done.

Veneke

Not sure if these has already been suggested but two (hopefully) quick ideas.

- Manual switches: Have it so that you can turn on and off power to a section of the base. You can already do this somewhat at present by using the dragbox or by arranging your power lines in a specific way and then selling crucial junctions and rebuilding but an on/off switch would be very nice.
- Make it so that you are unable to sell buildings which are on fire, about to explode or during a raider attack. I've been watching a number of LPs and the amount of explosions you can avoid by selling stuff about to blow up is a bit unsettling.

Calistyn

An idea that I've not seen yet: Make it possible to place growing zones on top of graves (the current ones and/or the mass graves that have been suggested.) The zone could conceivably get a small boost as a 'fertilizer,' or not do anything and just make building your colony a little more efficient in terms of space usage.

DeltaV

Quote from: Calistyn on November 03, 2013, 08:42:40 PM
An idea that I've not seen yet: Make it possible to place growing zones on top of graves (the current ones and/or the mass graves that have been suggested.) The zone could conceivably get a small boost as a 'fertilizer,' or not do anything and just make building your colony a little more efficient in terms of space usage.

If this were to be put in, it should give a big decrease in happiness and increase in fear to colonists farming on the land. I mean, you're literally using dead bodies as fertilizer. They already freak out just walking on top of graves.
Quote from: Douglas AdamsIt is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes.

Gsop

Just two weapons:
Prototype Pistol
A laser pistol with relatively low accuracy and range, but a moderate chance of causing stun

Taser
A gun with ridiculously short range, but a huge chance of causing stun 
Why are you reading this?

Calistyn

Quote from: DeltaV on November 03, 2013, 08:51:05 PM
Quote from: Calistyn on November 03, 2013, 08:42:40 PM

If this were to be put in, it should give a big decrease in happiness and increase in fear to colonists farming on the land. I mean, you're literally using dead bodies as fertilizer. They already freak out just walking on top of graves.

That does make sense, especially given the current system, and might be a fun cost vs. benefit decision if it did give a boost to the growing. Later on though, there could also be a 'hippy' trait where a colonist might think of using bodies (human or animal) as fertilizer as a way of 'returning to nature,' and therefore not have a problem with it at all.

bigwolf2101

ok what about adding more farmland in the game should take no more then a few hrs and be a benefit to those that make a farming colony