Your Cheapest Ideas

Started by Tynan, October 09, 2013, 12:17:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FridayBiology

Quote from: Supert on July 05, 2016, 09:26:09 AM
2) Preferred zone for visitors/trade depot. I had traders from Aunt's Cliff. They had bring herd of bears and stopped in middle of my turrets' line. One of the bears decided to hunt down boomalope. Boomalope was standing next to my turret, too. Boomalope exploded, turret exploded, bear exploded and every single auntcliffer in the world become hostile to me. Because my turret harmed their bear.

+1 maybe set rally point at trade beacon/gathering point such as table?
Yes another god damn youtuber.
 https://www.youtube.com/user/FridayBiology

Neotic

Quote from: FridayBiology on July 05, 2016, 10:18:23 AM
Quote from: Supert on July 05, 2016, 09:26:09 AM
2) Preferred zone for visitors/trade depot. I had traders from Aunt's Cliff. They had bring herd of bears and stopped in middle of my turrets' line. One of the bears decided to hunt down boomalope. Boomalope was standing next to my turret, too. Boomalope exploded, turret exploded, bear exploded and every single auntcliffer in the world become hostile to me. Because my turret harmed their bear.

+1 maybe set rally point at trade beacon/gathering point such as table?
+1 i thought this was already a thing i guess i was wrong, But since it isn't in the game it should definitely be in it
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

b0rsuk

Dumping stockpiles shouldn't expand Home Zone. Seeing a peg-legged cleaner hop to a remote corpse dumping site just to clear rubble is irritating.

Neotic

When a limb is shot off it show drop some meat of human/animal it fell off of. it doesn't make sense for it to just disappear.
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

Neotic

Molotov less effective on dirt (chance they wont go off) and ineffective on deep water, shallow water, etc. It doesn't make sense for them to go off and in water and Molotov should decay fast since they have like a magical infinite source of Molotov's. Finally you should be able to craft Molotov with 5 beer and 2 cloth
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

Neotic

gun research bench because how do they already know how to make guns?
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

Havan_IronOak

I recently started looking into what's stored in the save-game file in order diagnose what I expect is a bug/mod conflict that has visitors/and or incident animals appearing on bits of the map that are actually on inaccessible squares under mountains.

I was really struck by how much historical info is stored about each colonist. Some of it is used in creating the "Art Narratives" associated with sculptures etc.

I think that there should be a button added that allows players to review some of that data in the form of a colonist's  journal.

DariusWolfe

QuoteI think that there should be a button added that allows players to review some of that data in the form of a colonist's  journal.

I have an Excel-based tool I've been working on that does something similar. I don't know enough about modding to do a mod, but I'm thinking I may make a separate application that'll do the same basic deal.

Dimbledorf

When will Tynan add goats, I wonder?

Neotic

1x1 Tables for prisons and other things (not exactly sure; but i am sure they'll be useful)
BRAIN-OVERLOAD

keylocke

-have a button that would tell colonists to convert a normal door into an autodoor and vice versa.

Havan_IronOak

Quote from: Tacopaco on July 09, 2016, 04:09:55 PM
1x1 Tables for prisons and other things (not exactly sure; but i am sure they'll be useful)

Call em TV Trays!  Of course these already exist in one of the mods as modular tables. It lets you make them any size. You can even set up a lunch counter!

Viriathus

The "make until you have X" mechanic should have a corresponding "start when you have X". So you can have colonists work on things in bulk and not just running over there to make one item and leave, just to have the required number. Its kind of a waste of time.

Decker

Add moose.

Add mating season for various animals.  Male versions of various animals during specific periods are aggressive, and often fight each other.  Mother during spring are aggressive over their young.

Add horns, can be crafted by various animals horns.

When blown they summon infantry to the character blowing the horn.

maksvellgood

I do not know expensive idea or not, but would be happy if introduced. You can make a tattoo colonists . For example - in the head , back, arms, etc., and make trait - an amateur tattoo or tattoos phobia .