Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

carbon

Powered doors operate the way temperature control units work, with three different states:

1) Off - colonist has switched this door into fully manual mode, no power drain, operates like an unpowered door.

2) Low - door is on and can can open quickly, but isn't being used so power draw is quite low.

3) High - door is on and has been used recently, power drain temporarily spikes to power motor.

I don't know if there's a practical code reason why this hasn't been done before, but the current state of powered doors being perpetually ON (there's no off switch) and constantly draining large amounts of power is a bit unrealistic and frustrating. If an eclipse hits, I can turn off all my lights and other non-essentials, but doors just keep draining no matter what.

giannikampa

For each weapon carried by a centipede have slightly different centipedes, each has its own
body parts hit point, scale size(/color), strenght value when generating raids.
The rest as is.
And as always.. sorry for my bad english

Songleaves

Maybe add an additional starting outfit that excepts all types of clothing, but only those with quality normal and above and damage 50% and above. Every game I have to make this outfit and assign it to the colonists to avoid mood debuffs. Maybe call it "nice"?

charkesd

Quote from: Sicdoc on May 16, 2016, 01:06:39 PM
maximum skill level on benches or only alloy certain individuals use of a bench?
this is already a thing!

GarettZriwin

Quote from: charkesd on May 17, 2016, 10:01:13 PM
this is already a thing!
Maximum(So you can train your noobs), not minimum

charkesd

hm

well i usually make 2 benches and on one of them have no skill min and a quote of 5, then on the second bench have a quote of 7 or 8, but a skill min of like 16 or something, and only make out of the good mats.
that way the colonists will always have choice apparel to wear!

i GUESS if you did this and had 2 benches and got alot of mats at once you could do something like that bc both tailors would be working to meet the quota

charkesd

but i agree it should be a slider with 2 ends!

Vaporisor

I was thinking watching Blitz' lets play.  Is it possible to change operation language in the dropdown menu depending on situation?

So an uninjured missing person is 'transplant' or something similar
An injured limb is 'replace'
A missing limb is 'install'

Just cause twice now in the current series, wrong body part replaced and today's episode almost again.  I double/triple check out of habit, but amputations are uniquely flagged so is it possible to do it quickly for limbs and organs?
Stories by Vaporisor

Escaped convicts!
concluded
Altair XIII
Frozen Wastes

Dreams_Of_Cheese

Silly little suggestion: when a character gets a scar, there might be a coinflip chance of it being a badass, cool dude scar or being a gross disfiguring scar. That way at least not everyone with a scar on their eye is -15 in relationships (which feels excessive, IMO) and might even have a bonus. I'd trust the cool warrior dude with scars on his eye :)

Sicdoc

bechtoldn

I noticed that other factions have faction leaders yet your colony doesn't. Why not add a feature where one colonists (most likely the one with the highest Warden skill) becomes the leader shortly after landing. This colonist will also probably need to have high positive social standings with everyone. Being the leader would give perks to others around them like increased mood. But when the leader dies there is a larger negative mood effect. Then when it comes to picking the leader those who are greedy will be upset for a while when not elected leader. There could even be things like good and bad leaders.

hwfanatic

Quote from: carbon on May 17, 2016, 12:25:31 PM
Powered doors operate the way temperature control units work, with three different states:
+1
Should be in the game, but in the meantime, try CCL Vanilla Tweaks. Does exactly that.

Lakuna

Ace_livion

when a colonist is Dazzles... and drop their things... it really suck to look all over the map after his pants..
make things dropped auto haul able... its really silly that colonists don't automatically the next morning pick up their pants.

next. make animals show what kind of food they eat.... (when you click on them)
i know most people know what a bear eat.. but then you look at a boomrat and wonder? meat or vegetable?
you might also in the future add more alien animals where its good to know, since breeding on meat eaters tend to start a fire or turn into animal starvation....

Jonofwrath

Regarding animals you can already find out what animals eat - click on the "i" on their info-card to bring up details including what they eat, how much they can carry how much damage they do etc.