Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ClonzEh

-A thief raid that happens during night, they sneak in or spawn near items of higher value and attempt to steal + run.

-animal types that can be mounted for extra speed, raiders can also come in on mounts, ex mounted archers.

-make spaceship components easier to assemble SYMMETRICALLY! Ahhh I almost lost my mind!

-when colonists get unhappy they can also run away.

-a colonist that has a back story for a life a crime, he might join the colony and steal something + run away.

-an option to banish a colonist from the colony

-allow twitch integration in options, so raiders / potential colonists can be pulled from chat names, maybe with a special twitch icon beside their name. (I could help with this, I'm currently coding a unity - twitch asset)

-wheel barrel for colonists to hauling around materials, load/unload

-allow batteries/geothermal/combustion to work during solar flare, but have electronics flicker off and on (so it is possible for hydroponics to survive)

-make add/remove region options in a more convenient location, so adding a new region and changing it's area ALSO in the same spot.

-allow zones to also consider item quality

-add a timer after being drafted which prevents colonists from doing JOY activities

-prioritizing to build a wall or electricity wire should queue the colonist to build all of them within a specific range, not just 1!

-drafting during JOY activities should also cause a negative effect, similar to sleep disturbed

-zombie event or similar idea, slow, dumb, annoying, leaving base would be a terrible idea until you wipe them out

b0rsuk

Alpha 13
successful trade with a faction should slightly improve relations. You might track the amount of silver changing hands and give +1 relations for every I don't know, 300 silver ?

Bloodthirsty colonists should be impossible to draft. Instead, they would be stuck in "aggressive" mode.
Cowardly (pacifist ?) colonists the opposite - stuck in Run Away mode.

Painstoppers for my grizzly bears!

JuanEnrique

id love to be able to put windows on walls!!!
that would make colonists happy if they can look outside.
small windows, big windows..... skylights?

and something like Space weed! if we´re going to have space beer, i think we should have space weed! you know... you have to grow it OR buy it from certain people who pass by..... there is different types and their qualities can all vary, this giving different effects. relieving depression.... relieving pain (some of my colonists are in slight pain for some reason), other types could make paranoid, some colonists would love it, others would not like it...... why not?

b0rsuk

"Regenerating" - this colonist has a strange mutation causing him to grow back lost limbs, or at least fingers, toes, eyes. Larger limbs take longer to grow back.

whoishigh

Pet suggestions!

- Remove following/defending from Obedience training, maybe merge it with Release instead so players can let a colonist be the master of his bonded animal without taking it into battle.

- "Set owner" button for pet beds, and a corresponding mood boost/loss for sharing/not sharing a room with a bonded animal.

mumblemumble

Give attacks a chance to glance or graze.  Randomly make a projectile / melee hit graze / glance,  doing half or so damage (possible less?)   adding variety to fights,  and (possibly)  framework for less lethal takedowns if directed aimed attacks are ever added.  Would also be interesting to see a sniper rifle round graze someones head,  or just nick their heart, or pistol shots grazing off someone's arm or torso.

Allow combination of herbal medicine and beer (or more suitable alcohol)  for making a higher tier,  surgery worthy medicine which is renewable.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.

Samsonzi

1)   The ability to name trainable animals
2)   That the auto-name feature for other animals like Chickens reflects an animal's gender and that they have matured. Eg. Once hatched they are currently assigned names like Chick 1, 2, 3....etc and will keep this name all their life. I would like the auto-name to say Male Chick 1 and then once they mature, change to Rooster 1. Female Chick 1 then Hen 1. This would make managing large chicken farms (slaughtering male Chicks!) much easier.
3)   Ability to perform operation to sterilise/neuter/spay animals. Again to control populations without having to slaughter or sell a perfectly good hauling dog/pig/boar just because he is a bit frisky!

carpediembr

New traits: Food allergy

Most people I've seen streaming just plant rice, because of it's speed and ignore anything else. What if your colonist had certain allergy to your food? If they ate that certain food or any food with it as ingredient they could go from mood loss, food poisoning, diseases or even death.

It would have at least 3 levels: Contact Allergy, Late-phase and Acute (the latest being the deathlike)

hector212121

Pff, you don't think they'd have genemodded the crap out of those?

Maybe if it can be made tribal only.

Anyway, my own idea? Poison.

For instance, cobras should have poison. Because cobras are poisonous snakes.

Boudhha

hi,

There is a little thing that could be made, It is when you rescue someone, or when you capture someone with the purpose to release him.

There is an option for which medicines you allow prisoners ( rescuee?) to be used on.

Could there be the same option for meals? When playing on maps with the short supply of food, we could make them eat a simple meal while keeping the best ones for our colonists.

(Sorry for my English) Thanks :)

blerkz

New traits:

Neat Freak - gets a bigger mood debuff from dirty rooms, but cleans at increased rate

Sloppy - doesn't mind dirt at all but really dislikes cleaning.

Social penalty between them obviously.

GuesUserNameGUN

not sure if this has been mentioned, but please make it so people can still walk with only one leg.

b0rsuk

Deer can spontaneously turn into killing machines when you kill one of them (Deer revenge). Let's say it's interesting. Now that we have the "retreat from danger" behaviour, it would be nice if hunted animals could run away too. How often and how many run away is just a matter of tweaking a few numbers.

Nictis

Quote from: Tynan on April 15, 2016, 02:23:57 AM
Quote from: Mkok on April 12, 2016, 04:37:31 PM
My suggestion is to make spaceship traders carry a lot more stuff, but make them rarer, so they actually feel different from trade caravans.

Right now, they feel just like another caravan. But considering they have a spaceship, they should have much larger stock to offer, and since we live on a rimworld, they should be kinda rare. If you get 1 space trader per year, but get the option to buy enough medicine to last you for 10 years, they could actually feel important. You would still need that silver to buy it, so it wouldnt be OP, and land caravans would still offer you all the small trading you need. Also, this would make it more important to not make every faction your enemy, as that would seriously cut your trading capabilities.

Very cool thought.

And it's actually a cheap idea, which is great!
Is that why it took a year and a half to get a trade ship? It was bulk goods man, and they didn't even carry my mech bait (Chickens).

mumblemumble

To be completely honest,  space traders are pretty damn rare now anyways... Not sure it should be lowered more,  but i completely agree on a larger stock. They are a company with a ship,  dealing in bulk is only logical,  its a pain to only see 2 components,  and a dozen beer for sale.
Why to people worry about following their heart? Its lodged in your chest, you won't accidentally leave it behind.

-----

Its bad because reasons, and if you don't know the reasons, you are horrible. You cannot ask what the reasons are or else you doubt it. But the reasons are irrefutable. Logic.