Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shipwrecked_and_Comatosed

I just wish there was more info provided about animals in general. I had two huskies, one that I started with and one that I bought, or acquired, I forget. I was so happy though as I love huskies, it was fitting to start with one. But I suddenly realised I hadn't seen them in ages and just kind of assumed they were out of sight and off doing their own thing, then I decided to check the animals page just to be sure and to my surprise they were gone. They must have died somehow somewhere along the line and just got cremated without my noticing. Goodness knows when that was. Needless to say I am rather sad at their loss, I really liked those guys. Poor White and Zooey.

zenfur

Quote from: JimmyAgnt007 on September 08, 2015, 02:38:41 PM
the ground should be cleaned before a floor is put down, so that when you build flooring they do the clean work before adding the 'stuff'

By ground cleaned you mean plants cut and items hauled, I agree. Like in prison architect, they prepare the building site first.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Alistaire

The RulePackDef for animal names contains a distinction between male and female names. It just doesn't take into account the gender of the animal. Would be nice if it would.

FridayBiology

Myxomatosis mutate event to kill off smaller animals.
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Jorlem

Quote from: Shipwrecked_and_Comatosed on September 09, 2015, 05:10:39 AM
I just wish there was more info provided about animals in general. I had two huskies, one that I started with and one that I bought, or acquired, I forget. I was so happy though as I love huskies, it was fitting to start with one. But I suddenly realised I hadn't seen them in ages and just kind of assumed they were out of sight and off doing their own thing, then I decided to check the animals page just to be sure and to my surprise they were gone. They must have died somehow somewhere along the line and just got cremated without my noticing. Goodness knows when that was. Needless to say I am rather sad at their loss, I really liked those guys. Poor White and Zooey.
From what I've seen, dead pets automatically get butchered and eaten.I'd like an option to disable that, or at least make it optional.  Maybe a check mark that is turned off by default for butchering named pets?  That way we could bury them or put them in a sarcophagus, at least.

Edit:
On a different note, some way to specify build orders.  For example, lets say I want to fill in a tunnel made by a sapper.  I need to place each wall tile separately, then wait for it to be built before I can place the next one.  Otherwise, they'll build in such a way that the tunnel doesn't get filled in, with inaccessible blueprints deeper in.  (On a related note, a check when building walls to make sure they'll be able to path back to their beds afterwards would be nice.  I've had colonists end up walling themselves in while doing things like fixing sapper damage and walling off spent mines.)

Also, speaking of beds, could the alert for not having enough colonist beds be reenabled?  It seems to have vanished in this patch.

Oh, also, would it be possible to add a button to jump from a selected character to their bed?  It would make adjusting bedroom temperatures far less annoying, along with making modifications to adjust for stuff like the jealousy trait.  The most tedious part of doing this is finding the bedroom in question, especially once the colony starts getting big.

Shipwrecked_and_Comatosed

Quote from: Jorlem on September 10, 2015, 12:36:23 AM
Quote from: Shipwrecked_and_Comatosed on September 09, 2015, 05:10:39 AM
From what I've seen, dead pets automatically get butchered and eaten.I'd like an option to disable that, or at least make it optional.  Maybe a check mark that is turned off by default for butchering named pets?  That way we could bury them or put them in a sarcophagus, at least.

The horror! All of the colonists simultaneously clutch their stomachs in revulsion
I had actually considered that might have been what had happened. I did receive a random collection of cargo pods containing husky meat earlier on which I most certainly didn't let go to waste.. so I probably just never noticed.

Quote from: Jorlem on September 10, 2015, 12:36:23 AM
Edit:
On a different note, some way to specify build orders.  For example, lets say I want to fill in a tunnel made by a sapper.  I need to place each wall tile separately, then wait for it to be built before I can place the next one.  Otherwise, they'll build in such a way that the tunnel doesn't get filled in, with inaccessible blueprints deeper in.  (On a related note, a check when building walls to make sure they'll be able to path back to their beds afterwards would be nice.  I've had colonists end up walling themselves in while doing things like fixing sapper damage and walling off spent mines.)

Yes, this. I've had to deal with people walling themselves in so much!

Panzer

Let idle workers do joy activities.

Mid to lategame I always end up with a lot of idle people, it would be nice to see them do joy activities even when their joy meter is full, instead of wandering or standing around.

Mkok

Quote from: Panzer on September 11, 2015, 03:56:24 AM
Let idle workers do joy activities.

Mid to lategame I always end up with a lot of idle people, it would be nice to see them do joy activities even when their joy meter is full, instead of wandering or standing around.

+100 this!

Also, We need private workbenches! A workbench, that can be used only by allowed colonists!

jamesinar

Guard stations and guard duty as a work option. A guard booth that works as a workstation and is used by pawns with guard as a work option. They could function as drafted but still be able to leave the area to eat , sleep , and have fun.

Smokee

Events with transcendents!!

Abduction: a group of transcendents has abducted your colonist. A month(weeks idk) later, they return with full health, maybe a bionic, or maybe an arm missing. (Either they did experiments, or decided to help your colony)

Maybe some others too, like fire bombs, or dropped goods (like cargo pods, but maybe with some tamed chickens, or some rarer/expensive things)

Kain21

Alistaire

RimWorld.SquadAI.State_DefendSelf
RimWorld.SquadAI.State_DefendPoint
RimWorld.SquadAI.State_HuntEnemies

These classes are also still internal.

A Friend

Ability to overwrite "X is reserved by Bob that's pretty much on the other side of the planet" in favor of someone closer.
"For you, the day Randy graced your colony with a game-ending raid was the most memorable part of your game. But for Cassandra, it was Tuesday"

Squiggly lines you call drawings aka "My Deviantart page"

Oga88

What about being able to make a glass roof. Research glass and of you go. Now you can build a greenhouse.

whoishigh

Personal light sources for colonists, ie torches, lanterns, flashlights, headlamps, glowsticks, etc.

- Remove "in darkness" debuff while worn at night (though colonists would definitely prefer actual lighting indoors).
- Some have limited a limited lifespan once activated (torches, glowsticks), battery-operated lights are useless until they recharge.
- Events where Bessy kicks over a torch or John Q. Colonist carelessly dropped a still smoldering/lit torch for any number of reasons to start a wildfire in/around the colony. Or fun with pyrophobic colonists :D

Ideally colonists would activate or seek out these lights as night fell, maybe they'd try to keep one or two on their person at all times.