Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

milon

+1 to that!

Also, people & pets don't like being sold.  Selling a pawn (colonist, prisoner, or bonded pet) should create a negative one-way (two-way?) relationship between that pawn and whoever sold them.

Hyena

Quote from: b0rsuk on May 12, 2016, 02:50:34 AM
On the Deconstruct button, show a tooltip telling the (estimated) amount of resources and components I'd get. I'm currently playing permadeath, have 24 components and need 18 more to afford 10 cryptosleep caskets. I might get enough by deconstructing my base, but I don't know.

Either way, components as a game mechanic suggest a recycling approach.

+1, that would be super helpful.

Songleaves

Breathing and blood pumping should affect movement speed. In general people with weak hearts or one lung can struggle with things like walking up stairs, they shouldn't be moving at the same speed as everyone else.

blub01

add the option to tell a drafted colonist to NOT shoot at an enemy. I don't want my shotgun colonist firing into a brawl.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Jonofwrath

Second that - don't want my pawns shooting at my pack of attack-Boars.

Neotic

Glitterworld Meal
15 crops, 15 meat, 10 insect jelly
not sure what the perks would be though, but it could go along the lines of mood boost
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

blub01

personal shields for animals. otherwise, they just get shot by my turrets.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Burak

Clean dirt before snow and why snow has negative beauty

Kain21

Frag grenade launcher and Emp grenade launcher

Blixit

Executions. Making hunters move up on a downed animal is a step in the right direction, but when it takes 6hrs to kill a downed animal at point blank because the hunter is simply missing just frustrates me so much. Instead of going up to continue shooting the animal why not just have it like the slaughter button on domestic animals.

Also tone down the berserk mental state a tad cause that can also hurt the fun. Especially when a colony is going through hard times from no fault of the player like mass sickness or something, someone can be going berserk daily. Imagine writing a colony journal like Ive read some people do, and every single day it just reads this person went berserk because he didn't clean up his room. It gets tiring. Maybe make people go berserk for things that really matter like their spouse died, cause that will give that tantrum so much more meaning! 

And talking about cleaning up his room, WHY DON'T COLONISTS DO THAT?! Its only reasonable that you tidy up your room and not expect your friend to clean it for you.. Maybe add it to joy or something, to make people care about the state of their rooms.

Anyway, Rimworld is my favorite game, keep up the good work!  :)

Jonofwrath

Lock the camera to a pawn via keyboard shortcut.

hector212121

Quote from: Tacopaco on May 13, 2016, 03:14:19 PM
Glitterworld Meal
15 crops, 15 meat, 10 insect jelly
not sure what the perks would be though, but it could go along the lines of mood boost

Temporary Blood Filtration bonus? Possibly a temporary hunger speed gain reduction?

Vaporisor

Brought up in another thread, but:

Can we get a letter notification when a kidnapped colonist shows up, similar to how we get one for family members please?  It seems they can return, but no notifications.  How many have been killed by former friends without even knowing it?
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Sicdoc

maximum skill level on benches or only alloy certain individuals use of a bench?

newcadence

Bayonets. Or maybe being able to hold a small melee weapon (shiv/knife/club) alongside your gun. Or even being able to smack raiders with the butt of your Lee-Enfield.